Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Disable smtp

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

kwan

Established Member
Impact
19
I'm getting a lot of bounce messages from my domains at hostgator. I noticed now that the smtp service is active. I asked their support but they said "I don't think you can change that" :|

Does anyone know if I can block it or disable smtp and how (I have cpanel) ?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Do you have a dedicated or is this a shared/reseller account?
 
0
•••
It's a shared account.

CrazyTech said:
Do you have a dedicated or is this a shared/reseller account?
 
0
•••
To disable SMTP service you have to
1. login into Cpanel as Administrator
2. go to Service Configuration
3. go to Service Manager
4. uncheck exim
 
0
•••
I don't have access to that menu. I can't log into cpanel as administrator on a shared account.

I submitted another ticket to hostgator, I'll wait to see what they say.
 
0
•••
kwan, it's definitely up to them to resolve this matter.
 
0
•••
Right, as a shared client you'll have no control over that. Ask for an SPF record if you do not already have one - that may help you out some.
 
0
•••
Thanks for you help. They are looking into it, so I'll just have to be patient :hehe:
 
0
•••
Disable catch-all email, that is the likely issue you are having (spoofed email addresses)
 
0
•••
Having a shared account the client has to contact only tech support to solve his problems successfully.
 
0
•••
Garpiya, actually paying attention to what was posted also helps:

I asked their support but they said "I don't think you can change that"
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back