Domain Empire

DirectNIC is Indeed the Worst Registrar Ever.. Bad is an Understatement.!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Aywhy93

Established Member
Impact
TL:DR - DirectNIC fixed my issue in around 24 hours and I am happy with them now, but the way it was handled was frustrating

Note:
This is my horrible experience with DirectNIC, just sharing so that domainers who are not yet in the middle of their ocean will decide whether to or not to step on their beach. Decide wisely..!

Just few days after @usernamex created a thread about DirectNIC discounted .com and .net promo @ just $4.17. I was very happy and I decided to try them out and register a domain which is one of the top domains on my waiting list, I registered this domain smoothly, payment went through and it was registered immediately, I was very happy and I thought I've joined the best registrar already, the other domains in my waiting list were itching on me to get them registered immediately but I paused due to other complaints I was seeing from other NamePros member about DirectNIC. I wanted to trust them fully before going too far with them.

Now, few days after I've already registered the domain, and already listed it on my most preferred marketplace, I got a direct inbound inquiry in my email on the domain, i started negotiating with the buyer and after sending him a counter offer in the low $xxxx, I decided to login and manage the settings of the domain, to my surprise, 'I kept getting an error that my account has been locked, I should contact DirectNIC support'. I was very shocked and went mad. 'This will be my first sale EVER in domaining and I started just recently but DirectNIC is going to kill my Domaining career', I said to myself.

I immediately contacted their support to get my account unlocked and I was asked to send my personal document, a government issued ID to be precise to [email protected], I didn't think twice about it cuz I really cant wait to get this sale through, I scanned my Best Government issued ID (International Passport) and sent it immediately, my account was not even worked on for hours after doing this. I had to send them a message about this again and this time around, the same [email protected] that told me to send my personal doc to [email protected] for verification is now telling me to send my personal documents to one guy bearing Stephens who I dont want to give a f*ck about. How on earth will this happen?
If I was actually told to send it to this email in the first place, maybe I'll just send it but now I am being directed and redirected to different emails so my personal document can be circulated until it gets to those who wanna use it for their dirty activities or what.? I dont think any reliable or trustworthy business will do this, so unprofessional. I am really confused now. What do y'all think NamePros ..?

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's quite a bit of runaround : bummer :

If you are going to send again, maybe cc also to @Mike Robertson

Thank you for signing up at Directnic to take advantage of promotion we're running right now on .COM and .NET domains. I'm happy to hear that you were able to get your account issue resolved.

If you, or anyone else ever has any issues/problems with their Directnic account, feel free to contact me directly, [email protected].

Directnic has been in the domain business for over a decade, we just finished celebrating our 15 year anniversary. Come give us a visit at Directnic.com and register a few domains!

Regards,

Mike

Mike Robertson
Director of Business Development
https://www.namepros.com/posts/5917649/

•••
Registrars asking for ID in order to validate new accounts is something common.
Granted, it's something they could have done from the outset.
Account locking can also be a consequence of a chargeback, even unintentional. Some banks may also deem certain transactions fraudulent and cancel them, possibly without the cardholder being notified.

•••
DirectNic is not the worst register ever. I never had a problem with them. There's so many worse registers

•••
That's quite a bit of runaround : bummer :

If you are going to send again, maybe cc also to @Mike Robertson

Thank you for signing up at Directnic to take advantage of promotion we're running right now on .COM and .NET domains. I'm happy to hear that you were able to get your account issue resolved.

If you, or anyone else ever has any issues/problems with their Directnic account, feel free to contact me directly, [email protected].

Directnic has been in the domain business for over a decade, we just finished celebrating our 15 year anniversary. Come give us a visit at Directnic.com and register a few domains!

Regards,

Mike

Mike Robertson
Director of Business Development
https://www.namepros.com/posts/5917649/

Thank you... I'll do just that in the morning..!

•••
Registrars asking for ID in order to validate new accounts is something common.
Granted, it's something they could have done from the outset.
Account locking can also be a consequence of a chargeback, even unintentional. Some banks may also deem certain transactions fraudulent and cancel them, possibly without the cardholder being notified.

I understand... But really, even after like 5 days.? I'm 100% sure it isn't my payment, it has reflected and have been charged already, i cant remember the year i had problem with my payment going through online last. Well, the issue is how their support keeps kicking me from one email to another with my personal docs flying around all the places. They told me to send my ID to accounting@directnic and still telling me to send it to cstephens after several hours I've sent it to accounting.

•••
DirectNic is not the worst register ever. I never had a problem with them. There's so many worse registers

Exactly what i expect you to say since you've never been locked-out in a critical moment or needed crucial help from them. What rocks your boat is sinking someone else's boat and vice versa.

•••
•••
Why wait til morning? : confused :

It's midnight here... 01:45am (a lot of sleep debt from the last few days) and the time difference is few hours, which means it'll also be late at DirectNIC, late on a Sunday night..! By morning, it'll be Monday. Any business that cant sort this type of issue on a Monday morning has proven itself to be sh*t then.

•••
I fully agree that they should have handled this better, but really no reason to delay. Least resistance? Send now maybe they fix it pronto, worst case they don't fix til morning but no more stress for you? Chat is live right now, which means support is working. I was on chat with them the other day at 3AM their time

•••
I agree with you @usernamex. They should be solved this better.
@Aywhy93 take it easy and give them another chance. I do have my domains here without any problem, so you should not be worry. Everything gonna be ok. I think that, because they active new account manually so, in a good promotion, many new accounts created made the process slower.

•••
If they want to verify or validate new accounts why they don't do that at the first time Aywhy93 make a payment? They waited 5 days and until he'd received a first deal in his domain carreer then they locked him. I think it's unacceptable :(

Last edited:
•••
I had to send them a message about this again and this time around, the same [email protected] that told me to send my personal doc to [email protected] for verification is now telling me to send my personal documents to one guy bearing Stephens who I dont want to give a f*ck about. How on earth will this happen?
If I was actually told to send it to this email in the first place, maybe I'll just send it but now I am being directed and redirected to different emails so my personal document can be circulated until it gets to those who wanna use it for their dirty activities or what.? I dont think any reliable or trustworthy business will do this, so unprofessional. I am really confused now. What do y'all think NamePros ..?

That sucks. If I had to guess though, I'd say their accounts department probably doesn't work over the weekend - hence the second email. Still not an excuse though. They don't seem to appreciate the fact that many of us don't feel entirely comfortable sharing our personal documents to any Tom, Dick or Stephen.

Last edited:
•••
I fully agree that they should have handled this better, but really no reason to delay. Least resistance? Send now maybe they fix it pronto, worst case they don't fix til morning but no more stress for you? Chat is live right now, which means support is working. I was on chat with them the other day at 3AM their time

Thank you very much, I didn't get in touch with them last night. This morning, I got a sorry message, that my account has been successfully verified and unlocked. I hope I'll enjoy my stay with them now with no more troubles..!

•••
I agree with you @usernamex. They should be solved this better.
@Aywhy93 take it easy and give them another chance. I do have my domains here without any problem, so you should not be worry. Everything gonna be ok. I think that, because they active new account manually so, in a good promotion, many new accounts created made the process slower.

Hi @luantt , thanks for the advice, I'm actually calm now and I hope I won't have problems with them anymore, if so, I'll use them for my everyday hang-reg until a super sales arrive. Thank you very much, I hope I'll enjoy my stay with them now with no more troubles and worries..!

•••
If they want to verify or validate new accounts why they don't do that at the first time Aywhy93 make a payment? They waited 5 days and until he'd received a first deal in his domain carreer then they locked him. I think it's unacceptable :(

That's what I thought at first, I think it's actually coincidental for real according to my thoughts. I was hot cuz I had no issues at all until the 5th day when I was locked out, everything is fine now and I hope this sale will go through, really excited.

•••
Lol........ I still think 1and1 take the prize for the worst registrar.... :)

•••
That sucks. If I had to guess though, I'd say their accounts department probably doesn't work over the weekend - hence the second email. Still not an excuse though. They don't seem to appreciate the fact that many of us don't feel entirely comfortable sharing our personal documents to any Tom, Dick or Stephen.

You hit the nail on the head, that's exactly what happened. I actually wasn't even pained when I was asked to send it at first, I knew it was for security and safety purpose but when I was told to send it to another email when I've already sent it to the first email hours before, I got annoyed. Thanks..!

•••
•••
Lol........ I still think 1and1 take the prize for the worst registrar.... :)

Really..? Why..? I have a domain there for 0.99c though and got no issue ... LoL

•••
Really..? Why..? I have a domain there for 0.99c though and got no issue ... LoL

Yikes..those folks have no morals or principles... plus make it as difficult as they can for you to trasfer your domains out. Plus they have a crappy back end and useless support team... they charge 0.99c as a "hook" then once you in they try their best to keep you there...lol

•••
Yikes..those folks have no morals or principles... plus make it as difficult as they can for you to trasfer your domains out. Plus they have a crappy back end and useless support team... they charge 0.99c as a "hook" then once you in they try their best to keep you there...lol

I see... I will soon get out like a Rabbit viewing a fresh Carrot from distance..! LOL :xf.wink:

•••
I see... I will soon get out like a Rabbit viewing a fresh Carrot from distance..! LOL :xf.wink:

hhahaah that would be a good move! :)

•••
That's what I thought at first, I think it's actually coincidental for real according to my thoughts. I was hot cuz I had no issues at all until the 5th day when I was locked out, everything is fine now and I hope this sale will go through, really excited.

Glad to hear that everything is fine now with you. Good luck to you sale :)

•••
Hi @luantt , thanks for the advice, I'm actually calm now and I hope I won't have problems with them anymore, if so, I'll use them for my everyday hang-reg until a super sales arrive. Thank you very much, I hope I'll enjoy my stay with them now with no more troubles and worries..!
Congrats buddy, next time, when someone else meets the same problem, you can be the one who tell them the story, help them calm and lead them the way to get support.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back