NameSilo

DirectNic.com domain push waiting period

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

singhhooda

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

To push the domain between directnic account, we need to wait for 60-days period ?

Their one representative said domain can be pushed within 2 days of registration
Screenshot : https://prnt.sc/njku3j

Considering there is no restriction, I outreached buyer and the domain is sold.
Now, at the time of push, the other representative says 60-day waiting period is there.

Questions their representative are asking :
I am the assistant manager. I am sure of the process. Why do you need a domain moved to another account after purchasing it? Why not buy it in the correct account?
You created an account , bought the domain and then sold it all within a couple weeks?
Screenshot : http://prntscr.com/njktd0

Are this type of questions applicable in moving the domain?

Is there any DirectNic representative here at Namepros?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Had the same problem last year.Tell them you sell domains as a job(reseller) and you have already taken payment for the domain.Tell them they are affecting your business and making you look bad,which is unacceptable.You have every right to push a domain to another directnic account within 60 days.
Push them and they will sort it.
All the best

•••
•••
Had the same problem last year.Tell them you sell domains as a job(reseller) and you have already taken payment for the domain.Tell them they are affecting your business and making you look bad,which is unacceptable.You have every right to push a domain to another directnic account within 60 days.
Push them and they will sort it.
All the best
Thanks for your thoughts.

@Axc Was your request accepted for removing 60-days lock?

I tried my best to explain them but they denied my request.
Below conversation took place.

Support : You created an account , bought the domain and then sold it all within a couple weeks?
My Reply : Hi Zack, I have mentioned about the scenario. Other party is interested in acquiring it. Domain can sell within a day or within a year if you know your targeted end users.
Support : I think that you made an account to buy a domain name during the promotion and are moving it to another account to get around the 1 domain per account rule.
My Reply : Hi Zack, I think we are loosing the track and going in other direction. So it's confirmed that the domain can't be moved to other directnic account during 60 day waiting period?
Support : Correct.

The main point is why the other representative gave wrong information :
Other representative said this earlier :
Account holder : So if I a register a domain today, I can push the domain to other directnic account within 2 days of registration if required and that will not need to create a support request?
Support : Yes
The domain will transfer
You cannot transfer a newly registered domain to another registrar until the domain has been registered for 60 days or more
For interaccount transfers, that does not apply
There is no locking
Domain lock is not an issue for inter account transfers So this is interaccount (directnic to directnic) move of domain.

Last edited:
•••
That is totally unacceptable practice...

I think you should send an email to ICANN with all the conversation details...

I read somewhere that account push should be made available to customers as per ICANN rules...

Just saw this response by
@usernamex for another directnic trouble thread...

That's quite a bit of runaround : bummer :

If you are going to send again, maybe cc also to @Mike Robertson

Thank you for signing up at Directnic to take advantage of promotion we're running right now on .COM and .NET domains. I'm happy to hear that you were able to get your account issue resolved.

If you, or anyone else ever has any issues/problems with their Directnic account, feel free to contact me directly, [email protected].

Directnic has been in the domain business for over a decade, we just finished celebrating our 15 year anniversary. Come give us a visit at Directnic.com and register a few domains!

Regards,

Mike

Mike Robertson
Director of Business Development
https://www.namepros.com/posts/5917649/

Hope it helps..

Thanks

•••
•••
so whats final verdict?
As per my experience with them, I lost the sale due to not being able to push domain to other directnic account within 60 days of it's registration.

•••
Hello All,

I'll be happy to answer this question for everyone. When you register a new domain name on Directnic.com, you are unable to transfer it to another registrar or push it inside of your account to a different Directnic account for 60-days. If you need to transfer the domain name to another Directnic customer within 60 days of registration then our Customer Support team can bypass that for you. The exception is with new accounts as a fraud prevention measure. New accounts will need to wait the full 60 days then they will be able to transfer the domain name. I hope this information helps!

Thanks,
Brian DeLancey
Director of Customer Support
Directnic.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back