IT.COM

DirectAdmin or cPanel

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What's better DirectAdmin or cPanel

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • DirectAdmin

votes
    36.4%
  • cPanel

votes
    63.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

What you think what's better DirectAdmin or cPanel and with which control panel I'll attract more customers you thinks?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
:imho:
Best for stability, reliability and management: DirectAdmin
Best for managing resellers, and overall reputation: CPanel

•••
Yeah for me I prefer DirectAdmin but most customers ask for cPanel as it's the most popular control panel at the moment and they think it's the best...

•••
I preffer cpanel because cPanel is very easy to use and my customers all seem to want it over directadmin.

•••
If you are selling hosting then cpanel because more customers want it. For my own use I prefer directadmin because it takes less server resources and is much cheaper then cpanel.

•••
As a user I love cPanel. My webhost has switched to DirectAdmin from cPanel as they said DirectAdmin was more stable. Anyway, I think cPanel is more welcomed by end users.

•••
sums up very nice, but I still like cpanel :)
mostly for myself and managing my client's sites.

PolurNET said:
:imho:
Best for stability, reliability and management: DirectAdmin
Best for managing resellers, and overall reputation: CPanel

•••
I've tried cPanel, DirectAdmin and Plesk on my servers. As user, I was happy about every CP I mentioned here (Plesk is my favourite though). When I'm ordering a server to host my own sites, I prefer DirectAdmin or Plesk, I save few dollars that way.

I used to run web hosting company for a year. We had more than 1000 customers. First of all we started with Plesk, we also had DA on one server. Most of customers were quite happy about Plesk and DA, but we lost some customers becouse we had no cPanel hosting to offer. I learned that cPanel is the best choice for hosting company. Actually, you may lose some customers if you'd choose other CP, since most of people who are looking for hosting thinks that cPanel is the best.

•••
I think cPanel is the best in terms of client satisfaction and preferences. It is more user friendly and stable.

•••
i recommend cPanel i hadnt yet tried driectadmin and dont want too anyways i heard it suck

•••
Cpanel is user friendly and has more features making it more functional. It is more pleasing to the eye and more customisable. So, many customers will attract towards it.

•••
I voted for cPanel mainly because of it’s ease of use, has more features and does the job easily without much of a hassle.

•••
I Voted cPanel becouse of its popularity, and how easy it is to use. as a user and a host, I prefer cPanel and so do my customers

•••
I honestly prefer DirectAdmin. but, because of the wide use of cPanel I use that on my host.

•••
I Like The Most ...Direct Admin its easy To Use and User Friendly buy ..my Host Use CPanal So i Have To Use it .. but i like Direct Admin

•••
•••
I like cPanel because it seems to have more features. I've used DirectAdmin a little but the features are hard to access (meaning I have to go through several levels of pages before I get to the page I want) and it also does not have Fantastico or any other free scripts.

•••
I like Directadmin as it tends to use up less server resources. Less bugs than cPanel as well. If I wanted a user-friendly control panel, I will go to cPanel as it tends to have more features for "nooby" users.

•••
CPanel because it is more versatile, more commonly used, more of a support base if you run into troubles.

Direct admin for well.. It is like an open-source version of CPanel..

CPanel = Microsoft
Directadmin = Linux..
Plesk = Apple

That sums it up..

- Steve

•••
I have personally used both before. I would prefer cpanel to direct admin anyday, due to its attractive and easy to navigate interface/features. But the problem with cpanel is that its such a huge memory resource hog compared to Direct Admin, and sometimes it just loads too slow.

•••
CPanel X - the only one to use IMO, much better!

•••
i prefer DirectAdmin more as it is simple and neat to use.

•••
Well im a fan of both, however i hate the way they both cant seem to do any visual updates...cpanel looks like it was made 15 years ago, with low quality images and DirectAdmin looks like a cheap knockoff.

Both are VERY good scripts and you will be happy with either one.

•••
Not used DirectAdmin before so I can't compare directly... but I do like cPanel and I have done some research on DirectAdmin and HSphere and other panels.

I would have to say cPanel is definitely more well known and does appear easier to use, at least on the surface. There are some pretty good skins available for cPanel too.

•••
If you are trying to sell hosting then cPanel is the only way, but if that server would be only for your own servers then DirectAdmin is more stable

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back