Dynadot

Difference between Parking stats and GoDaddy Whois info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cdomains

Top Member
Impact
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. When I compare the visitors to my parked pages and the who is numbers in my GD account they are completely different. In fact they are not even close. The most popular names in my parked account do not match up at all with the DNS requests posted in my GD account. Has anyone else noticed this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whois lookups are not DNS requests. They are unrelated systems that have nothing to do with one another. That's why your parking stats and GoDaddy Whois lookups are different.

Parking stats are how many visitors end up on your website (typed in your domain, clicked a link that lead to your domain, et cetera). They may type the domain into their browser if they want to buy it.

GoDaddy Whois stats are how many people went to whois.godaddy.com and looked up your contact information (name, phone, address, email, et cetera). They may want to buy the domain from you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back