Dynadot

question Did I just catch a huge domain ?

NameSilo
Watch

Kobycannon16

Impact
So i have just claimed the domain, cryptomoonpicks.com, i found it on expired domains it was dropped yesterday. Am i right in thinking this is a great domain name to own ?

Could someone let me know if i am correct in thinking this ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. Why did you buy it?
2. Did you make your research?

Answer these questions then you'll find out

•••
1. Why did you buy it?
2. Did you make your research?

Answer these questions then you'll find out
I bought it because crypto domain names are becoming popular, it is a easily brandable name aswell.

•••
I bought it because crypto domain names are becoming popular, it is a easily brandable name aswell.

That's your reason. How about the second question? Did you do your research to see if similar keywords are being used, rtds, potential buyers etc.

•••
That's your reason. How about the second question? Did you do your research to see if similar keywords are being used, rtds, potential buyers etc.
Honestly i dont know the tools to use, im very new to all this. I have made the purchase now, but is there any good tols you can reccomend

•••
Honestly i dont know the tools to use, im very new to all this. I have made the purchase now, but is there any good tols you can reccomend

One good tool is to read the namepross blog post on the kind of names that sales.

Read post for beginners, don't just rush through it take your time. Once you're done you can register a good name. Though you'll still make mistakes but you'll continue to improve.

Then on the ED filter, you'd see the column for RTDs, use that to check for related domains using same keyword.

Use Google to see how such keyword is being used in the web.

Regards

•••
I'm sorry to say, I don't see any value in it.

•••
One good tool is to read the namepross blog post on the kind of names that sales.

Read post for beginners, don't just rush through it take your time. Once you're done you can register a good name. Though you'll still make mistakes but you'll continue to improve.

Then on the ED filter, you'd see the column for RTDs, use that to check for related domains using same keyword.

Regards
Okay, i have a domain called freepoxy.com, i know its a mis spell but has 10k-100k monthly searches, and decent top of page bids.

•••
I'm sorry to say, I don't see any value in it.
Okay, what about freepoxy.com, itsa misspell but has many searhces

•••
So i have just claimed the domain, cryptomoonpicks.com, i found it on expired domains it was dropped yesterday. Am i right in thinking this is a great domain name to own ?

Could someone let me know if i am correct in thinking this ?
As an expired domain, more than likely the previous owner wasn't able to sell it. That might be a hint....

•••

Regards

Please, is it RTDs or RDTs? Thanks for sharing!

•••
Both domains have no value IMO. I'd suggest keeping reading this forum and you'll learn to recognize valuable domains.

•••
Some things to avoid:
-Typos
-Plurals
-3 Words

Not all plurals or 3 words are bad, but if you are new you should avoid.

Focus on quality 2 word domains, and single word non-com extensions.

For instance, these names would be good:

CryptoPicks.com
MoonPicks.com
CryptoMoon.com

Tools I like to use:

DotDB.com - Check how many extensions are registered
Godaddy Appraisal - Anything over $2000 is worth considering
Namebio.com - Check sales for keywords and extensions
Trademark247.com - Check for trademarks

Check out Domain Sherpa on YouTube and watch all the episodes. They do Portfolio reviews on the older episodes, it is good to learn what is worth investing in.

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
Unfortunately, both of these domains are probably going to be very hard to sell.
I would suggest that you refrain from buying more domains just yet as you're likely going to waste more money. Instead spend the next couple of weeks or so browsing the forum, reading up about domaining and asking questions. Then decide on your starting budget for domaining and flesh out a plan for investing the money.
When I started out, I never took the time to research names or even read up about domaining, as a result I registered quite a few domains that I thought were cool but that actually had little to no value.
You can check Namebio for the latest domain name sales.
Be patient and good luck!

•••
CryptoMoon and CryptoPicks would be great ones, but 3 words combined make not much sense...
FreePoxy also a bad idea, typos are only valuable when 1 word, or in very rare cases - two , but of an extremely popular niche...

•••
Unfortunately, both of these domains are probably going to be very hard to sell.
I would suggest that you refrain from buying more domains just yet as you're likely going to waste more money
Your frank advice to this newbie is greatly appreciated.
It is very easy for someone to get sucked into spending even a few bucks on a bunch of low-cost, new 1st year registrations, drops, or expired domains. The costs will add up, and the point is that it is money that is lost on other potentially better purchases.
Keep in mind that also there are expenses with selling the domains. Someone might think that they can buy a domain for the $1 special, and then sell it for $2 for 100% profit. That may have worked before when a transfer service, like PayPal was more permissive of the Friends and Family option (no cost money transfer). Paypal seems to be more aggressively enforcing the business funds transfer requirement for sales. So, potential profits could be significantly impacted. In other words, trying to build a portfolio based on the notion that at least you'd probably be able to sell the domains for a few bucks more. Granted, there may be other transfer options that could be substituted, but they may be less secure.
Kudos to everyone on this thread, providing the support and insights to help this "newbie" steer himself in the right direction.

•••
Honestly its not a great domain name, but if you purchased it for $1 then its a great catch mate.

•••
Honestly its not a great domain name, but if you purchased it for $1 then its a great catch mate.
And it very well may be at that price. But, keep in mind, if it isn't able to sell, it doesn't matter whether it was $1 or more than that. During the meantime, if it simply takes up space on your domain listing page, along with other low cost domains that have very limited appeal, you'll be detracting potentially from the ones that matter more.
As an example, when I first started listing my domains on the various aftermarket settings, I noticed a slew of listings very unexciting and often unpronounceable domains. It really not only turned me off from the overall domaining scenario, it specifically made me very uninterested in checking out any other listings for the individuals posting them.
Who knows? Your choice may turn out to be a gem, but is there more of a likelihood that it might not be helpful? I've made the mistake of being enticed into the "sales" of low cost "x extension" domains, buying some that I now regret. For myself, I've learned to avoid the temptation.

•••
Here is what likely happened it had backlinks when was dropped by hand reg picked up by huge and used up till that dropped off so dropped and now you. If huge then was a drop from elsewhere. Or some old PR that never made sense.

Last edited:
•••
•••
the value would be the links from previous owner

but a run at Majestic give
TRUST FLOW = 0
CITATION FLOW = 4
REFERRING DOMAINS = 29
EXTERNAL INBOUND LINKS = 83

which is almost ZERO
so i dont see any value

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back