Domain Empire

Did GoDaddy Sell these guys out?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
bafoon said:
GoDaddy once dos attacked my friends server for not selling one of his domains to them. they are evil!

Wow, not to doubt you but what evidence of this did he have? If it's true that is horrible!

•••
-db- said:
I don't know what involvement (if any) GoDaddy had, but if selling out means putting a stop to criminals that are illegally copying and distributing other people's copyrighted original work, then by all means, I hope they did "sell out", and I hope more registrars, hosting providers and ISP's "sell out".

Thats why we have law enforcement. Those other entities you mentioned shouldn't get involved.

•••
According to the whois data the name is now owned by the FBI. I wonder if they could bust themselves for any of the ongoing DHT torrents that used to be hosted at elite torrents?

I also particularly like that the Department of Homeland Security is quoted in the article. Good to know these guys are doing their job. Perhaps the terror alert level can now be lowered to mauve because an evil torrent site has been shut down by the people who are supposed to be protecting us from death by anthrax!

•••
BLazeD said:
Thats why we have law enforcement. Those other entities you mentioned shouldn't get involved.
I disagree. There are times when it's necessary for companies and individual citizens to be involved. It is only with the cooperation of others that law enforcement can do it's job to the fullest.

That goes from petty theft, to murder. All types of crimes. Getting involved is a 'good' thing.

•••
•••
I love how all these peopel complain when a person is arrested or shut down for downloading or offering paid programs for free. One has to wonder if they spent hours making somethign would they liek it if people didnt pay?

Would they call the cops if someone stole their new car and took it for a joy ride?

•••
Most of the people who pirate wharez aren't old enough to drive :)

•••
Ok what if I walked into their room and borrowed their Xbox or Playstatsion? :P

•••

Popular this week

• The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back