Dynadot

Did GoDaddy Deactivate Live Chat?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have been meaning to know why the live chat does not come on when you visit the page that houses it or could it be a fault from browser? I have asked a few friends and they have expressed their sentiments with shock.

Please can anyone here let me know if they are experiencing same issue because fo the past few days to weeks, I have not been able to use the live chat.

Last time, I had to use the phone to rectify a problem before it could be resolved.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I haven't investigated this. But if it's true. It leaves GoDaddy without any support avenues. So I would expect it to be untrue.

But livechat is such a PITA both on GoDaddy Auctions and in their Control Panel, I would be extremely happy if they were addressing this problem.

•••
I haven't investigated this. But if it's true. It leaves GoDaddy without any support avenues. So I would expect it to be untrue.

But livechat is such a PITA both on GoDaddy Auctions and in their Control Panel, I would be extremely happy if they were addressing this problem.
I had to make a call yesterday to resolve another issue. It is very expensive for me to make an international call without costing the moon and I had to endure.

Live chat works well for me and i don't know why it has become a problem. It does not come on when you try to use it. So, I will appreciate someone mention any Godaddy's rep around here.

•••
I live in Canada and Live Chat is sometimes available, sometimes not. I asked the last Live Chat agent I spoke to why it sometimes disappeared. They replied that when it's really busy they de-activate it so they don't have to deal with new calls!

•••
I live in Canada and Live Chat is sometimes available, sometimes not. I asked the last Live Chat agent I spoke to why it sometimes disappeared. They replied that when it's really busy they de-activate it so they don't have to deal with new calls!
That is nonsense. Godaddy should employ more hands to handle it after all, the say "We're the world's leading domain registrar" and should not be caught unavailable.

•••

If this is true or not, is uncertain. But any employee telling that to a customer, should be fired. @Joe Styler

•••
If this is true or not, is uncertain. But any employee telling that to a customer, should be fired. @Joe Styler
I feel it is true or how else do you explain the non availability of the live chat? I mean it is ridiculous to say the least!

•••
To @stub, @jideofor : To provide more information on my earlier post... About a year ago (although it could be 18 months), I kept not being able to find the Live Chat link on GoDaddy. I checked using different browsers in case it was a browser issue, but the link just wasn't there.

I called the GD phone number and did manage to get my issue sorted out that way. I asked about Live Chat and why I couldn't find it. It was at that time I was told that sometimes (in some markets) Live Chat would be disabled for a while to help cope with the flow of support requests, and that phone support was always available. I relayed this in this thread to suggest to the OP that maybe this is what they are experiencing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back