IT.COM

Where is GoDaddy Live Chat?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have previously used GoDaddy Live Chat, and it was better than having to stay on the phone for ages. But now I can't find the Live Chat option on GD. Have I missed something or have GD now cancelled Live Chat??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They did not cancel it. Their chat live is not 24 hours a day. If scroll down to the end of the page of the link below, you will see this note "Chat agents are currently unavailable, please call"

https://www.godaddy.com/help

I am not sure about their working hours.

•••
If scroll down to the end of the page of the link below, you will see this note "Chat agents are currently unavailable, please call"

Thanks, but I don't see this note on my screen. I can't see anything about a Chat line online or offline, and wonder if it's because I'm in Canada? Maybe the Chat is now for US customers only? The only option I am given is to phone their "award winning" (who gives these awards?) customer service.

•••
The damn chatbox pops up every time I visit the site. If you go there and scroll around a bit it should pop up.

Otherwise find the Help or Contact icon.

I don't know if it's country specific but that's possible.

•••
Thanks, but I don't see this note on my screen. I can't see anything about a Chat line online or offline, and wonder if it's because I'm in Canada? Maybe the Chat is now for US customers only? The only option I am given is to phone their "award winning" (who gives these awards?) customer service.

I am not really sure. I am in the US and when I scroll down, I get that note. Here is a screenshot of the page.

screenshot.png

•••
they only offer webchat support for "certain products" and domains are not one of them... which is weird because i dont think godaddy is making most of there money off of hosting

•••
the chat seems to be country specific. In my country (Germany) the chat is not aviable . Maybe the same for Canada .

•••
I am transferring every domain out of GD as renewals come. I constantly have problems with them and hosting.

•••
Here is a screenshot of the page.

Thanks so much for doing this. However, I can't get that page (from Canada) so it sounds like GD Chat is only available (sometimes) in the US. It's just that it's so depressing going through phone support. Most of the GD reps seem very sweet and trying to be helpful, but ultimately clueless unless it's something really basic. "Oh, we don't know anything about GoDaddy Auctions" was one response, and "Afternic? I haven't heard of them" was another… 'Nuff said...

•••
Could be a bug issue. I am in the UK and normally the chat widget pops up soon as you are on the site but nothing so far for 20 minutes.

•••
I just realized I accidentally forwarded my domain to itself, but removed the forward and still getting error. Do you guys think GD can help me fix this?

I am transferring every domain out of GD as renewals come. I constantly have problems with them and hosting.

•••
Could be a bug issue. I am in the UK and normally the chat widget pops up soon as you are on the site but nothing so far for 20 minutes.

I can no longer access it in the UK.

Well without that Godaddy becomes terribly insecure - there is no paper trail. No email support, no chat, no ticket system... ring up and report a problem, ring again, ring again... no proof that you ever reported the problem let alone what they said they would do about it. Dangerous.

Interesting that tney now require deaf customers to communicate with them by telephone only.

•••
So its obviously a global issue then not country specific. Too many bugs with the website recently. May be they dont do enough re - testing after adding or changing functions to the website. Robust regression testing makes sure everything that was working fine before a change is still OK after.

Yes, chat support is the best way to resolve most issues.

•••
The chat is unavailable for me for few days already. Anyone knows another way to contact their support? Other than phone.

•••
I have previously used GoDaddy Live Chat, and it was better than having to stay on the phone for ages. But now I can't find the Live Chat option on GD. Have I missed something or have GD now cancelled Live Chat??
They claim to be open 8am to 9 pm, but I checked 5 times a day for 5 days during thise hours without it being available...I am in Thailand, cannot wait on que for 45 minutes then 20 min on phone at $2/ minute.
I feel failed....then they gave me very bum advice that cost $550, trying to get my $ back and cancel transaction...IF I can reach them.
Next survey they ask, they get 2 stars...have always, 6 years, given them 5 stars...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back