NameSilo

Did Backorderzone catch great domains before?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I see they are putting up for sale 42 registrars, and some hosted servers.

The license + Infrasctucture cost annually is north of $320K. Assuming they have at least 3 Head Counts working, that makes it a total of 470K assuming a $50K annual salary.
That makes their daily cost around $1.3K, did they actually make that much in gross profit daily?

anyone knows whats the best domains they caught in the past year for example?
I know they might be making a lot of money around individual backorders that dont hit the auction, but these arent the real profitable ones! The real profit comes out of domains that hit auctions, coz every bid is pure profit booked!
Phneenix got a couple of domains that hit the 5 Figures last year, and they are partnering with registrars not only utilizing their own, which makes it a good profitable business in my perspective.

Would be great to know opinions of all people here!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"I know they might be making a lot of money around individual backorders that dont hit the auction, but these arent the real profitable ones!"

Depends how many of those they catch daily, it could be very profitable.

•••
Bump to this question, would like to hear more opinions on this.

•••
You can see the names they catch here:

backorderzone.com/auctions/#auctions

I would expect much better results from having 42 registrars. Of the names listed under auction today - CloudGround.com, GOOGLEPLA.COM, and WZSJW.COM - only 1 is good - and really none of these names are competitive at all.

I don't know if the problem is that nobody backorders with them, or that they just are not good at catching names.

•••
Thats what I was thinking as well. I think it all boild down to how many backorders they are getting that end up NOT being auctioned. If they dont have like a 100/day, then its a 100% losing business!

•••
They were catching decent names for a couple of years. I think they just stop putting much effort into it which is the opposite required to stay competitive.

•••
I dont think it needs efforts. Its how many registrars are trying to catch a name, no human bneing needs to be there!

•••
I dont think it needs efforts. Its how many registrars are trying to catch a name, no human bneing needs to be there!

The effort is needed before the drop, like football, the game is really played the other 6 days of the week.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back