IT.COM

discuss DewyLips.com My First ever Purchase in Domaining

NameSilo
Watch

Ayyan Malik

Established Member
Impact
I am a beginner in this domaining field. But i don't know why I purchased this domain DewyLips.com.... But my Heart supports me to buy. Let me know guys,
what have I done?
Give me support or suggestion for this domain. THanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello new domainer!

I can see your thinking behind registering this domain name. Dewy Lips means 'wet look' on the lips. The problem is that "dewy skin" is the more commonplace term for this makeup trend, this is reflective with the search volume of 'dewy skin' being far higher.

The domain name itself is just OK, but it is a really good first try from you at hand registering. 99% better than what most domainers register for their first domain. I actually think this could have some possible value, as a brand of lipstick or such. So if I was a company in the makeup niche, looking for a brandable name to promote a new wet looking lipstick, I would choose something like Dewy Lips. I can think of similarly named products, such as 'baby lips' from Maybelline.

This is what I call an 'end user only domain'. It has no liquidity. You won't be reselling this to other domainers.

A couple of articles I found:

http://www.get-the-look.ca/article/makeup-trend-how-to-achieve-perfect-dewy-lips_a9509/1
https://www.skincare.com/article/7-liquid-lipsticks-for-a-dewy-pout

If this trend was to gain some traction you may have something that is more marketable. At this moment in time it is the sort of domain where you will take any half decent offer you can get.

Domains like this can be frustrating. They read well. Spell well. Are actually memorable. But there are no obvious buyers as of yet.

I wish you good luck in domaining and keep thinking real hard before registering and buying more domains. Really evaluate the possible commercial uses.

If you're just starting out in domaining and building up a portfolio then you will want to try to buy some domains that have liquidity at first. When you have profits you can attempt to play around with trending domains like this more often.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
IMPORTANT
In addition to the above. There is nothing wrong with having domains like this in your portfolio, every domainer has a percentage. But make sure to keep that percentage small enough, so other more marketable and sellable domains can cover the renewals. DO NOT fill the majority of your portfolio with domain names like this, or else you highly risk suffering financial losses.

•••
Thank you so much @Dave. You gave me a path to a right direction. I will really work hard in future. It came later in my mind that Dewy SKIN is more important than Dewy lips. Anyway, I will try my best to research enough before purchasing. thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back