IT.COM

opinion Develop a Revenue Generating Parked Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WebInvestments

Established Member
Impact
So I was thinking about it since last month, and today I would appreciate to know what you guys think about it.

I have this domain parked at Bodis that has earned over $9 since May this year. Not a big amount though but the good thing I have noticed is that the 'Revenue' I get is always over $1/click (average).

So here's what I was thinking: Would it be better to develop this domain into a website? OR should I leave it as is?

Personally I think the domain can do better if developed. Being in the web design field, I can handle the design and basic SEO aspect, so it's not a big deal for me to go with this idea.

I checked that the domain was previously registered and was an active website until deleted.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How much traffic is it generating parked and when was it deleted?

•••
I say you develop it. Put some relevant content and adsense and see how it goes. It is alrewdy getting traffic so it will continue to grow.

Adsense and some affliate links plus atleast 10/unque articles and daily rss feed from one of the sites related to the domain's niche should.be enough to make a change or at worse keep current earnings.

Parking companies always take the mosy momey anf you lose if you have a great domain that is getting traffic.

That is my opinion :)

•••
How much traffic is it generating parked and when was it deleted?

It was deleted this year in January and from the data of Bodis, just over 40 visits so far.

I say you develop it. Put some relevant content and adsense and see how it goes. It is alrewdy getting traffic so it will continue to grow.

Adsense and some affliate links plus atleast 10/unque articles and daily rss feed from one of the sites related to the domain's niche should.be enough to make a change or at worse keep current earnings.

Parking companies always take the mosy momey anf you lose if you have a great domain that is getting traffic.

Yeah, I was also thinking of using Adsense when the site gets indexed and starts receiving some organic traffic from Google. However, the genre of the domain is like a 'listing/local site', means it can be used as a directory or a local listing site, so the potential is there what I can think of, let's see what other members here have to share.

•••
Greetings,

Since I placed my undeveloped domains into a modified parking script I haven't made a fortune, but more than several years of parking plaforms combined.

Maybe the names aren't for everbody... but still I don't have to share with anyone but ggl.

I still have some tweaks on the script but right now 100+ in the script, with content on autopilot awaiting development or leases/sales. Once I complete the script mods I will be selling advertising within the platform.

Good luck.

Regards,

WPM

•••

I've applied a very similar approach with BettingOdds.online, launched it first week of Sept., around the 6th I believe (one of many side projects keep me busy and on my toes outside of the 9-to-5 :) To summarize what I've done, and please note it is so far from where I'd like it to be, I envision user reviews and ratings and star ratings in SERPs and other awesomeness, but at the moment I've:

• Launched on hand registered gTLD (.online)
  • WordPress, Dynamic News Lite theme (free)
  • Custom child theme for some CSS and theme updates as needed
  • A few pages with evergreen embedded odds scripts for a few major sports
  • RSS feeds with odds / sports betting feeds
  • Unique articles (2x weekly covering English Premier League fantasy soccer tips as a source of unique content, which is what drives high % of traffic
  • WT shows 63 links from 5 domains, including google and reddit
  • Probably forgetting things but hopefully enough to be helpful
*Please Note: Commenting on relevant stories from high traffic / authority sites like NYT and similar is not all about not necessarily linkbuildling. Benefits go beyond traditional referrals via actual hyperlinks; ancillary benefits can include 'free impressions' so to speak, depending upon how you craft your comment and the options available (comment username - hyperlinked or not; for brand awareness and benefits of building reputation in niche / your own authority.) Pro tip: Configure Google News notifications for relevant keywords or phrases, but remember to be selective and add value to get value.

Accumulating backlinks from irrelevant, poor quality or even high authority sites could potentially cause problems. Don't spam other people's good unique content for your own benefit unless it's ancillary to the value you're adding by commenting, and you'll be in good shape. Always use proper or reasonably appropriate grammar and don't submit typos. If you consider this as one cog in your SEO / traffic generation wheel, it can offer benefits (only my opinion, of course, please take it with that in mind B-))

Edit: Daily traffic is only double digits, so effectively I suppose I'm illustrating efficacy of fresh content having your basics proper, with a dash of basic SEO (as natural and organic as you can muster).
1hBPXJd.png

Last edited:
•••
@Jeeps nice site there.

I agree with your comments. I am also a believer of developing unique sites, even though every site takes time and resources, but in the end, they have the potential and added possibility to bring back some good results in terms of ROI.

My domain in question is related to/can be used as a business listing site but it has a limited scope as for attracting clients. Not that it concerns me because my priority is to develop a site and see domain's actual potential. Development, bringing traffic and monetization are my plans for now.

Makes sense; right?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back