Dynadot

DesktopCatcher software

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Paul123

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone.

Just interested to hear if anyone has had any experience of software you can buy for drop catching. With drop catchers all allowing multiple back orders and then going to auction, it makes sense to buy the software if it works ? The cost is around $200 which is a good investment if it catches a few good domains. Maybe it's worth buying a few different software packages to stand a better chance of catching a good domain ?

Any thoughts please ?

Best,
Paul

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think that in your quote Zsolt is talking about autobackorder.com and not about cloud version of desktopcatcher.com,i think that what is he trying to say is that since autobackorder.com is accredited registrar with some cctlds like .bz , .pw , .nl etc,he can send calls directly to registry,he doesnt use APIs for those cctlds so he can beat desktop softwares with autobackorder.com,if you have desktopcatcher software you can also register with autobackorder.com and take a look how it works
By cloud version I mean the website autobackorder.com itself. I registered and have been trying since but I find their performance equally poor. I mean it can only reg domains which no one went after. That is what DC desktop version does anyway. You are right about the couple of other extensions they may directly send the query for but they are pretty obscure and I am not sure if they are any good for flipping.

•••
Hi everyone.

Just interested to hear if anyone has had any experience with software you can buy for drop catching. With drop catchers all allowing multiple backorders and then going to auction, it makes sense to buy the software if it works? The cost is around $200 which is a good investment if it catches a few good domains. Maybe it's worth buying a few different software packages to stand a better chance of catching a good domain?

Any thoughts, please?

Best,
Paul
I recently started to use desktop checker software. I bought it at a discount and I found it very helpful to use.

•••
That moment you ask yourself, if I created a money making tool, why do I need to get subscribers to use it so I can make money ..

•••
That moment you ask yourself, if I created a money making tool, why do I need to get subscribers to use it so I can make money ..

The thing is that we are not the original creator of DesktopCatcher, it was built by @FPForum. We were users of the software and loved it - this is why we bought it and also we want to take it to the next level.

The next level means to build an API that can compete (in some extent) against dropcatching services. We just got ICANN accredited yesterday and start building an exclusive API for DesktopCatcher (and AutoBackorder). Once finished and added to Desktopcatcher, it will drastically improve the catch rate (for the implemented TLDs).

•••
The thing is that we are not the original creator of DesktopCatcher, it was built by @FPForum. We were users of the software and loved it - this is why we bought it and also we want to take it to the next level.

The next level means to build an API that can compete (in some extent) against dropcatching services. We just got ICANN accredited yesterday and start building an exclusive API for DesktopCatcher (and AutoBackorder). Once finished and added to Desktopcatcher, it will drastically improve the catch rate (for the implemented TLDs).

Good to hear. What sort of timeframe are you looking at?

•••
So 4 years ago I posted that this software stands no chance in catching a domain that a registrar is after but it could be good to catch things that others might be trying to catch using some api from dyna, ns etc. I was attacked 4 years ago for saying this.

Just curious if anyone in the past 4 years has any proof (what I asked then) that a known name that registrars where after got caught by this? Its a rhetorical question, I just like how people attacked me back then and nobody did the right thing to do and stand up and speak some truth on this matter.

Whoever is the new owner, I urge you to not engage in deception, the software has its place, but the prior owner made posts that were very misleading in my opinion.

PS on any given day there are 10+ names many people are after (you can see it from the NJ list etc). Not once is it caught by some random guy. Its mostly DC/SN maybe some other registrar (rare) but never by someone we don't recognize.

Last edited:
•••
Good to hear. What sort of timeframe are you looking at?

We will start with a smaller set of extensions to test everything, I hope we can do this in 2 months.

•••
So 4 years ago I posted that this software stands no chance in catching a domain that a registrar is after but it could be good to catch things that others might be trying to catch using some api from dyna, ns etc. I was attacked 4 years ago for saying this.

Just curious if anyone in the past 4 years has any proof (what I asked then) that a known name that registrars where after got caught by this? Its a rhetorical question, I just like how people attacked me back then and nobody did the right thing to do and stand up and speak some truth on this matter.

Whoever is the new owner, I urge you to not engage in deception, the software has its place, but the prior owner made posts that were very misleading in my opinion.

PS on any given day there are 10+ names many people are after (you can see it from the NJ list etc). Not once is it caught by some random guy. Its mostly DC/SN maybe some other registrar (rare) but never by someone we don't recognize.

Yes, the software is basically for beating handcatchers and API users (at least at the moment), it is absolutely a valid opinion. So if I were here that time, I would defend your standpoint. Thus, most of the successful users use it for non-com domains, where backorders can be much more expensive than the reg fee or there is no backorder service at all.

Although sometimes we got emails that the domain was ordered on Namejet, Park.io etc and it was caught by DesktopCatcher, it is a rare and unexpected situation. This will change somewhat in the future with our API designed for DesktopCatcher.

•••
Is this software still working?

•••
•••
@SergioM Yeah, it's on v9.9.6 for the desktop version. dynadot API is too slow for me to catch anything, though.

@Zsolt Bikadi Please look at adding porkbun.com as a registrar option. Their API is still in beta.

•••
@SergioM Yeah, it's on v9.9.6 for the desktop version. dynadot API is too slow for me to catch anything, though.

@Zsolt Bikadi Please look at adding porkbun.com as a registrar option. Their API is still in beta.

So we can I download?

Thank you.

•••
•••
We contacted Porkbun earlier but they do not plan to open their API for dropcatchers.

As for the development of our own API. We are working on Verisign dropcatching code but it is so extremely difficult to beat DropCatch/Namejet for even the lowest quality domain that we are a bit stuck. We can beat registrar APIs but we are sure that our users would be only happy if we could beat DropCatch sometimes. We target 1% success rate against the big ones to publish our API in DesktopCatcher but not reached this level yet.

•••
hello
any promos now?
how to use it?
wich API reg best to use it?
(dynadot/porkbun/sav/epic or namesilo)
thanks

•••
hello, please check our website for detailed info. We support Dynadot and Namesilo on this list. There are no promos at the moment.

•••
Any promos available ? Your software works with openprovider api ?

Last edited:
•••
When filtering names, can I upload a list of my keywords to search for? Or can I type in the "keyword" bar my various keywords separated by a comma?

•••
Does anybody have the download link of the newest version? Can't find it anywhere on the website, old links don't work, and no reply from them. Thank you.

•••
A great updates and support before the sales of this software. Now it's abandonned.

•••
A great updates and support before the sales of this software. Now it's abandonned.
WTF? Abandoned? It's not very old.
There was a login section before which is gone. There were download links before which are gone. And support has gone too, obviously. Very nice.. I wouldn't be too surprised if it appears on another website again. Sigh.

What's the last version? I have 9.9.6

•••
WTF? Abandoned? It's not very old.
There was a login section before which is gone. There were download links before which are gone. And support has gone too, obviously. Very nice.. I wouldn't be too surprised if it appears on another website again. Sigh.

What's the last version? I have 9.9.6
Hey.
Did it work for you?
were you able to catch something?

•••
Hello everybody.
What is more powerful Desktopcatcher or SAV backorder?

•••
Hey.
Did it work for you?
were you able to catch something?
I used it some time ago and it worked. But don't expect to catch 3L or 4L with this. And now I wanted to use it again and check if there is a new version - and see an abandoned website where the founder tried to change everything into a SaaS and removed our logins and download links.

•••
I used it some time ago and it worked. But don't expect to catch 3L or 4L with this. And now I wanted to use it again and check if there is a new version - and see an abandoned website where the founder tried to change everything into a SaaS and removed our logins and download links.
Ok
In fact i want it just for some average names and i don't wanna use sav backorder and go in auction. it happens even with average names
Is it still useful?
I wrote to the support and they didn't answer me
I saw that the domain drop list is accurate so it's not a phantom website. do you agree?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back