IT.COM

.DESI Name sold for $5000

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
#Domains #India #Desi

The .desi Registry has recently sold a premium domain name called Explorers.desi to Marinating films for $5000.

Co-founded by two brothers, Ravin and Sid Ohri, .desi is a brand new domain focussing on Indians worldwide and aims to bring together the desi population via a common extension.

According to Marinating films, which already has high value properties like Box Cricket League and Television Style Awards, reason to choose a .desi domain name was the Indian appeal it had. Since their new property desi explorers is a celebrity show which showcases different celebrities, with different interests such as food, shopping, partying, nature etc, .desi seemed to be flaunting desi quotient in the world.

Source: http://domainshane.com/dsad-com-domain-shanes-daily-list-domains-auction-saturday-may-21st/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Woooah...thanks for sharing. Gonna have to keep an eye on the .desi TLD. I'm not going to jump in and invest on any purchases just yet but will definitely be watching it.

•••
Yes I just noticed stuff like business dot desi being offered for $25k and geeks dot desi for $1800 I was wondering, wth? seemed to me like a relatively worthless suffix when I first heard of it back then.

So, over the last year and a half since this thread started, has this desi stuff actually gone somewhere?

Last edited:
•••
Yes I just noticed stuff like business dot desi being offered for $25k and geeks dot desi for $1800 I was wondering, wth? seemed to me like a worthless suffix.

So, over the last year and a half since this thread started, has this desi stuff actually gone somewhere?

no

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back