IT.COM

news Demand Media sold Cracked.com for $39 million dollars

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Online content media company, Demand Media, has reportedly sold the web site Cracked.com to E.W. Scripps Co., a print and online publisher.
The all-cash sale of Cracked.com, a web site providing odd, trivia and other entertaining content, was for $39 million dollars.
Shares of Demand Media (DMD) closed up 11.83% on Wednesday.
Cracked had revenue in 2015 of approximately $11 million dollars and was profitable.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Cracked launched in 1958 as a humor magazine, eventually competing with MAD. It was purchased in 2007 by Demand Media, which focused on growing the website, turning it into “a digital comedy hub.”

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
makes one wonder how much the name alone woudl sell for

does not seem mind blowinlgly amazing.. far as 1word .com go..

•••
The sale is based on revenue and profit, not just the name.

They could have rebranded and still kept their profitability.

•••
yes I know.
my question was strictly what would be the value of the name alone. without profit site.

•••
Reseller $xxxx, end user high $xxxx to low $xxxxx.

•••
yes I know.
my question was strictly what would be the value of the name alone. without profit site.

Not much of course.

•••
•••
•••
Actually, it seems like verb+ed.com have good sale history with about 100 sales on $7K to $94K region, including gifted, censored, decoded, fixed, shipped, boxed, picked, hyped, financed, filed, financed, cured, elevated, lived, reported etc.

•••
It sold really less for a website that has top 1000 Alexa Rank. Viralnova solf for 100 miillion.

I'm pretty sure this is just a hidden number. There must be some other exchanges too like stocks or royalties or something.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back