Domain Empire

domain delete

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is no rule of thumb with automated appraisals. They don't really mean anything.

Brad

•••
There is no rule of thumb with automated appraisals. They don't really mean anything.

Brad

So domain investors taking the GoValue * .3 and making offers is completely new to you?
That's what people were doing last year.

•••
So domain investors taking the GoValue * .3 and making offers is completely new to you?
That's what people were doing last year.

Never heard of that. It would be silly IMO to apply some general multiplier to any automated appraisal, especially as a buyer.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Never heard of that. It would be silly IMO to apply some general multiplier to any automated appraisal, especially as a buyer.

Brad

Last year wholesalers took the GD GoValue number and then offered 25% - 30% of the GoValue.
It's a strategy Riz had success with for buying, and became popular within the communities he was active in.

I started looking around the forum here (it's bee a while) I see people looking for $7k - $10K+ GD appraisals, offering the same kind of percentage. So I guess this formula still is being applied within some circles.

Glad to hear from you Brad, hope all is well here in 2022!

Last edited:
•••
Last year wholesalers took the GD GoValue number and then offered 25% - 30% of the GoValue.
It's a strategy Riz had success with for buying, and became popular within the communities he was active in.

I started looking around the forum here (it's bee a while) I see people looking for $7k - $10K+ GD appraisals, offering the same kind of percentage. So I guess this formula still is being applied within some circles.

Glad to hear from you Brad, hope all is well here in 2022!

I guess some other people have more faith in automated appraisals than I do. :)

Brad

•••
As @bmugford pointed out, following appraisal systems isn't wise. However, what I will say is you will find more often than not that if a domain has a GD appraisal of $6k, $7k, $8k or more...chances are it isn't a bad domain. You lose faith in them when you type in any old nonsense like "flowers and cars dot com", valued at around $1k GD appraisal...that 25 to 30% simply doesn't apply. You have to use your head, outside of such systems. They will give value to just about anything

The domain is decent. There are some investors that you mentioned that may do a deal that is a percentage of the GD appraisal, but again that's their business. An "investor rate" for this domain would be much less (they'd sway against paying X,XXX). IMO

Last edited:
•••
The higher the appraisal the higher the value, but the exact dollar appraisal means very little as to the actual retail price. In general, I consider the automated appraisal a Wholesale estimate not a retail. So MyATM.com is worth about $7k wholesale, probably $50k retail.

•••
As @bmugford pointed out, following appraisal systems isn't wise. However, what I will say is you will find more often than not that if a domain has a GD appraisal of $6k, $7k, $8k or more...chances are it isn't a bad domain. You lose faith in them when you type in any old nonsense like "flowers and cars dot com", valued at around $1k GD appraisal...that 25 to 30% simply doesn't apply. You have to use your head, outside of such systems. They will give value to just about anything

The domain is decent. There are some investors that you mentioned that may do a deal that is a percentage of the GD appraisal, but again that's their business. An "investor rate" for this domain would be much less (they'd sway against paying X,XXX). IMO

People confuse using appraisal systems for end users vs wholesale.

For end-users appraisals do not matter, price them to the moon.

For resellers GoValue is a great way to get to the 'good names' without having to dyor on every single name. There are outliers, but typically GoValue is fairly accurate on what names have strong higher resale values.

After some research, and offers from NP members (thank you) , it looks like In 2022 Many wholesalers still follow the 30% rule if the name is over $4k GoValue. Cheers.

•••
•••

From what I've seen in the "Request Domains" section, it's more like 7% - 10% of GoValue. Rather pathetic.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back