Dynadot

Which company's dedicated server is the best?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
hello, currently i use hostgator's dedicated server.

memory: 2048mb
Processor: Dual Xeon 2.4
Monthly Price: $219

Currently i only placed 3 sites on the server, www.lenovosearch.com, www.upload.vc and www.xx4u.net

But the speed is quite low in the majority of time. Please help me test the speed.

Do you think which company's dedicated server is the best? Thanks a lot

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think it's the best. If you ask about it I guess you want to change it, don't you?

•••
I would recommend surpasshosting, I have a dedicated from them and its very good. Support is very fast, very reliable, and also all the plans are managed.

•••
I went through each link a few times and they loaded fast most of the time, but a couple of times there were some lags on the last two links. You don't mention what type of BW plan you have so it's hard to say if the server is really the problem. For instance, you could be on a shared port that is getting maxed out or a capped plan. I didn't take the time to look at their plans to see what it comes with. You should run a few trace routes as well and see if there is a problem along the route somewhere. Also, have you contacted their support about this as well to have them take a look?

Good luck.

•••
I would recommend lunarpages

•••
•••
•••
isnt softlayer.com suppose to be the best?

•••
only if you really want to over pay a lot for a server yea a key sign of a reseller is if they do not have any server for "budget" people. I do now know of any ddicated server provider who owns there own space like server4you.com or theplanet.com that doesnt offer any "cheap" server..

So if they don't have any "cheap" server there a reseller 9 out of 10 times.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back