Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

.de .de versus .de.com

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

SKG

Established Member
Impact
45
What is the difference? Is it bad to own .de.com? Are they worthless?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
worthless unless u own a premium keyword or a one character.
 
0
•••
de.com could be a sub doamin name? Worthless :P
 
0
•••
Yep .de.com is a private subdomain, I don't like subdomains personally.
Also you are at the mercy of the company which owns .com, no transfers possible.
If you are targetting the German market you will be fine with .de. German people prefer to use .de.
If you can get the .com version of your name then it would a be a definitive plus.
 
0
•••
me either subdomains just make the url look to big
 
0
•••
I agree .de.com is a waste of money.
 
0
•••
All xx.com are waste of money!
 
0
•••
0
•••
monRa said:
All xx.com are waste of money!

yeah..agreed.

Its too much to type
 
0
•••
damitssam said:
worthless unless u own a premium keyword or a one character.

Excuse me? You have obviously not been following the recent massive sales for the German extension.

.de.com is however, worthless. It is hardly used at all in Germany. As apposed to .uk.com which is widely used in the UK.
 
0
•••
Colin Behr said:
.de.com is however, worthless. It is hardly used at all in Germany. As apposed to .uk.com which is widely used in the UK.

Which is more used:

.uk
.co.uk
.uk.com ?

Thanks
 
0
•••
Colin Behr said:
Excuse me? You have obviously not been following the recent massive sales for the German extension.


I believe he was talking about .de.com

not just .de
 
0
•••
leviathon said:
Which is more used:

.uk
.co.uk
.uk.com ?

Thanks

.co.uk
 
0
•••
Yes that's what I thought so. Thanks for the answer :bah:
 
0
•••
leviathon said:
Yes that's what I thought so. Thanks for the answer :bah:

I think it is only the government that can use the .uk.

When it comes to the .uk.com I have not really seen it used.

the only time I saw it used, was when I typed:

  • site:UK.com on google

I would never register a .uk.com
 
0
•••
.de over a .de.com any day of the week.
.co.uk over .uk.com any day of the week.
.uk ... me wants you = available. me = happy then. ;)
-Allan :gl:
 
0
•••
I wouldn't touch .au.com

It'd be .com.au for me.
 
0
•••
SKG said:
What is the difference? Is it bad to own .de.com? Are they worthless?

LOL yes they are!
 
0
•••
.uk.com and .de.com are both worthless. Go for .co.uk and .de.
 
0
•••
domainprince said:
.uk.com and .de.com are both worthless.

That is your opinion, you have obviously not seen some of the higher sales for strong keywords.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back