Dynadot

information Dan’s Open Domain Distribution Network will integrate into the Afternic DLS Network.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Email from DAN below......

Hi there,

In December 2021, Dan released the Open Domain Distribution Network (ODDN). Upon the release of this network, many users requested integration into the Afternic DLS Network as well. We worked hard on optimizing the network and are delighted to announce that from the 10th of November, the ODDN will integrate into the Afternic DLS Network.

What does this mean for you?
All Dan users currently opted in for the ODDN will notice their inventory automatically integrate into the Afternic DLS Network. You are not required to set up an additional account to enjoy the benefits of this greater exposure.

If you are not opted in yet, you can still integrate! Simply head to your general settings > Integrations > List my domains on Dan.com & Afternic’s Distribution Network. This step will ensure that your entire portfolio gets more exposure through the advantage of the network.

Prefer to opt-in only part of your portfolio? This can be done in two different ways:

1. You can enable the network on individual domains by going to your My Domains section. Find the domain name that you want to opt into the network and scroll to the right. The table allocated to Afternic allows you to activate your listing with a mere click on the listing symbol.
  2. You can enable domain names in bulk by selecting all names involved in your My Domains section. Once selected, the bottom window will show a banner. Click on Distribute to activate your listings.
Please note that if you already have your domains listed on Afternic, then those listings will take precedence, and the Dan integration listing will be ignored by Afternic.

Lastly, no changes will take place with regard to the commission or processing of your sales because of this integration. The same team here at Dan will process any domain name sold for you, and the ODDN commission is still the same 20% flat fee.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My names still have the status "Processing". I had them listed through my Afternic account, but deleted them there. So I thought they would be added through Dan without problems.

Anyway, it seems that using Afternic is the best method after all.

Last edited:
•••
Anyway, it seems that using Afternic is the best method after all.

Yes, I agree. I've turned off integration and will continue to maintain both portfolios for a while. I've decided there is no reason to rush into it, I can always do it later after I see how it's working for everyone. And they will likely add features and fix problems.

Interestingly, I was opted into this integration by default. Was anyone else?

•••
•••
I don't like it.

I listed one .com domain at Afternic via DAN platform. The domain is "Active listing" on DAN interface, I can see it and the correct price at GoDaddy, Dynadot, etc, BUT:

I can't see the domain in my Afternic account (obviously). This means I cannot set a floor price or a minimum offer. If I search the name on Afternic, the minimum offer is the same as BIN.

Therefore, if I wanna list something at Afternic, I'll list from their site, and not from DAN.

•••
IMO
Put even 50% fee but SELL my domains
Not just words with this & that land DDO , DLS or what ever type of land/NS

•••
I am talking Dan on chat. I can still have separate pricing for Afternic and Dan. To do this, I would NOT opt in to the Afternic Distribution on Dan's Setting>Integrations page. I will still enjoy Afternic's distribution program because I have the name listed in Afternic as well. In other words, things continue to work as they have for me

The benefit of opting IN to the Afternic Distribution on Dan's Setting>Integrations page would be convenience of having one portfolio to maintain (I have a lot of names). And apparently there are fields to be able manage a separate price for Afternic sales. The downside they told me is that the Afternic pricing is only BIN (for now, they said). But for me, I do every name BIN.

But sometimes I wonder how much that 10% difference in pricing even matters. I still sell at least half my names through Afternic, even though keying the domain name into the browser address bar would show the buyer a lower price than at Afternic--yet they pay more anyway. Is it a high trust level? Is it that buyers are often idiots and don't even key the name into the address bar to see what comes up?
so the dan is not don , gd is real don
That sounds like they are forcing domain sellers to integrate both platforms in order to use both platforms.
Sounds like they don't want sellers to have a 20% commission on one and a 9% commission on the other.

That is why I feel like if you integrate them both then any offer that starts on Dan may come through the Afternic end and we are forced to pay 20% instead of 9%
I don't know that for a fact but it just feels like that is what could be happening.

Thoughts?
sorry i might have misplaced my comment , please pardon...

•••
I prefer to stay old school and disable Afternic integration at Dan!

If you have integrated domain listed on afternic it is NOT visible in your afternic portfolio!

I really hate afternic for one thing only!

Every 2nd domain I list there I see red error message and should contact support to remove an outdated listing and let me relist my new domain and should wait for few days!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back