Dan.com won't sell Covid Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bolo

Established Member
Impact
"Corona Virus related domains are prohibited from dan.com"

Anyone else know about this?

(Btw it's not anti vax or anything like that)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
It is banned on Sedo and DAN since 2020.
Use searchbox.

•••
I would not put any money into any domain or website that has the C or V word in them as they're being blacklisted by many services.

The internet is going to be like cable tv by 2030.

•••
Wish I'd have known before buying a few Covid domains is all.

•••
You can enlist those names on Epik.com or Uniregistry.com. I made the same mistake being unaware, thankfully managed to sell off the name at purchase price.

•••
Stupid decision for marketplaces as they are not part of anything.
They are just marketplace.
They need to do their own business only. Nothing else.

Last edited:
•••
The most confusing part to me was Covid and Corona Virus names being sold and reported at Namebio. For some days even Godaddy was enlisting Covid and Corona virus names being under expired auctions.

After a few days they accepted that it was a glitch from their side.

People who are unknown to such decisions, and glitches can make investment in Covid names.

Wish I'd have known before buying a few Covid domains is all.

You can also try Nameliquidate.

I would suggest you to sell them off at reseller price.
Some people are still interested in Covid/ CoronaVirus names.

•••
Stupid decision for marketplaces as they are not part of anything.
They are just marketplace.
They need to do their own business only. Nothing else.
As a business they have the right to set their own ToS - if people don't like it they can use another platform.......

•••
•••
•••
I do check how often the keyword was sold in the last few years on Namebio, and which platform the sale was happening.

If you will search for "covid" you can see sales were happening even on GoDaddy ( venue ). So I never thought this would be a banned word. And I bought a covid keyword domain from the auctions.

Anyways lets talk about the solutions now:

1. Enlist them on marketplaces like Epik and Uniregistry.
2. You can use Nameliquidate for such domains, its a reverse auction over there.
3. You can also use Flippa. But I personally never tried this option.
Note: Auction at Flippa is not free.

I would say not to expect a profit out of the names you have, $10-$50 would be a sweet spot to sell them off.

I bought covid/tax/.com at an expired auction for $32. Later realised these names aren't allowed at Market places. Enlisted at Epik for $49. And it got sold after 4 months

After taxes it was actually a no profit no loss deal.
But I learnt a lesson to stay away from covid/corona virus names.

•••
•••
I remember having this debate at the peak of the pandemic. Good times = P

Samer

I tried to warn a user (who I wont name here) not to register these domains because they will be blacklisted....but she didn't listen

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back