NameSilo

Dan.com Landers Now Available on Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NYJimbo

Domain Re-AnimatorTop Member
Impact
https://blog.afternic.com/dan-landers-afternic/

Afternic has unveiled a new landing page that may be familiar to customers of the GoDaddy-owned marketplace, Dan.com.

Sellers on Afternic will now have access to these high-performing landers from Dan.com, which offer a quick Buy It Now checkout experience with additional payment options for buyers.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DAN has cleanest BIN look; this is interesting; and big. I’d be the first willing to try them! Afternic NS5/NS6 are nice, but still not as nice-looking as DAN… Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
•••
There needs to be a mix of the two landers. I need the clean Dan look with the afternic(godaddy) support. Dan + Phone numbers on the screen & 24/7 support.

•••
It looks like the new Afternic Dan lander doesn't work if you type www. before the domain in your browser. It will redirect to a Dan page that says "Oops, this page doesn't exist".

•••
It looks like the new Afternic Dan lander doesn't work if you type www. before the domain in your browser. It will redirect to a Dan page that says "Oops, this page doesn't exist".
@Joe Styler should you be the contact for these errors ?

•••
Last edited:
•••
There needs to be a mix of the two landers. I need the clean Dan look with the afternic(godaddy) support. Dan + Phone numbers on the screen & 24/7 support.
Dan’s support is fantastic , at least from my experience.

•••
Dan’s support is fantastic , at least from my experience.
Except for the weekend, which is non-existent.
Must he a Europe thing, Sedo does this too.
We all deserve Saturday Sunday breaks : )

Last edited:
•••
Except for the weekend, which is non-existent.
Must he a Europe thing, Sedo does this too.
Suppose we all deserve Sat Sun breaks.
Yep , we Europeans disappear on weekends 😂

•••
Yep , we Europeans disappear on weekends 😂
Godaddy is an American company, so i hope GD change DAN with weekend hours; could be too much too soon.

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!” still an inconvenience lol; imagine forced to wait 48 hours when ordering Friday.

Last edited:
•••
Godaddy is an American company, so i was hoping GD would bring change to
DAN with weekend hours; could be too much too soon.

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!” still an inconvenience lol; imagine forced to wait 48 hours when ordering Friday.
I hope godaddy stays out of it
Always for my experience 😂

•••
Last edited:
•••
A good addition, but some questions:

1) It says you have to REMOVE your names from DAN in order for this to work ... but there are already so many issues with people adding names to DAN they don't own ... I'm worried they can hijack your landing page! The fake DAN listing would take precedence. It would have been better if you could leave the names in your DAN account with an "option" to let it defer to your Afternic settings instead.

2) What else is different with this method? Are there still buyer/seller Invoices ?

Thanks

•••
I'll take Afternic MLS sales but I've never pointed my names to Afternic as always a bug fest, they should just redirect Afternic to Dan and be done with it. For me it's Efty, Sedo or Dan as Afternic the only one that always causes me frustration in one way or another for many years now. Afternic is on multi-year beta mode, it might work, or not.

Last edited:
•••
"We are attempting to set the Dan.com Lander for this domain. Please make sure your domain is only listed on Afternic."

(emphasis mine)
Tried with one domain. It says the same thing even after I deleted the name on Dan and the lander change was successful. Not very assuring.

Anyway, I listed the name back on Dan. Why would I use a "Danish" lander, i.e. Dan lander without all the customization options, when I can just use the real thing? At least for now when GoDaddy hasn't killed the real thing yet...

•••
Why would I use a "Danish" lander, i.e. Dan lander without all the customization options, when I can just use the real thing?
This is my question as well.

•••
"We are attempting to set the Dan.com Lander for this domain. Please make sure your domain is only listed on Afternic."

(emphasis mine)
Tried with one domain. It says the same thing even after I deleted the name on Dan and the lander change was successful. Not very assuring.

Anyway, I listed the name back on Dan. Why would I use a "Danish" lander, i.e. Dan lander without all the customization options, when I can just use the real thing? At least for now when GoDaddy hasn't killed the real thing yet...
The only advantage to some sellers, I guess, is that their name will not appear on the buyer's invoice since the name is listed at Afternic - not Dan.

•••
In that first image of the blog post it says "GoDaddy ⎟ Powered by dan.com".
I saw the usual "dan.com ⎟ A GoDaddy Brand" when I tried.
I guess the first image is from the future?

Last edited:
•••
I've set up DAN LANDERS in AFTERNIC
👉 Please check: onelv.com
Personally, I feel great!
:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
I've set up DAN LANDERS in AFTERNIC
👉 Please check: onelv.com
Personally, I feel great!
:xf.smile:
Just checked your domain. It's not working because of the TLS warning.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I'm confused. Why go through Afternic for the Dan lander? Why not just use Dan?

•••
I'm confused. Why go through Afternic for the Dan lander? Why not just use Dan?
To have less selling options 😀
No api
No lto
No make offer
Only 1 template

Last edited:
•••
Just an UPDATE since I've been playing around with the DAN landers/integration more, here are my thoughts:

** Once you successfully setup the domain in your AFTERNIC account, the name can only be re-added to DAN with verification (which is good - so I don't think the hijacking thing I mentioned is an issue!). You can test it yourself by trying to add a domain to DAN after it's successfully integrated with DAN LANDERS in your Afternic account -- it shouldn't be added unless you verify again.

PROS of using DAN landers in your Afternic account:
- Managing all names under 1 marketplace account instead of 2
- Can use NS1/NS2 AFTERNIC nameservers for everything, don't have to bother changing nameservers when you decide to switch between landers
- There is no "about the seller" description on the lander page, not sure if that also means no invoices/extra transaction documents, but simpler sounds better to me anyway. Thats the way Afternic does it already.

CONS:
- No landing page customization yet
- No lease option yet

If you enable the DAN landers, make sure you review the "SALE LANDER" column in your Afternic account. If there is an issue (like someone else has the name listed on DAN already), the words "DAN LANDER" will be RED. If it's successful, the word "DAN LANDER" turned BLACK for me. After you fix the issue you can just toggle the sales lander option to initiate the synchronization again.

•••
I'd add fast transfer to the pros, but this implementation is still too beta for me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back