domains DAN.com experiencing continuous heavy DDoS attacks

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
DAN.com (an advertiser here at TheDomains) tweeted out they are experiencing a larger than normal DDOS attack. They are implementing additional measures to make sure they can deal with the problem. … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Hope this is not a trend. First Epik and now Dan!

•••
I think it isn't limited to domains including hosting providers.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Going to be a quiet internet for a while.

•••
At least they are keeping people informed, sign of a proper company.

•••
•••
Hope this is not a trend. First Epik and now Dan!
DDoS attacks are traditional on both for years...
Last Epik case is absolutely another, it is about their data leak or security holes.

Last edited:
•••
cannot reach dan.com @9:15am

•••
At least they are keeping people informed, sign of a proper company.

If DAN had been hacked you wouldn't know until they had dealt with the problem, unless they were hacked by criminal enterprise that enjoys publicity.

Last edited:
•••
If DAN had been hacked you wouldn't know until they had dealt with the problem, unless they were hacked by criminal enterprise that enjoys publicity.

I know why you are responding (ie your defence of Epik) and I don’t really want to get involved in the Epik breach, I’ve never had an account at Epik, so couldn’t care less about them.

But only thing I will say 1) Epik dismissed the breach even when it went public 2) they then played it down and 3) even though everyone knows shits hit the fan, Epik customers still haven’t really heard anything from the company in 3 weeks.

Dan have alerted the public about someone knocking on their door, people actually got in at Epik.

This is the only thing I’m going to say on that.

Last edited:
•••
I know why you are responding (ie your defence of Epik) and I don’t really want to get involved in the Epik breach, I’ve never had an account at Epik, so couldn’t care less about them.

But only thing I will say 1) Epik dismissed the breach even when it went public 2) they then played it down and 3) even though everyone knows shits hit the fan, Epik customers still haven’t really heard anything from the company in 3 weeks.

Dan have alerted the public about someone knocking on their door, people actually got in at Epik.

I'm not responding because of epik. It's the truth, companies do not talk about hacks / breaches until they have too. There is no reason to advertise a breach before you have to.

Epik is behaving like almost every other company has in similar circumstances. Like it or not.

Last edited:
•••
Didn’t Dan recently partner up with Epik or was going too work with them with something?

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••

It is very obvious you also made your initial comment to cast aspersions at Epik.

It was very obvious from the way you replied with this of course, because he didn't mention Epik but you did. How did you know that if you didn't have it in mind initially?

•••
It is very obvious you also made your initial comment to cast aspersions at Epik.

It was very obvious from the way you replied with this of course, because he didn't mention Epik but you did. How did you know that if you didn't have it in mind initially?

I wonder what part of my original post made him think of epik.

•••
Back