IT.COM

showcase Daily Domain Discoveries: share a photo of a domain you've encountered today.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Pusang Gala

NoyPi DomainerTop Member
Impact
I thought it would be fun to create this kind of thread. I would like to invite everyone to participate and embark on a captivating expedition into the world of web addresses.

Every day presents us with countless opportunities to stumble upon intriguing and thought-provoking domain names. Whether you're dashing off to work, running errands, or exploring new corners of the world, you're bound to encounter web addresses that tell unique stories about businesses, industries, and locations.

Here is a thread to showcase these digital gems and join a vibrant community of domain name aficionados! Share a snapshot of the domain name you've encountered today, along with its location and the type of industry it represents.

How to Participate:

1. Snap a photo of the domain name you encountered during your daily adventures.

2. Post it here along with the location and type of industry it corresponds to.

3. Engage in discussions, exchange insights, and unravel the stories behind each domain name.

Whether it's a charming bakery tucked away on a cozy street, a cutting-edge tech startup in a bustling metropolis, or a quaint boutique nestled in a scenic town, every domain name has a tale to tell.

Ready to share your latest domain encounter?

I'll start.

IMG_20230818_220136.jpg

Domain name: AgricoSales.com
Industry: Engineering, Equipment manufacturing, General construction.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
20230303_084819.jpg

All the following spotted around London. Some are self explanatory. I only really look for the new extensions just to see how they're being used. There are a surprising amount of them in use.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
20230428_070031.jpg

Hard to make out but the domain is sbs.house

•••
•••
•••
Whoaah, nice to see .AC extension for Air Conditioning service. Smart!
Yeah exactly what I thought (and why I got the pic). I always associated .AC with the idea of Air Con and to see it used as such was nice especially as it isn't a UK extension.

•••
The thing is those businesses do it due to low budget reasons or because the .com is taken by another business or available at a high price. I don't think there is a genuine, strong trend that would encourage investors to turn towards this type of extensions. Let's not forget the average business owner expects to pay $10 for a .com
In addition, many of these extensions have very high renewal fees and they won't sell as quickly as com - if they ever sell, most likely they won't.

P.s I do expect to receive downvoting from the XYZ bot gang lol

Last edited:
•••
The thing is they do it due to low budget reasons or because the .com is taken by another business or available at a high price. I don't think there is a genuine, strong trend that would encourage investors to turn towards this type of extensions. Let's not forget the average business owner expects to pay $10 for a .com
In addition, many of these extensions have very high renewal fees and they won't sell as quick as com - if they ever sell, most likely they won't.
Yes budget considerations might play a role, but I believe that using a domain extension like .ac can also be a strategic choice and can align with their business identity. Even if the .com isn't available or is costly, they could explore using prefixes or suffixes to maintain their desired keyword while getting an appropriate domain. It's all about striking a balance between branding and practicality.

•••
Damm @D Haynes those are some amazing snaps you collected!

It is good to see that the gTLDs are also being used by businesses :)

•••
Damm @D Haynes those are some amazing snaps you collected!

It is good to see that the gTLDs are also being used by businesses :)
Thanks. There are many more I don't get the chance to snap but it's good to see these names being used. I am in no way a NGTLD fan boy and would personally much rather a com but I like spotting them out there.

•••
The thing is those businesses do it due to low budget reasons or because the .com is taken by another business or available at a high price. I don't think there is a genuine, strong trend that would encourage investors to turn towards this type of extensions. Let's not forget the average business owner expects to pay $10 for a .com
In addition, many of these extensions have very high renewal fees and they won't sell as quickly as com - if they ever sell, most likely they won't.

I upvoted to counter the dumb anonymous down voting. I think you and @Pusang Gala are both spot on with your views. The determining factor is more often than not money. Striking the correct ballance between cost, brand credibility and future proofing is a very difficult juggling act.

•••
I upvoted to counter the dumb anonymous down voting. I think you and @Pusang Gala are both spot on with your views. The determining factor is more often than not money. Striking the correct ballance between cost, brand credibility and future proofing is a very difficult juggling act.
Please let us know and take a picture if you ever see any XYZ in the streets lol

•••
•••

Investors may not but end users are certainly being encouraged by their own wherewithal and most of these examples would look like crap in using the entire name with a dot-com ending. The average business owner expects their brand to be properly represented, investors expect common renewals rates.

I applaud these cases, they made a name their own.

•••
I can't remember it now, but I recently saw a .COM printed on the rear window of a vehicle that was remarkably long - around five words or 30 letters. It was for some sort of photography business.

•••
Screenshot_20230821_215608_Gallery.jpg

Very rare I see a NET here in London. This was one of two I saw today but can go months without seeing any.

Another thing I noticed today is that maybe 5 to 10 percent of all the names I see here are hyphenated which is a surprisingly high number.

•••
•••
Show attachment 244981

Very rare I see a NET here in London. This was one of two I saw today but can go months without seeing any.

Another thing I noticed today is that maybe 5 to 10 percent of all the names I see here are hyphenated which is a surprisingly high number.
Quite a few hyphenated indeed, pretty acceptable in Europe and UK, I would say some prefer the hyphenated version even if the non hyphenated is available at reg fee.

Last edited:
•••
Quite a few hyphenated indeed, pretty acceptable in Europe and UK, I would say some prefer the hyphenated version even if the non hyphenated is available at reg fee.
Yeah I have to say I'd never really noticed it. Incidently I've just seen the other NET again this morning...

20230822_061456.jpg

Both of these NETs would be quite pricey COMs.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back