Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DaaZ

CRM manager @ DaaZ.comUpgraded Member
Impact
DaaZ.com is a premium domain names marketplace owned by DaaZ Limited, London (UK).

Key vision of DaaZ.com is helping buyers and sellers to transact with each other in a trusted way.

DaaZ.com key focus is end user focused sales and we have been operational since August 2019 and we have made a quite good progress and supported few thousands buyers buying domains via DaaZ and also having around 800+ sellers offering their inventory for sale. We have registered buyer base of 4000+ buyers.

It may not be lot in terms of numbers, we are the youngest marketplace (without any registrar presence). We have made a good reputation and able to build the traction.

How we are different ?

We may not be too different at moment, we are sharing what we believe is our core offerings:
  • We have developed a platform which is having a very good buyers interface, specially helping wholesale or repeated buyers securing domain names.
  • We allow the listings for free, it's open for all sellers (aka domainers) and support 1400+ domain extensions
  • Sellers can run any time auctions. This feature help for regular cash-flow needed by the sellers. (Disclaimer: At present very few end users participate into these auctions, mostly domainers / resellers winning the names )
  • Lowest Success Fee: Our success fee is 8% (with chargeback protection included) is the lowest in the industry offered by any domain name marketplace.
  • We pay to the sellers via PayPal / Wire transfers. No PayPal withdrawal or pay-out fees, all fees covered by DaaZ with in 8% success fee (In short, no indirect fees)
  • We offer live chat support round the clock (Although we are not officially 24/7, we are offering near 24/7 support). We look after our buyers and sellers with great attention.
  • We love automation of the processes; however we do believe the human interaction with the buyers makes a lot of difference. So, we automated what we believe is required to automate and we kept those human interactions with the buyers or sellers where we believe is required to be in place
We are open to listening to our buyers and sellers and improve the platform every month. We are making two improvement releases a month to fix the product related issues and also bringing new features.

We believe our customers are our gods and we help them in all possible means we can. That's clearly reflecting in our customer reviews, we are proud to share we are a new market place however according to Trustpilot we have secured the highest customer trust among all domain name market places in 2020 with 4.9 trust rating : https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/daaz.com

What we believe we need to improve ?

We believe a platform will be never perfect and has to continue to listen to our customers and deliver a platform of their choice. So, we have a clear outlined process to receive the feedback and handle the product improvements effectively
  • We are relatively a young platform, so we have a lot of room to improve on number of features and catch-up, we are addressing the backlog with a lot of passion
  • We are aware that we need to bring the installment plan, rent to own features, also a powerful API to help the bulk sellers. We have clearly these features in our product road-map for 2021.
  • We have a lot more innovative ideas not attempted by any other marketplace, we are focusing to address the industry standard offerings first before moving on delivering these innovative ideas to help the domain investors / sellers
  • We also record every suggestion given by our buyers and sellers, we analyse the feedback, and all the appropriate feedback is getting added to backlog
  • Our road-map is ready for next 5 years and we will do everything possible to help to improve the standards of domain name marketplace
We love to listen to the NamePros community hence we are setting up this Official thread.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For Domain Sellers from the U.S. using your marketplace, do they generally use Wise or Paypal international to receive funds from a sale? Other venues?

•••
For Domain Sellers from the U.S. using your marketplace, do they generally use Wise or Paypal international to receive funds from a sale? Other venues?
We can pay using the below payout methods to US based domain sellers.

- Paypal
- Wise ( ACH transfers )
- Wire transfers ( from HSBC Bank )

Domain sellers can choose their payout option.

We will certainly introduce crypto payouts in 2024, no specific ETA at moment, but it will be very likely by June to July 2024.

Last edited:
•••
We can pay using the below payout methods to US based domain sellers.

- Paypal
- Wise ( ACH transfers )
- Wire transfers ( from HSBC Bank )

Domain sellers can choose their payout option.

We will certainly introduce crypto payouts in 2024, no specific ETA at moment, but it will be very likely by June to July 2024.
Please forgive me if this is a simplistic question, but for US customers, do they have to use Paypal International, and incur those additional fees, or is there a US Daaz Paypal account that avoids those additional charges?

Last edited:
•••
Please forgive me if this is a simplistic question, but for US customers, do they have to use Paypal International, and incur those additional fees, or is there a US Daaz Paypal account that avoids those additional charges?
to DaaZ UK PayPal account, yes there is a 3% extra amount for those processing via Paypal, this is applicable to all buyers ( Not specific to US alone ).

Last edited:
•••
I created a Daaz account over the weekend to faciliate a domainer to domainer sale. The process was smooth and easy with fast payouts! The Daaz Bot and communication process with Daaz as a middleman exceeded all expections!

Though IMO the auction side needs work.

My experience:

I saw Xofi.com at no reserve auction, with 15 hours remaining, I think there may have been a bid before me at $20, but my auction history doesn't reflect that.

1713296402735.png

At first I thought maybe Daaz was listing the name at no reserve risking a potential loss just to drive members to their auctions. If an auctionHouse has a stream of decent domains, that can raise buyer awareness.

Being this was my first Daaz experience, I didn't feel comfortable chasing the domain. I was more so curious on the Daaz auction process, and what policys are in place to prevent a buyer from getting screwed and what policys are in place to ensure the domain owner follows through. Placing a domain like Xofi.com at no reserve auction is a huge risk that requires domain buyers to be aware of such an auction (so my concern was winning the auction but the seller not honoring the deal).

The industry is in dire need of a nameLiquidate repalcement. But what nameLiquidate had going for them was:

(a) BUYER VERIFIED FUNDS: dutch style domain auctions have BINs, which requires a buyer to give the auctionHouse money before the auction is considered closed.

(b) SELLER OWNERSHIP VERIFICATION: If the domain was not owned at epik, sellers from other registrars would unlock and provide nameLiquidate the AUTH code to prove ownership. To ensure the auction price is honored, I think the best option is if Daaz could hold the domain in their registrar account while a domain is being auctioned. ie If somebody wants to auction a dynadot domain, then the seller should push the domain to daaz before the auction is allowed to start.

IMO the dutch auction format had the added benefit of preventing somebody creating a second daaz account to shill bid the auction up.

Aside from those concerns is preventing sheninigans. The domain (Xofi.com) I bid on was linked to a namePros thread full of sheninigans! ... looking like the seller may be using that domain as bait to hook domainers into possible scams.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/preventing-fraud-be-careful-of-this-scammer.1323696/

Last edited:
•••
I created a Daaz account over the weekend to faciliate a domainer to domainer sale. The process was smooth and easy with fast payouts! The Daaz Bot and communication process with Daaz as a middleman exceeded all expections!

Though IMO the auction side needs work.

My experience:

I saw Xofi.com at no reserve auction, with 15 hours remaining, I think there may have been a bid before me at $20, but my auction history doesn't reflect that.

Show attachment 255663

At first I thought maybe Daaz was listing the name at no reserve risking a potential loss just to drive members to their auctions. If an auctionHouse has a stream of decent domains, that can raise buyer awareness.

Being this was my first Daaz experience, I didn't feel comfortable chasing the domain. I was more so curious on the Daaz auction process, and what policys are in place to prevent a buyer from getting screwed and what policys are in place to ensure the domain owner follows through. Placing a domain like Xofi.com at no reserve auction is a huge risk that requires domain buyers to be aware of such an auction (so my concern was winning the auction but the seller not honoring the deal).

The industry is in dire need of a nameLiquidate repalcement. But what nameLiquidate had going for them was:

(a) BUYER VERIFIED FUNDS: dutch style domain auctions have BINs, which requires a buyer to give the auctionHouse money before the auction is considered closed.

(b) SELLER OWNERSHIP VERIFICATION: If the domain was not owned at epik, sellers from other registrars would unlock and provide nameLiquidate the AUTH code to prove ownership. To ensure the auction price is honored, I think the best option is if Daaz could hold the domain in their registrar account while a domain is being auctioned. ie If somebody wants to auction a dynadot domain, then the seller should push the domain to daaz before the auction is allowed to start.

IMO the dutch auction format had the added benefit of preventing somebody creating a second daaz account to shill bid the auction up.

Aside from those concerns is preventing sheninigans. The domain (Xofi.com) I bid on was linked to a namePros thread full of sheninigans! ... looking like the seller may be using that domain as bait to hook domainers into possible scams.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/preventing-fraud-be-careful-of-this-scammer.1323696/
Thank you for your feedback. We fully appreciate every bit of your feedback.
We have tried to keep it easy for the buyers and sellers to transact with each other, that flexibility at times can leads to some misuse of the system.

DaaZ let the seller decide whether they want to run an auction with the reserve or without reserve price. Also the Seller has a choice to decide the BIN price apart from reserve price. It's a quite flexible system to schedule an auction , we believe seller as an asset owner can decide how they would like to auction their domain name rather than we deciding those parameters. We believe in Open , fair and free market , Let the market decide the prices.

If any seller not honour to handover the domain name will be banned from DaaZ. Although we refund 100% of the amount back to the buyer, there will be a slight inconvenience and disappointment to the buyer. Sellers also need to co-operate with us.

We have a manual review and approval process for any domain name coming into auction , at times there is a slight chance of error. We try to verify the ownership and also we also contact the seller with some best practices when we noticed valuable name is going to auction without reserve.

There is no one fit solution for all. When running a marketplace , there are very few cases where the misutilisation of the system can happen, daaz support team monitors the auctions very closely and always try to protect the interests of the buyers.

We will certainly re-read your feedback and do everything possible to improve the way we are running the marketplace.

•••
to DaaZ UK PayPal account, yes there is a 3% extra amount for those processing via Paypal, this is applicable to all buyers ( Not specific to US alone ).
Thanks for clarifying that. It's nice to know that US customers can accept payment via Paypal, but with only an additional 3% international charge from them.

And, nowadays, generally how quickly are payouts being made to the domain seller?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for clarifying that. It's nice to know that US customers can accept payment via Paypal, but with only an additional 3% international charge from them.

And, nowadays, generally how quickly are payouts being made to the domain seller?
Yes US buyers can pay using their PayPal ( with 3% processing fee ) and also US sellers can ask for PayPal payout without any extra charges up to 2000 USD per payout.

As per user agreement its 14 days , but 99% of our payouts are done with in 2 working days. Thats our track record on Payouts.

Last edited:
•••
Is the minimum success fee still only $5 USD?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks for clarifying the $5 (or 5 other currency) minimum. Recently, someone had posted a question about why their payout was much lower than expected on a different marketplace. They were unaware that their minimum "success fee" was much higher than that.

Also, thank you for the nice search engine feature. When searching for a domain on your site, relevant options appear on the drop down menu. Overall, the selections seem reasonable, and the ability to find a domain one has listed seems reliable. On other marketplace searches, sometimes it may be necessary to put the entire domain name, including the extension, in order to see that specific listing at all.

So, keep up the good work!

•••
I use dan add lead at 5percent fee for all my sales... no prob.. fast payout etc... can someone tell me how does would be better and why...

•••
Thanks for chiming in and sharing your experience.

We seem to be talking about two different issues. When Daaz provides the "lead" AND a sale, they have a 5% commission with a $5 minimum. When you provide the lead, Dan apparently does the transaction for 5%.

One simple question here. What is the minimum transaction fee with Dan?

•••
Thanks for chiming in and sharing your experience.

We seem to be talking about two different issues. When Daaz provides the "lead" AND a sale, they have a 5% commission with a $5 minimum. When you provide the lead, Dan apparently does the transaction for 5%.

One simple question here. What is the minimum transaction fee with Dan?

tnx. so its same fee on both. good to know cause I once heard 2% somewhere with Daaz.... as for min..
I think 100usd. however to me it's no issue.
but to some it can be.

p.s. do they charge seller to get paypal payout or its mass payment like dan?

Last edited:
•••
do they charge seller to get paypal payout or its mass payment like dan?
Yes US buyers can pay using their PayPal ( with 3% processing fee ) and also US sellers can ask for PayPal payout without any extra charges up to 2000 USD per payout.
Note though that they also accept Wise, which might be a lower cost option.

I'd be deligted to hear, even by PM, whether someone in the U.S. received a payout from Daaz using these or alternative options-- and how it went.

One consideration nowadays for Daaz is whether their sellers could use a service like Wise, to allow payment by the buyer in any of their supported currencies on their marketplace. Is it possible that their listings currently in specific currency might be a barrier to sales? Has anyone on NP not purchased a domain there due to being listed in a non-preferred currency?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back