Dynadot

domain Cyndy.net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cyndy Lystad

Impact
Hello from Seattle!

I have owned my name "Cyndy.net" for 13 years and I'm wondering if it's worth anything more than I paid for it... I tried the free services and I got everything from $0.00 to about $1,500. and a few in between.

I am totally open to the truth (an educated guesstimate) and have no preconceived ideas of what I "should" get...

Is there a way I could list it and "see what happens" without being committed?? LOL, Ya right... How do you test the market?

Any ideas? Thoughts?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There actually is a really annoying way that some people "test the market." If it's at godaddy and you let it "expire" and go into their expiring auctions, you can watch the auction (if anyone bids..) and then renew the domain. And then everyone wasted their time bidding.

Namebio says
erica.net 610 USD 2016-04-15 NameJet
priya.net 499 USD 2016-05-10 NameJet

Cyndy seems to be much less popular so based on those sales, maybe high xx to low xxx from someone who invests in domains.. Or you can ask for anything you want if you get an inquiry, but I think you'd be pretty lucky for that to happen.. People prefer .com or .org over .net most of the time.

•••
I had no idea that testing the market was "not nice" with domain names! I don't want to annoy people, thanks for the heads up! In regular business it is very common to price a new product at say... three different prices, and place it in three different Walmart stores in the same department at each one, and see how it sells at each price. It's that "perceived value" thing. -- I guess not so much with domain names. No worries. I'm not here to irritate people and I do listen!

I can see that with a "first name domain name" it is probably going to boil down to finding the "right buyer" that wants it. Actually, as my eBay friend says, TWO interested buyers is way better than one!

I don't know if I am motivated to go to the effort to get a mailing list of "Cyndy" connected names and domains with Cyndy.com in the name already, that might want to pick up the .net. I already know that a name domain is not as good as a brand domain, I mean I DO have a web site and it's not forwarded. Mainly because the word Cyndy does not describe what I do. It was purchased in a moment of vanity when I saw my first name available. I have never used it.

I will keep checking here for a few days to see if anyone else posts with their best guesstimate and even better, ideas on how I might find an end-user for when I am motivated. Really though, at $13.95 per year it might never happen. Cyndy.com was just renewed about 10 days ago and it too is not being used..

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back