Domain Empire

Customers revolt as GoDaddy buys WordPress tools outfit

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
GoDaddy has acquired ManageWP, a provider of software for managing large numbers of WordPress sites, leading to hundreds of complaints from customers.

The two companies announced yesterday that the deal will see GoDaddy integrate ManageWP into its existing suite of WordPress services.

ManageWP said pricing will be unaffected by the move, and that its service will continue to be available to customers using other hosting providers.

Despite these assurances, a few hundred ManageWP customers have over the last 24 hours expressed their dismay in comments on the company’s site.

Here’s a small sample of comments:

I cancelled my account immediately upon reading this news.

I have never dealt with a worse company in my professional life than GoDaddy, and will never do so again. One of my requirements for taking on a new client is moving them off GoDaddy completely.

My main concern from a business perspective is that you are giving away premium features free to GoDaddy hosting customers. That is a direct conflict with the people that offer ManageWP as a service to their clients. The services we provide now seem like they are worth less to our clients who host at GoDaddy.

Bummed about this. The minute I see an up-sell notification slammed in my face trying to get me to join the GoDaddy hosting plan, I’m outta here.

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Manage WP is a Serbian company it was in the news down here. They misrepresented it in the media as "Godaddy coming to Serbia" the company behind this is Devana Technologies.

•••
I was using ManageWP a few years ago, and although it was not one of the best software in the niche, it was quite decent. But now - i would quit right today, if i was still using them. Never ever come close to Godaddy - one of the first rules in SEO world.

•••
Will be interesting for sure to see the outcome of this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back