Dynadot

question Crypto currency name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vincew

Top Member
Impact
Is it worth registering a crypto currency name or do you think it isn't worth going after those types of names anymore? There's a really good - IMO - name I'm thinking about regging, just don't know if I should or not.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cryptocurrencies aren't dead they are only just begining. The fact that Bitcoin has lost a lot of the value doesn't mean the technology is over. If you believe it is a good domain then you don't need to ask whether to buy it. Certain companies will be over an out so I wouldn't be buying bitcoinword when could have cryptoword. With every domain craze there are people registering threelongwords dot com that will never be a first choice. So beware no point registering something that just sounds okay it always has to be the first choice.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Cryptocurrencies aren't dead they are only just begining. The fact that Bitcoin has lost a lot of the value doesn't mean the technology is over. If you believe it is a good domain then you don't need to ask whether to buy it. Certain companies will be over an out so I wouldn't be buying bitcoinword when could have cryptoword. With every domain craze there are people registering threelongwords dot com that will never be a first choice. So beware no point registering something that just sounds okay it always has to be the first choice.
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/951860080885944320

•••
Don't hand reg goto auction house and invest your money if only you want profit from your investment..

•••
Is it worth registering a crypto currency name or do you think it isn't worth going after those types of names anymore? There's a really good - IMO - name I'm thinking about regging, just don't know if I should or not.
The twisted thing is that I did this today without realising it.

Crypto of course and then I was thinking about gold mining... then I thought about dwarfs (dwarves??) but that was taken and I don't really want a name like that.

Then I thought... Orc. And there you have it .com

I never knew about Orion Coin (ORC) or the company that bought cryptorc. I just kinda dug them up (excuse the pun) during the journey.

Last edited:
•••
Nice looking graphic, good luck with the site.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back