Dynadot

debate Crypto ban in China good for the liquid domain market?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Josh R

Josh.coTop Member
Impact

--------------------------------Thoughts?-------------------------------

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
China has banned ICO's and has instructed exchanges to voluntarily shut down.

This not a ban on crytocurrency, China remains one of the largest mining communities in the world. The Chinese goverment is also working on their own blockchain based currency.

These bans are temporary measures until they have implemented regulations on ICO funding models and licenses on exchanges.

Will it have an effect on the domain market? Perhaps, but I don't think it would be a substantial effect.

Last edited:
•••
Hey if you dont have any yourself, why should we share ours?

•••
Hey if you dont have any yourself, why should we share ours?

Hey Lars,
You don't have to.

As for me, I don't really know.

•••
Well it could be good for people like me with Bitcoin domain names. :)

•••
Hey Josh. Do we know each other?

Regarding crypto market. Its a crap shot. But yeah maybe some of the chinese cash could flow back to domains. Regardless I would be wary of making investments based on that. They know more than us..

•••
Last edited:
•••
What about the Russian mining developments - will they help crypto domains. That and chinese changes should help domain names. The big change would be China changing its taxation laws for virtual assets and money movements.

•••
Yeah better be careful with all that mining. They might break through to the other side of the disc and all our air would flow out into space.

Right Kuffy?

•••
it wont take bicoin down

•••
I read somewhere about investing (paraphrasing): "Investing rule of the internet: If China bans it, we should invest in it". Think: Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc.

I don't think the recent bans/clampdown in China will negatively affect cryptos much in the long-term, or even the short-term. And that also goes for related domains.

•••
China didnt ban bitcoin or crypto it is still legal to own, however they have told all exchanges to close. They will most likely reopen under new regulations but that can take a while. Yes it might help domaining, it couldnt hurt. imo

•••
Last week i was reading about a cryptocurrency LCFHC which is introduced by Chinese stakeholders..
Then how we can think about China is banning cryptocurrency.

•••
They've banned exchanges, ICOs, and possibly international trading websites too. But they don't ban the local ownership of cryptos, or the miners. Still, there's rumor that they'll re-allow it all, but heavy regulated.

•••
Yes factual thing is that China is a powerful economy and they try for the independency in each and evry trade matter and cryptocurrency is the biggest matter of trade in overall globe to ease the payments system.
Yes it is also a reality .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back