NameSilo

"Critical mass" domain selling market

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dag

Senior MemberVIP Member
Impact
What do those of you who have been selling domains for a while consider to be the domain auction market that has "critical mass" -- that is, comparable to what Ebay is for auctions. Is there a place that has the most potential buyers looking and therefore tends to give the highest relative selling price, all other things being equal? Is Ebay that place, or is it something like AfterNIC or GoDaddy's domain marketplace?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd say domain shopping is never really critical mass.. even though ebay itself is. So the domain section of ebay I'd say is just a focused on domains themselves as any.

The biggest player is sedo but there too your domain is on page 94 if you have a popular keyword... So hard to say.

Making a mini promo page around your top names might be best. (+of course in addition to listing everwhere)
This way your one page domain name promoting site can be found by/ stumbled onto by crtitical mass - like a mom a and pop team searching for the perfect Doggy-Day-Care domain name...

Good question though - Hope my opinion made any sense.

Last edited:
•••
well said fleege...... :great:

•••
Fleege said:
I'd say domain shopping is never really critical mass.. even though ebay is. So the domain section of ebay I'd say is just a foucused on domains them selves as any.

The biggest player is sedo but there too your domain is on page 94 if you have a popular keyword... So hard to say.

Making a mini promo page around your top names might be best. (+of course in addition to listing everwhere)
This way your one page domain name promoting site can be found by/ stumbled onto by crtitical mass - like a mom a and pop team searching for the perfect Doggy-Day-CAre domain name...

Good question though - Hope my opinion made any sense.

Yes, it did...thanks! It helps to know where to start with selling some of these domain names that I've been buying. Your promo page idea sounds good...I think I'll give that a try, wherever else I may list things. Now question is, what domain name to purchase for that use... :|

Can one list a domain name at multiple sites, then? There's no problem overlapping, as long as you're careful to remove a sold domain from all places it's listed?

•••
Can one list a domain name at multiple sites, then? There's no problem overlapping, as long as you're careful to remove a sold domain from all places it's listed?

Yes, the more you list the better the odds of someone finding the domain.
Just make sure you remove when sold from all listing sites.
:)

•••
Yes you should list everywhere BUT have prices if want to do that only in place - Otherwise it gets too complicated to keep track. I have prices at Sedo - and make offer only at afternic.

What happens to old threads here with prices I dont know.

Good questions. I re-read my first reply. Lots of PHAT phinger typos. Sorry.

maybe I'll edit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back