IT.COM

Create Your Own Domain Store!

NameSilo
Watch
Saw this being advertised on DomainInvesting.com and thought I'd try it out for one month ($10 p/m).

NameInvestors.com

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
FYI regarding the issue of people finding one's domains on a domain store via a Google search, I would agree that is not likely. Leads are more likely going to be the result of redirecting their domains to their portfolio site and fielding inbound inquiries that way. Regardless, it appears the redesign has not adversely affected my search rankings. GenericDomains.net currently ranks on page two of Google for "generic domains" and page one of Bing (below four paid results and some organic ones as well). Of course, few end users are going to type in "generic domains" - more likely they type in "buy a domain" or "buy domains" or something similar. As well, since Godaddy spends a lot on advertising they may just go to Godaddy directly.

•••
David, I am not the one offering this service but I do not understand the vile criticism. While it sounds nice to just add 30% to your sales price to cover Godaddy commissions, there is a limit that a buyer is willing to pay and adding 30% to your price can mean losing a sale. Most domain sales are for less than $1000. SEDO's median .COM sale is for around $600. Development can produce a huge payoff but it is not an easy or risk-free solution as I discovered several years ago. Development consumes limited time. Time has a value and people contract services because they do not have the requisite skills or have limited time to accomplish a certain task. Best of luck with your development projects.
Again, no value as with Agreed/Name Investors theme you're making the buyer pay escrow fees. So, you can set your pricing at what you wish ($600), but the user is paying by far more once it's said and done. This is poor marketing as you're stating one "buy it now" price and they are charged another. If anything this will hinder a sale even more.

How would you like to take a $2 soda to the cashier and be charged $2.75? (If you're in a state with sales taxes, this is obvious to you.)

If Sedo's median sale is around $600, sell it on the forums or elsewhere where lower prices get more attention. (Note: I've sold domains under $600 on Sedo. The median price is inflated by $$$,$$$-$,$$$,$$$ sales.)

Yes, it is risk free. Try doing it today without tools like XSItePro2 (WordPress) and plugins that auto update. As stated, for a mere $12 at GoDaddy, you get WordPress hosting with thousands of themes to choose from (one of which could be a theme they're using) where you can simply drag and drop items with real pricing.

Oh, by the way, how many times do I have to mention with $12/year you get a free domain, 100gb of space and a couple fancy photos to use for your built storefront?This is not only cheaper than registering at regular costs, but is win-win to save you money over this paid-for-fancy-overpriced-aftermarket-platform once you can grasp building a secure site on your own.

Don't mislead the buyers or you will end up only getting inquiries and not sales.

PS: You're probably losing sales and inquiries (if this is true) with their shoddy programming work as when I click the price tag or shopping cart of the domain name "I want", I am taken to '/domain/undefined'. Might want to suggest to your buddy to fix that.

This is a review thread, so I can review it from my vantage point in order to protect new members.

Last edited:
•••
Has anyone bought a store from them recently? I have tried to order one but it cannot process my credit card.

•••
Has anyone bought a store from them recently? I have tried to order one but it cannot process my credit card.

I had their portal for over a year, but cancelled a few weeks ago after my service went down and for some reason I was no longer able to use my own nameservers. I contacted them, and they responded after a couple of days.

My subsequent emails went ignored and I was even charged after I had cancelled. I wrote again and asked for a refund of the last charge, which they refunded.

I liked how the portal looked, because it gave my portfolio a professional appearance, but there is obviously something wrong with their customer service.

•••
•••
•••
Saw this being advertised on DomainInvesting.com and thought I'd try it out for one month ($10 p/m).

NameInvestors.com

Anyone knows how to contact the guys at NameInvestors.com?
I discontinued using their useless service six months back or so, but they have not stopped charging my credit card ever since.

I've written to them several emails, even use the contact form on their website. No reply. They continue to bill me.

Or you think I should start a new post and write an open letter to them for them to address the issue?

•••
A hosted platform like this harms people more than it will ever help, even if they can make one sale.

It's true.

By the way, do you know how to contact the guys at NameInvestors.com?
I discontinued using their useless service six months back or so, but they have not stopped charging my credit card ever since.

I've written to them several emails, even use the contact form on their website. No reply. They continue to bill me.

Or you think I should start a new post and write an open letter to them for them to address the issue?

•••
It's true.

By the way, do you know how to contact the guys at NameInvestors.com?

They have a phone in their header +1(310) 773 3859so you can try call them.

Also I think you should contact your credit card bank/company so they can terminate the payments to that site.

•••
+1(310) 773 3859

I don't think legit firms solve issues via phones only. This is 21st century. I replied to the emails they sent to me shortly after registration, they never replied. Also several other emails (I use legit company email address, and not the free ones such as gmail). I've duplicated the messages and sent it to them using the contact form on their website. I never got a reply. To the best of my knowledge, all emails were successfully delivered.

And now, how am I sure the telephone on their website is legit and who pays the bill for the long distance calls? It's day here, night over there.
I've lost enough, just by a single woefully wrong decision of using their service (non-service).

Also I think you should contact your credit card bank/company so they can terminate the payments to that site.

My bank can only nullify the CC and issue a new one.
I've this card tied to many (more than 10) online services, including Paypal and GoDaddy. So I'll need to go through all of them and update with new info. The least I would like to do now, just because of the mischief of one mediocre company touting itself as "Investors".

Last edited:
•••
This topic was pretty old when I butt heads with Troy Rushton (for good reason).

Here's a quote by Joseph Peterson:
"At one point, Adam Dicker and his NicheWebsites business were a DomainSherpa sponsor. Prior to that, DomainSherpa was pitching Protrada, whose Troy Rushton also helped sell Adam as an expert – there again with expensive courses." Source

I'll let you connect the dots on that one... hope you get your money back.

•••
Hey
I don't think legit firms solve issues via phones only. This is 21st century. I replied to the emails they sent to me shortly after registration, they never replied. Also several other emails (I use legit company email address, and not the free ones such as gmail). I've duplicated the messages and sent it to them using the contact form on their website. I never got a reply. To the best of my knowledge, all emails were successfully delivered.

And now, how am I sure the telephone on their website is legit and who pays the bill for the long distance calls? It's day here, night over there.
I've lost enough, just by a single woefully wrong decision of using their service (non-service).

My bank can only nullify the CC and issue a new one.
I've this card tied to many (more than 10) online services, including Paypal and GoDaddy. So I'll need to go through all of them and update with new info. The least I would like to do now, just because of the mischief of one mediocre company touting itself as "Investors".

Joystal, we answer the phone, our FB page and all support emails to [email protected] as per the website, if there has been a billing issue for $60, we will absolutely refund it immediately as we have in the past. Please email ASAP and mark to my attention and I will ensure its resolved. Thanks Troy

•••
Joystal, we answer the phone, our FB page and all support emails to [email protected]

I've strong reasons to doubt the email is legit.

Please email ASAP

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

No sir, I will not send emails this time around, 'cos I've done that several times without results.
Thanks to negligence of your support team (not you personally), the issue is now a public matter. So let's resolve it publicly, let others following this thread see how you'll handle and mend things. It's to your advantage.

To start with, I've attached vital screenshots. All you need do is duly study them.

I used your services for barely 3 months.
Last time your company illegally deducted funds from my CC was April 15, 2016, breaching trust, flagrantly ignoring my several requests to desist from such.

The failure of your team is your direct responsibility.
---------------------------

1-nameinvestor-welcome-message.gif
2-message-to-nameinvestor.gif
3-message-to-nameinvestor.gif
4-message-to-nameinvestor.gif

Last edited:
•••
I've strong reasons to doubt the email is legit.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

No sir, I will not send emails this time around, 'cos I've done that several times without results.
Thanks to negligence of your support team (not you personally), the issue is now a public matter. So let's resolve it publicly, let others following this thread see how you'll handle and mend things. It's to your advantage.

To start with, I've attached vital screenshots. All you need do is duly study them.

I used your services for barely 3 months.
Last time your company illegally deducted funds from my CC was April 15, 2016, breaching trust, flagrantly ignoring my several requests to desist from such.

The failure of your team is your direct responsibility.
---------------------------

Hey Josytal

thank you for the opportunity to resolve this, "doing the right thing" is very important to me, I have over 6 years invested in the industry, so I treat matters of integrity with the highest of priority.

Based on your screen shots, it appears 2 emails went to an unmonitored/no reply email address ([email protected]), but 1 on 2/21/16 was received by our support team ([email protected]) & we failed to action. Upon a quick investigation, your email address @josystal.com is different to your nameinvestor account @domainswot.com and that caused a stall, as it sat in the "follow up list". Clearly we need to prioritize billing matters & service cancellation requests, so I take complete responsibility for the issue.

Under circumstances, where we have made an error, we would offer free or extended services to compensate, but as I understand you are unsatisfied with our service in the first place, I assume, that will be of little benefit to you.

So, Ive taken the only other step available, which is to refund all 10 payments received by you. Our intention is to only be paid for providing a fair & valued service to our customers. Our merchant advised this is a 5-10 day process into your bank.

Should you require anything further, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Wishes
Troy

•••
Could you please separate your post/response/reply from my post.

For reasons best known to you, you've jumbled together my previous post as quote, added your post inside the quotation marks and then presented it as though you were just quoting me.

You have serious allegations of THEFT against your firm, and your behavior so far has shown no remorse for CRIME you and your team have committed. Instead, you're trying to fool yourself by not coming out clearly.

FYI, I know of more serious steps I can take to make you regret your wrongful act for a very long time to come.

•••

For reasons best known to you, you've jumbled together my previous post as quote, added your post inside the quotation marks and then presented it as though you were just quoting me.

You have serious allegations of THEFT against your firm, and your behavior so far has shown no remorse for CRIME you and your team have committed. Instead, you're trying to fool yourself by not coming out clearly.

FYI, I know of more serious steps I can take to make you regret your wrongful act for a very long time to come.

Hey Josytal

thank you for the opportunity to resolve this, "doing the right thing" is very important to me, I have over 6 years invested in the industry, so I treat matters of integrity with the highest of priority.

Based on your screen shots, it appears 2 emails went to an unmonitored/no reply email address ([email protected]), but 1 on 2/21/16 was received by our support team ([email protected]) & we failed to action. Upon a quick investigation, your email address @josystal.com is different to your nameinvestor account @domainswot.com and that caused a stall, as it sat in the "follow up list". Clearly we need to prioritize billing matters & service cancellation requests, so I take complete responsibility for the issue.

Under circumstances, where we have made an error, we would offer free or extended services to compensate, but as I understand you are unsatisfied with our service in the first place, I assume, that will be of little benefit to you.

So, Ive taken the only other step available, which is to refund all 10 payments received by you. Our intention is to only be paid for providing a fair & valued service to our customers. Our merchant advised this is a 5-10 day process into your bank.

Should you require anything further, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Wishes
Troy

•••

Josytal, I have responded & actioned your request within hours of you posting in this thread.

Our support team received a cancellation request email on 2/21/16, which we did not action, to which I have now resolved & given you a 100% refund on all the fees you have ever paid us (10 x $10.99) to compensate for our error.

I have acknowledged that we made a mistake, by not taking action on your email request sooner and as a result, 2 more $10.99 charges were made. This is regretful & incompetent on our part and I offer our apologies.

Our system has a delete account function, which automatically stops the billing & cancels the account. Our system did not log a cancellation request and handling cancellations by email is an area that we need to improve upon, which I have already taking steps to address.

What more would you like us to do?

My best
Troy

•••
Josytal, I have responded & actioned your request within hours of you posting in this thread.
I only noticed that couple of hours back. Your initial reply was jumbled all together with my previous post.

Our support team received a cancellation request email on 2/21/16, which we did not action, to which I have now resolved & given you a 100% refund on all the fees you have ever paid us (10 x $10.99) to compensate for our error.

There were several requests made earlier, even via the contact form on your website. As for the refund, I opt to keep my fingers crossed, will revert immediately my bank confirms receipt.

I have acknowledged that we made a mistake, by not taking action on your email request sooner and as a result, 2 more $10.99 charges were made. This is regretful & incompetent on our part and I offer our apologies.
It's human to make mistakes. It's OK as long as it wasn't intentional.
Be more attentive to your business to avoid such blunders being repeated in future.

Our system has a delete account function, which automatically stops the billing & cancels the account. Our system did not log a cancellation request and handling cancellations by email is an area that we need to improve upon, which I have already taking steps to address.
I'm least interested now. With me you'll never have a second chance to make the first impression.

What more would you like us to do?
Absolutely nothing. Except some trivial suggestions I can push to you to help you improve your business.

Rgds.

•••
I only noticed that couple of hours back. Your initial reply was jumbled all together with my previous post.

There were several requests made earlier, even via the contact form on your website. As for the refund, I opt to keep my fingers crossed, will revert immediately my bank confirms receipt.

It's human to make mistakes. It's OK as long as it wasn't intentional.
Be more attentive to your business to avoid such blunders being repeated in future.

I'm least interested now. With me you'll never have a second chance to make the first impression.

Absolutely nothing. Except some trivial suggestions I can push to you to help you improve your business.

Rgds.

Thank you Josytal, I appreciate your suggestions & can assure you it was not intentional. As a result of your feedback, we have improved our internal process for the future.

Ive also just emailed you separately a report from our merchant (stripe) on your refund.

I wish you well.

Troy

•••
Hello Josytal

Sory to interrrupt you. But I am thinking to register with NameInvestors platform, but you said in the thread that their service is rubbish.

Mind to quickly share with me, why did you say that?

Would really appreciate.

•••
•••
Are you serious @sumosan ? Efty is a domain portfolio software , not a website to showcase our portfolio.

•••
Are you serious @sumosan ? Efty is a domain portfolio software , not a website to showcase our portfolio.

We are now offering a free service which includes a marketplace (shop), which allows you to showcase 500 domains with landers etc. We take 7.5% on sales generated through the platform. You can see a couple of samples from the homepage including some notable users who I think would be happy to offer you a testimony if you know any of them. Let me know if we can help.

My best
Troy

•••
Hello Troy, I have a bunch of questions sent to your PM. Hopefully you can reply soonest. I have sent the questions to support at nameinvestors dot com and your gmail account, no reply from both emails.

Thanks.

•••
Hello Troy, I have a bunch of questions sent to your PM. Hopefully you can reply soonest. I have sent the questions to support at nameinvestors dot com and your gmail account, no reply from both emails.

Thanks.

Hey Rich

Yes please send over to [email protected] and I'll look for it or PM your email and I'll search for it.

Thanks
Troy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back