NameSilo

Create Your Own Domain Store!

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch
Saw this being advertised on DomainInvesting.com and thought I'd try it out for one month ($10 p/m).

NameInvestors.com
 
Last edited by a moderator:
5
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I decided to subscribe to this service because this solution seemed to be a major upgrade from the prior design and functionality of my English domain portfolio website GenericDomains.net I am pleased with the responsiveness to numerous user requests made thus far. Yes, I and others were concerned about Agreed's leasing fees and in short order the service took steps to move to another payment processor so that sellers would still benefit from lease transactions. For this service to continue long-term it has to be worthwhile to the provider so I want it to be profitable (though I don't want to see ads for new TLDs on my site). I don't care to be an expert at Wordpress or have to worry about upgrading to the latest version or how to fix a site which has been hacked. Given my experience with XSitePro2 sites I haven't been excited about learning Wordpress or Joomla. Perhaps some day...
 
1
•••
@ David Walker, I've answered your question about agreed, but let me restate the following:

1. We are hosted on Amazon cloud, with a customised scalable solution, not wordpress hosting.
2. We are not being paid by enom for the "link", feel free to ask them
3. We have no affiliate agreement with agreed.com, feel free to ask them
4. The link to nameinvestors was an after thought for credibility not link juice, now removed
5. Most domains listed for sale are not pointing to us, which is the power & flexibility of the system.

These are the facts.

I wish you well
Troy
 
0
•••
@Troy Rushton ,
1. You are hosting either WPMU or single WordPress installations (what a waste) on Amazon cloud. This is what I would call glorified managed WordPress hosting for a target niche offering basically, a theme. As mentioned, you can get secure WordPress hosting, 1000s of themes with a site builder, etc. at GoDaddy WITH a domain for $12 a year. Do you even give 1 domain away for free?
2. If you're not being paid by them, why have it? Why even have branding all together if someone is paying you? Why not the option of Sedo, ccBill, PayPal, Escrow, etc.?
3. Name Investors may not have an affiliate agreement with Agreed, however, you are utilizing them as an advertiser on different networks. Quit beating around the bush with that one.
4. FINALLY
5. What's the real value you provide over a free solution such as Sedo, Afternic, GoDaddy, etc. where one can get more exposure if they aren't pointed to you for $10? By the way, I don't call that power & flexibility, when these 'prominent' domain holders are on all these platforms. It's just another one to pimp their names out.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
@ David Walker

1. As stated, it has nothing to do with WordPress whatsoever, please check the sourcecode for yourself. Our platform is a customised framework, built internally by our team.
2. This is an ecommerce solution for marketing of domains names, not a website builder specifically
3. We will be rolling out registrar services with enom, hence why it was there, but we pulled the module back for the time being, so removing the logo is fine for now. Registrar services need a trusted provider.
4. I have no idea what you are referring to with agreed, as suggested last post, contact them yourself.

Where is the value? This is a great question and thank you for asking it. The real value is to provide a shopfront where sellers can self-represent their names and save commission on their own outbound marketing. We have an eCommerce solution that enables sellers to promote their names and drive traffic back to their domain shop instead of driving them to sedo, go daddy etc who will then charge a % on sale 20%++. A seller is able to market their internal landing page within their domainshop rather than just the parking/direct lander.

In addition to saving commission, we also provide sales brochures, landing pages, portfolio management, lead tools, leasing and an integrated escrow process, that then automatically updates transactions and historical sales data.

We have more features and benefits in the roadmap, including "portfolio selling", which we will reveal over time, which will give a network effect that all of our users can benefit from. Sellers can leverage our platform, by pointing just 1 of their names as their "domainshop" and they can leave the rest of their portfolio pointing where ever they like. Our solution does not require the seller to point the name to us, therefore this is an "additional" opportunity to help sell names. Sellers can leave their name with Sedo, Go Daddy, Afternic etc and also have a domainshop with us. Best of both worlds in our opinion. I hope this clarifies it.
 
0
•••
I decided to subscribe to this service because this solution seemed to be a major upgrade from the prior design and functionality of my English domain portfolio website GenericDomains.net I am pleased with the responsiveness to numerous user requests made thus far. Yes, I and others were concerned about Agreed's leasing fees and in short order the service took steps to move to another payment processor so that sellers would still benefit from lease transactions. For this service to continue long-term it has to be worthwhile to the provider so I want it to be profitable (though I don't want to see ads for new TLDs on my site). I don't care to be an expert at Wordpress or have to worry about upgrading to the latest version or how to fix a site which has been hacked. Given my experience with XSitePro2 sites I haven't been excited about learning Wordpress or Joomla. Perhaps some day...

You got sold by the XSitePro2 landing page, just like you got sold by @Troy Rushton and his landing page.

Being in this industry long enough (2008 by your join date I presume), you should evolve with it. I'm glad that you sought out avenues of development, but there isn't a cheap way out.

Instead, you should have looked into other more difficult tools such as Dreamweaver. This would have given you the scalability of starting out slow and easy, to rounding out the edges on your designs. It doesn't happen over night like both of these tools somewhat imply on their sites.

There is no need to worry about getting hacked. I have hundreds of WordPress sites that auto-update the core as well as the Genesis Framework. I have only had one incident of being compromised on a single site and that is because it wasn't set to auto-update. An easy fix to that was knowing my way around phpMyAdmin and running 1 query. However, it could have been accomplished in WP-Admin as well, just a little more time.

Learning is going to ultimately give you the ability to more earnings.

With that being said, if you do have the budget for $10/month to be on this "platform"... give GoDaddy a try with a hosted WordPress option at $12 a year. Right now as you like this sales platform, I see it as win-win.

For one, you will get a domain name for free. This is a little more expensive than hand registering one with a coupon, but is cheaper than their yearly fee.

Lastly, it puts you in the drivers' seat having the flexibility of choosing a theme, editing what goes where and no need to worry about being hacked as they are secure and you have 24/7 support. In addition to this, you are learning. If you don't try, you will fail. Don't rely on someone else to hold your hand, ever.

If that didn't sell you on trying both, well good luck. You're always going to be a fish in the sea for a "prominent" person or company (Name Investors*) to take advantage of you. Again and again and again.

* Just look at their background.

It's the same service, over and over. For one, you have Name Brokers. This is essentially a search platform for finding a broker, when you can post on a forum for free.

Protrada, an invite only buying and selling platform. How many are there already? Looking at their development history of combining the uselessness of Devname and Parklings, it looks like they will integrate this with Name Investor as well (if they haven't already).

Devname, a design company for domainers. Hmmm, WhyPark minus the parking option?

Parklings, now Devname.

KiWQ, a dummed down version of Keyword Planner (again, if you don't learn, you're going to pay).

Fruitful, a garbage way of obtaining traffic (syndication) that won't help you rank these days.

AdSlide, a cheaper-but yet less effective-solution to AdWords and Facebook.

Looking at XSitePro2 and what the parent company is. Intellimon, which also serves up the same garbage over and over to make a quick buck off small fish: XSitePro, XCommentPro, and XHeaderPro along with a lot of recycled training programs that you can learn on this forum.

Do you notice a trend with Winged Media (Name Investors) and Intellimon? I do. They keep using the same trash over and over with a different brand or copy other brands attempting to get a foothold. When they fail, they merge with a new brand (as seen with Parklings and Devname).

 
0
•••
@ David Walker

1. As stated, it has nothing to do with WordPress whatsoever, please check the sourcecode for yourself. Our platform is a customised framework, built internally by our team.
2. This is an ecommerce solution for marketing of domains names, not a website builder specifically
3. We will be rolling out registrar services with enom, hence why it was there, but we pulled the module back for the time being, so removing the logo is fine for now. Registrar services need a trusted provider.
4. I have no idea what you are referring to with agreed, as suggested last post, contact them yourself.

Where is the value? This is a great question and thank you for asking it. The real value is to provide a shopfront where sellers can self-represent their names and save commission on their own outbound marketing. We have an eCommerce solution that enables sellers to promote their names and drive traffic back to their domain shop instead of driving them to sedo, go daddy etc who will then charge a % on sale 20%++. A seller is able to market their internal landing page within their domainshop rather than just the parking/direct lander.

In addition to saving commission, we also provide sales brochures, landing pages, portfolio management, lead tools, leasing and an integrated escrow process, that then automatically updates transactions and historical sales data.

We have more features and benefits in the roadmap, including "portfolio selling", which we will reveal over time, which will give a network effect that all of our users can benefit from. Sellers can leverage our platform, by pointing just 1 of their names as their "domainshop" and they can leave the rest of their portfolio pointing where ever they like. Our solution does not require the seller to point the name to us, therefore this is an "additional" opportunity to help sell names. Sellers can leave their name with Sedo, Go Daddy, Afternic etc and also have a domainshop with us. Best of both worlds in our opinion. I hope this clarifies it.
1. How can checking the source code reveal whether a site is running WordPress or not? Great try, but I'm not a tool. It's a custom platform built on WPMU most likely to fit your needs.
2. Sedo, Afternic, etc. etc.
3. So you will be a reseller of eNom. Great. No value in that, unless you provide marked up (pennies) prices on your domains to others using your platform, saving them money. Pretty much the same as GoDaddy Discount Club. Another copy.
4. Whatever.

How is a link to a Sedo portfolio different than what you offer? Ultimately, it's the same, except you get to customize yours. However, one must say, a domain sells itself and not the design. So having fancy graphics, doesn't mean you're going to have more sales. Quit pawning it off (marketing) it that way, as that's essentially what you stated. Many domains will sell just fine with a GoDaddy, Sedo, Rook Media, etc. parking page with a small "for sale" link.

If one is not smart enough to increase their prices to cover direct/indirect costs on a domain, they need to learn accounting. No value. You're basically passing the buck on to the buyer to pay fees, which you can do by marking up prices.

Why pay $10/month to have the "best of both worlds" when you really provide absolutely no value.

You really didn't clarify anything. Just dug yourself a deeper hole as you are making people pay $10/month for something 1) they can do on their own or 2) are already doing with portfolio links.

Hope I summed it up for all the beginners out there that a page design and a storefront doesn't sell a name. Names that will sell will be seen. Whether it's on Afternic, GoDaddy, Sedo, eBay or this custom "solution" to solve the ever troubling problem of sales and a storefront.
 
2
•••
Hope I summed it up for all the beginners out there that a page design and a storefront doesn't sell a name. Names that will sell will be seen. Whether it's on Afternic, GoDaddy, Sedo, eBay or this custom "solution" to solve the ever troubling problem of sales and a storefront.

Correct.
 
0
•••
One other reason to have one's own storefront is to avoid marketplace commissions on self-promoted domains. Keep in mind Godaddy charges 30% commissions on Godaddy Premium Listings and I do regularly sell domains through that channel. I have several domains currently in auction at DNX and was doing some marketing of those names. In the process I mentioned where applicable another name which might be of interest to the contact. I have received some responses asking for pricing info. In the case of the auction, I referred them to the auction page. In the case of another domain, I could now refer them to the domain store page rather than a Godaddy or SEDO page. While I agree fancy graphics won't sell a bad domain, a professionally-developed site can help one gain a degree of credibility with an end user who is dealing with someone they don't know and who in many cases lives in a distant location.

I really don't understand the animosity about this service. If you don't like it or don't feel it provides value to you, don't use it.
 
0
•••
One other reason to have one's own storefront is to avoid marketplace commissions on self-promoted domains. Keep in mind Godaddy charges 30% commissions on Godaddy Premium Listings and I do regularly sell domains through that channel. I have several domains currently in auction at DNX and was doing some marketing of those names. In the process I mentioned where applicable another name which might be of interest to the contact. I have received some responses asking for pricing info. In the case of the auction, I referred them to the auction page. In the case of another domain, I could now refer them to the domain store page rather than a Godaddy or SEDO page. While I agree fancy graphics won't sell a bad domain, a professionally-developed site can help one gain a degree of credibility with an end user who is dealing with someone they don't know and who in many cases lives in a distant location.

I really don't understand the animosity about this service. If you don't like it or don't feel it provides value to you, don't use it.
Your post added 0 credibility to the service as I've already stated, learn accounting. If someone charges you 30%, you mark up prices to cover your in/direct costs.

This is similar to "domain for sell, buyer pays fees". In reality with Name Investors, you're paying $10 a month for fancy managed WordPress hosting as all they do is make the buyer pay fees.

I'm not going to let your 2008 join date effect this either. Tried to play nice with you, but your "prominent" status may fool newbies to take this route and get sold by the sharks again.

To everyone new to domaining: save $10/mo for 1 to 3 domains a month (hand registrations) and list on other venues, marking your prices up to account for commission. There is no value in this service.

A listing/being sold through Afternic, Sedo, GoDaddy, DomainNameSales gives you more credibility.
 
0
•••
David, I am not the one offering this service but I do not understand the vile criticism. While it sounds nice to just add 30% to your sales price to cover Godaddy commissions, there is a limit that a buyer is willing to pay and adding 30% to your price can mean losing a sale. Most domain sales are for less than $1000. SEDO's median .COM sale is for around $600. Development can produce a huge payoff but it is not an easy or risk-free solution as I discovered several years ago. Development consumes limited time. Time has a value and people contract services because they do not have the requisite skills or have limited time to accomplish a certain task. Best of luck with your development projects.
 
0
•••
FYI regarding the issue of people finding one's domains on a domain store via a Google search, I would agree that is not likely. Leads are more likely going to be the result of redirecting their domains to their portfolio site and fielding inbound inquiries that way. Regardless, it appears the redesign has not adversely affected my search rankings. GenericDomains.net currently ranks on page two of Google for "generic domains" and page one of Bing (below four paid results and some organic ones as well). Of course, few end users are going to type in "generic domains" - more likely they type in "buy a domain" or "buy domains" or something similar. As well, since Godaddy spends a lot on advertising they may just go to Godaddy directly.
 
0
•••
David, I am not the one offering this service but I do not understand the vile criticism. While it sounds nice to just add 30% to your sales price to cover Godaddy commissions, there is a limit that a buyer is willing to pay and adding 30% to your price can mean losing a sale. Most domain sales are for less than $1000. SEDO's median .COM sale is for around $600. Development can produce a huge payoff but it is not an easy or risk-free solution as I discovered several years ago. Development consumes limited time. Time has a value and people contract services because they do not have the requisite skills or have limited time to accomplish a certain task. Best of luck with your development projects.
Again, no value as with Agreed/Name Investors theme you're making the buyer pay escrow fees. So, you can set your pricing at what you wish ($600), but the user is paying by far more once it's said and done. This is poor marketing as you're stating one "buy it now" price and they are charged another. If anything this will hinder a sale even more.

How would you like to take a $2 soda to the cashier and be charged $2.75? (If you're in a state with sales taxes, this is obvious to you.)

If Sedo's median sale is around $600, sell it on the forums or elsewhere where lower prices get more attention. (Note: I've sold domains under $600 on Sedo. The median price is inflated by $$$,$$$-$,$$$,$$$ sales.)

Yes, it is risk free. Try doing it today without tools like XSItePro2 (WordPress) and plugins that auto update. As stated, for a mere $12 at GoDaddy, you get WordPress hosting with thousands of themes to choose from (one of which could be a theme they're using) where you can simply drag and drop items with real pricing.

Oh, by the way, how many times do I have to mention with $12/year you get a free domain, 100gb of space and a couple fancy photos to use for your built storefront?This is not only cheaper than registering at regular costs, but is win-win to save you money over this paid-for-fancy-overpriced-aftermarket-platform once you can grasp building a secure site on your own.

Don't mislead the buyers or you will end up only getting inquiries and not sales.

PS: You're probably losing sales and inquiries (if this is true) with their shoddy programming work as when I click the price tag or shopping cart of the domain name "I want", I am taken to '/domain/undefined'. Might want to suggest to your buddy to fix that.

This is a review thread, so I can review it from my vantage point in order to protect new members.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Has anyone bought a store from them recently? I have tried to order one but it cannot process my credit card.
 
0
•••
Has anyone bought a store from them recently? I have tried to order one but it cannot process my credit card.

I had their portal for over a year, but cancelled a few weeks ago after my service went down and for some reason I was no longer able to use my own nameservers. I contacted them, and they responded after a couple of days.

My subsequent emails went ignored and I was even charged after I had cancelled. I wrote again and asked for a refund of the last charge, which they refunded.

I liked how the portal looked, because it gave my portfolio a professional appearance, but there is obviously something wrong with their customer service.
 
1
•••
0
•••
0
•••
Saw this being advertised on DomainInvesting.com and thought I'd try it out for one month ($10 p/m).

NameInvestors.com

Anyone knows how to contact the guys at NameInvestors.com?
I discontinued using their useless service six months back or so, but they have not stopped charging my credit card ever since.

I've written to them several emails, even use the contact form on their website. No reply. They continue to bill me.

Or you think I should start a new post and write an open letter to them for them to address the issue?
 
0
•••
A hosted platform like this harms people more than it will ever help, even if they can make one sale.

It's true.

By the way, do you know how to contact the guys at NameInvestors.com?
I discontinued using their useless service six months back or so, but they have not stopped charging my credit card ever since.

I've written to them several emails, even use the contact form on their website. No reply. They continue to bill me.

Or you think I should start a new post and write an open letter to them for them to address the issue?
 
0
•••
It's true.

By the way, do you know how to contact the guys at NameInvestors.com?
I discontinued using their useless service six months back or so, but they have not stopped charging my credit card ever since.

I've written to them several emails, even use the contact form on their website. No reply. They continue to bill me.

Or you think I should start a new post and write an open letter to them for them to address the issue?
They have a phone in their header +1(310) 773 3859so you can try call them.

Also I think you should contact your credit card bank/company so they can terminate the payments to that site.
 
1
•••
+1(310) 773 3859

I don't think legit firms solve issues via phones only. This is 21st century. I replied to the emails they sent to me shortly after registration, they never replied. Also several other emails (I use legit company email address, and not the free ones such as gmail). I've duplicated the messages and sent it to them using the contact form on their website. I never got a reply. To the best of my knowledge, all emails were successfully delivered.

And now, how am I sure the telephone on their website is legit and who pays the bill for the long distance calls? It's day here, night over there.
I've lost enough, just by a single woefully wrong decision of using their service (non-service).

Also I think you should contact your credit card bank/company so they can terminate the payments to that site.

My bank can only nullify the CC and issue a new one.
I've this card tied to many (more than 10) online services, including Paypal and GoDaddy. So I'll need to go through all of them and update with new info. The least I would like to do now, just because of the mischief of one mediocre company touting itself as "Investors".
 
Last edited:
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back