Domain Empire

strategy Crazy commission rates! Enough is enough!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

levinsondomains

Established Member
Impact
Hi friends,
After one year of domaining I can't stop thinking about the crazy commissions that all of us pay to the major companies.
We work so hard, inbound, outbound, auctions, financial risks and everything else and after all we pay something like 15-20% to these companies.
I realized that there is no reason to this unusual rate. And why it's happened? Cause we are like prisoners in their platform,the big ones in this industry works in these companies and everyone go after them "on blind". After each sale we get maybe 65% of the purchased price, this is crazy!(commission+taxes+ other costs). And we are stupid, so stupid. If you stop and think about it for a minute you will understand how absolutely crazy are these rates.
Enough is enough, stop paying for this rates. If we work together we can reduce these rates, or even opening a social company for all of us. 20%!20%!WTF?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As for the topic of the thread... too many "marketplaces" are nothing more than paid landing pages.

Many join these marketplaces and pay the $10 listing fees, falsely assuming the marketplace will put specific effort into promoting their individual domain. When 100's of their names haven't sold (typically handregs) and renewals start coming due, reality hits and the individual then jumps to (yet another) new marketplace hoping for newfound riches and better sales rates. Chasing a dream set in."
-Jim

I agree marketplaces may not put effort into promoting. However sites like namejet and flippa certainly have an active group of domain buyers and there is a ton of sales volume on both those sites. So marketplaces have the volume and demand to sell a name. I just spoke to a client who says he built a product and only sells it on amazon and just now is thinking of building a brand with it. amazon has the volume to sell anything even a brand that has not yet been created. I look at marketplace volume in a similar way. They have the demand to sell even pigeon sh*t names

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back