IT.COM

.com CPU.com finally sold!

NameSilo
Watch

Ace3coiner

Top Member
Impact
CPU.com sold for $180,000 on Flippa about 10 days ago. The gem of a domain name was projected to sell for over 1m but surprisingly it sold for $180K.

Good or bad deal?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would say it's a bull$hit deal....

I dont know anyone in the industry that would pay $180k for that domain.

And I highly doubt endusers were bidding.

One million....??

LOL.

Just another day in domain paradise....

Last edited:
•••
With my little knowledge of domain names, I'll say this is a huge undersell.

•••
•••
Very low price for cpu.com. That should break the barrior of 1M.

•••
Definitely an under-priced sale.
But its the owner who wants to sell it quick for quick cash.May be he needed money.
Buyer got a very very great deal.

•••
CPU Sold for about what it's worth if it went for $180,000 that is 6 times the average 3L .com sale and that is because of it being high quality computer related. Old domain I see since 1990 which is not surprising. They probably weren't the original owner but in a case where a person was that would be fantastic ROI! Maybe, they weren't original owner but they paid like $10,000 for it in 2006 or something.

•••
Yeah I think 180k is a decent price for it. Being in the tech scene I think it's easy to assume everyone knows what CPU means but most people wouldn't so it's no box.com :)

•••
Boring low ball sale, seller needed cashflow or whatever :yawn:

•••
•••
Flippa is good marketplace for buyers, but not for sellers.

•••
In line with what we saw at the NamesCon auction, lower than average acquisitions. Several three characters sold within 20k, 30k range, this is a much better one, so much higher, but $1M hay-days are over.

•••
In line with what we saw at the NamesCon auction, lower than average acquisitions. Several three characters sold within 20k, 30k range, this is a much better one, so much higher, but $1M hay-days are over.

I don't think they're over in that there are still domains worth over $1M. I just don't think they're being shifted around nowadays and are getting/have been developed. A coup though for flippa - they're trying to play with the big boys. Definitely a place for buyers and not sellers.

Last edited:
•••
It's look like that domain previously not sold $180k. It's re-listed again by same buyer. I got email alert from Flippa.

•••
The gem of a domain name was projected to sell for over 1m but surprisingly it sold for $180K.

Good or bad deal?
BAD deal, last year that domain had a 660 bid on Namejet but did not met the reserve of 1M. Then the same owner listed for sale at Flippa twice with No success at all.
It seems that the owner is frustrated for not getting a High 6 figure bid on any marketplace...

•••
Bad timing for CPU,as it is extinct in 21st century same as Floppy disc

•••
It's look like that domain previously not sold $180k. It's re-listed again by same buyer. I got email alert from Flippa.

It was most likely bull$hit to begin with.

Just another day in the world of domains.

•••
This information appears to be incorrect. CPU.com is still very much in auction at Flippa by the original seller.

•••
CPU.com was relisted again on Flippa (Last night or earlier today)

•••
•••
Undersell, less than making an advertisement, even less than an actor can earn from a single ad or much less than earning from a movie (including India).

Last edited:
•••
Back