NameSilo

Cpanel

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jstep

www.SportsConvo.comEstablished Member
Impact
is it agreed that cpanel is the best?
or should i add plesk as an option in case they dont want cpanel?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
i think cpanel is the best. its very usefriendly and has a bucket load of optshions, however plesk and others are fast catching up.

QBert

•••
ya, i heard fantastico is really nice.

•••
Yap, cpanel is the best! :tu:
You should have a poll on this thread.

•••
fantastico is fantantastic! just a few clicks and you have installed your basic forum:) Cpanel too

•••
but why not be a wonderful host and let them have the option of cpanel or plesk??

thats like a doctor giving us the option of only breather either through your mouth or nose, but i, like everyone here, likes both, although cpanel is my first choice unless it gets clogged, then i breath through my mouth

•••
I like cPanel more than plesk mostly because I think it's price, licensing and upgrade options are a lot better, but Plesk seems to be learning that this has lost them a lot of business and is getting a lot better with a lot of things.

•••
anyone know how big the PHP code is for cPanel? ive always wanted to look at the code for something like that, it seems so big, and it prolly is, lol...

•••
its gotta be huge! So many diffeent programs in one bulk panel

•••
ya, i mean, forums alone are really really big, but i cant imagine that, lol. must have been like he biggest PHP projet ever, lol. (prolly wrong, haha)

•••
•••
i dont think cpanel is actually php progged i may be wrong though

if you can afford/get both

then do it some customers prefer plesk to cpanel so means you can have a wider customer base

•••
Plesk is nice and will one day match up with Cpanel in the near future, but I always use Cpanel.

•••
So go with cpanel for now?

•••
I would have to say that cpanel is the best. It can have fantastico integrated into it, and makes a ton of information available to the end user. The only problem I see is how some vital information about how things end up working / what the components are comprised of is scarce. For instance, take Image Magick. Is the Thumbnailer using imagemagick or gd? It does not tell you. It may tell in the documentation, but many people don't read and ignore documentation (points to self).

•••
cpanel is the best Got many good addon on it. Easy!

•••
I havent used anything but cpanel. But I can't find any reason not to use cpanel. Everything works and its very powerful.

•••
Most web designers are also familar with Cpanel and it is easy to for clients, Plesk may be a little harder to figure out and not as user friendly in my opinion. Clients will prefer Cpanel for the easiness.

•••
i will have cpanel+fantastico

Maybe when i grow add on Plesk?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back