Dynadot

cPanel or Plesk?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey friends,

What do you preffer cPanel or Plesk if you have several websites?

Actually whats the main difference?

Regards,

Awais

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I prefer cpanel probably coz I'm soo used to it.

•••
Well, the main different is probably features. Plesk is good software, but I think both cPanel and DirectAdmin offer better choices. A good analogy for Plesk is the clunky Windows feel to it, and things are sometimes tucked away. From the administrator side, Plesk "takes over" the various services to a greater degree, and tends to be a bit buggy and complex to fix when an issue does arise.

As far as multiple websites, cPanel/WHM is much easier to use (IMHO) than Plesk, and this is one of cPanel's strengths. Plesk, as of a few months ago when I last used it, lacks a true reseller setup.

•••
This really comes down to personal preference. I prefer cPanel :)

•••
cPanel hands down. Then Directadmin and if I had to choose btw a control panel or not, I would think about Plesk.

•••
cPanel for Linux hosting and Plesk for Windows hosting.

I prefer cPanel.

•••
You know I prefer when the company provides both cPanel and Plesk on their services like webhostgiant company because it gives the ability to the web master to maneuver between them depending his needs.
Just that's my thought.

•••
I prefer cpanel as someone said Plesk can get a bit cluttered and buggy.

•••
cPanel is more user friendly than Plesk. Moreover, Plesk also uses more CPU than cPanel. Moreover, cPanel's File Manager has the great futures for copying/moving files by drag & drop. This feature is yet not available in the latest version of Plesk 9.2

•••
I prefer cPanel as well.

•••
+1 for cPanel, although we tend to use command line tools packaged as scripts (sorry, old school dude ;)) on our *nix boxes. They tend to be the most efficient in terms of resource usage...

•••
cpanel is very easy to use, dont kno abt other thing

•••
It is always a personal preference and I will go for Cpanel just because I am used to it. Actually if some one who has experience with both of the panels can give you more specific comments as CrazyTech did.

•••
A complete newbir could run with Cpanel. Gets my vote.

•••
cPanel! I just love how they operate. It is also VERY user friendly as well.

I have not considered Plesk in years.

•••
A lot of people like Cpanel. But I believe that good and decent web hosting company should offer the choice for them and they will be able to chose the one they really need

•••
I suppose as result - no difference for your web site visitors. The difference in the usability. Some people might find one more comfortable and some might find another one. So far they are main differences.

•••
I've only used cpanel and can't complain one bit.

•••
Cpanel for me too. Again this has more to do with familiarity that features, most probably. But if you have a reseller account or something and access to WHM, it is clearly superior to Plesk.

•••
Why ask? cPanel all the way. I remember when I first used Plesk (6-8 years ago) everything loaded pretty slow. When I first tried cPanel I already know cPanel will be the Microsoft of Control Panels.

•••
cPanel is cheaper on annual basis compared to Plesk. However you can get good pricing on Plesk's monthly licenses. cPanel has a standard in hosting industry fro a long time and most companies which develop software for small business website owners make it compatible with cPanel.

Some people say that cPanel is easier to use than Plesk panel, but they are probably just got used to it ;)

cPanel does not support Linux SuSE. Plesk supports it. cPanel also does not support XML or similar interfaces.
With Plesk users can receive good support for automation including XML-RPC interface allowing PHP or Perl scripts to call functions from remote computer.
Plesk supports SuSE Linux.
Plesk user interface is a little bit more difficult to use compared to cPanel one...

•••
Whatever you chose that should be comfortable for you in use

•••
I have been using cpanel for long and like its interface....you should be comfortable with whatever you use, that's the point.

•••
I think both are great, but cPanel is my favorite. Interface is better in my opinion.

•••
i prefer cpanel just my choice

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back