Dynadot

Webhosting Control Panels

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cancer10

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Which one you are aware of, and which you think is the best?

I know:

Cpanel, Plesk, HELM, H-Sphere, Ensim, Hosting Controller, DirectAdmin.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I like H-Sphere (it can host both Windows and Linux), and it has a built in web host billing manager (not like Modern Bill, but it comes with the software). And the licensing fee is 1/3 of cPanel -- you can start out with a 10 licenses for $125, too.

cPanel is nice, but some features just continue to cause problems (like the BIND issue), and how it doesn't like FreeBSD <-- that may have changed since 4 months ago, but efforts to get FreeBSD and cPanel to work caused each to burp. :(

CKL

•••
•••
cPanel
Plesk
H-sphere
Helm
Ensim
Webmin
Zpanel
Direct Admin

Prefer Cpanel, Ensim and DirectAdmin

•••
Linux Fav Server managing prog CPANEL is now also featuring FANTASTICO great but the problem is small hosting plans ( upto 100 mb i guess ) feature/allow only 1 SQL database so one can either install MAMBO or PHPBB . Any suggetions for better hosting company ?

•••
I've used Cpanel,Plesk and Directadmin.

Never liked plesk, I'm not sure why just a personal thing,

Cpanel is the most popular it seems and is a good control panel although it does seem to slow some servers a bit. If I'm using a shared hosting environment I prefer Cpanel, on my own dedicated server though I use Directadmin, mailny because of cost. Directadmin is around $10 a month while Cpanel is around $25 main difference I've seen is Fantastico on Cpanel and since I have no problem installing my own scripts I don't need the Fantastico.

•••
cPanel is becomming more demanded buy many users.

•••
mwa i just switched to directadmin. This bit of software leads the rest of the marked. The price is way lower then the rest and multiply domains (not addon domains like cpanel) is awesome. All domains have their own root instead of Maindomain.addondomain in cpanel.

Troubled1 said:
I've used Cpanel,Plesk and Directadmin.

Never liked plesk, I'm not sure why just a personal thing,

Cpanel is the most popular it seems and is a good control panel although it does seem to slow some servers a bit. If I'm using a shared hosting environment I prefer Cpanel, on my own dedicated server though I use Directadmin, mailny because of cost. Directadmin is around $10 a month while Cpanel is around $25 main difference I've seen is Fantastico on Cpanel and since I have no problem installing my own scripts I don't need the Fantastico.

fantastico is availible for directadmin these days if im right

•••
Installatron is what is available for DirectAdmin and CPanel (Same thing as fantastico).

Now the question is, do you want stability (DirectAdmin) or a much more buggy peice of software (CPanel) :D.

•••
Senad said:
Installatron is what is available for DirectAdmin and CPanel (Same thing as fantastico).

Now the question is, do you want stability (DirectAdmin) or a much more buggy peice of software (CPanel) :D.

Far as bugs in Cpanel my experience seem to be more on the provider side, Not with Cpanel.

I've had hosting with Cpanel that just seem to be full of bugs but when I changed hosting companies they all went away.

Plus just look at most of your direction for script install most of them refer to Cpanel.

Steve
Steve

•••
i used Cpanel and Ensim , Cpanel is very easy to navigate and every function can be handled in some simple clicks

•••
On the hosting provider side check WHT, even CPanel providers have stated that CPanel is buggy although they are making improvements. All control panels provide the same features that CPanel does in the end. The thing is that most clients are just used to CPanel and nothing else. I mean that's why almost every panel has a CPanel look alike skin available :P.

•••
I use cPanel mainly because i find the user interface nice & easy to use. I havnt experienced many bugs myself.

Ive not really tried any others extensively... But now im sure i'll find myself doing so :)

Ta-ra.

Flubber

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back