NameSilo

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
On www.Worldometer.info , I am seeing a very large increase in new cases in countries that haven't had many new cases the last week, This virus appears to be very hot right now

•••
Which is a reputable site to know updates on spread of corona? Something which draws from WHO or similar sources?

•••
Donovan Mitchell provides update from coronavirus isolation, admits he had to 'cool off' toward Rudy Gobert

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/donova...to-cool-off-toward-rudy-gobert-160133903.html

This a concern due to this athlete being Asymtomatic , I had read a Hollywood movie star was Asymtomatic as well, while Asymtomatic is good for the person who has it, that can be brutal for the people they come in contact with.

•••
This virus appears to be very hot right now

It's just the start for most of the planet my friend. I'm afraid the point of a death a minute is not far away. Restricted movement is the only way to stop the spread...some areas are acting properly, some are not.

•••
On www.Worldometer.info , I am seeing a very large increase in new cases in countries that haven't had many new cases the last week, This virus appears to be very hot right now

Many of the recent confirmed cases in those countries are patients who traveled back from the Western countries where are experiencing virus outbreaks. It may not indicate that there are virus outbreaks in those countries.

•••
It's just the start for most of the planet my friend. I'm afraid the point of a death a minute is not far away. Restricted movement is the only way to stop the spread...some areas are acting properly, some are not.

That got me curious, how many people die each day.

"Of the roughly 150,000 people who die each day across the globe, about two thirds—100,000 per day—die of age-related causes."

So we were already at 104 a minute.

•••
•••
•••
That got me curious, how many people die each day.

"Of the roughly 150,000 people who die each day across the globe, about two thirds—100,000 per day—die of age-related causes."

So we were already at 104 a minute.

So?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Perspective

Then you would have to cite other relevant data...not general deaths (ie old age, death by ox, falling rocks, etc).

•••
Amazing how some people are ignorant to the fact that this can be a devastating disease. People comparing it to regular death rates, swine flu and regular flu just don't seem to understand that those issues don't overwhelm healthcare systems to where there is personnel and equipment shortages. Lots of misinformation spewed by clueless people acting like everyone is overreacting.

•••
Then you would have to cite other relevant data...not general deaths (ie old age, death by ox, falling rocks, etc).

Some of that was gone over earlier, like flu deaths.

Normal day in America, 7,500 deaths.

Deaths jumped up today to Coronavirus - 91

•••
Some of that was gone over earlier, like flu deaths.

Normal day in America, 7,500 deaths.

How about breaking down those 7500 for us...again, that is necessary to show a correlation. Do you see what I want you to see so badly? I hope so.

•••
How about breaking down those 7500 for us...again, that is necessary to show a correlation. Do you see what I want you to see so badly? I hope so.

In the future I'm sure we can have an interesting discussion when the amount of suicides from loss of employment, loss of business overtakes virus death. Then loss of business, jobs, economy etc.

Already supporters on Trump page:

"Pretty much every industry is hit by the Coronavirus. We all need financial help right now!"

"We can't pay our bills if we aren't allowed to work. This won't stop bills from being due."

"Please, there needs to be stimulus to our loyal service industry workers. They're going to go months without tips."

"Only if you learn to put that ignorance aside and start taking action of bailing out small businesses and larger as well your whole manufacturing and aerospace industry is about to pop! All those jobs will be lost!"'

"What about everyone else that is now missing work... how do we pay our mortgage and rent?"

Some Ask a Taboo Question: Is America Overreacting to Coronavirus?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/s...eacting-to-coronavirus/ar-BB11gh4K?li=BBnb7Kz

•••
In the future I'm sure we can have an interesting discussion when the amount of suicides from loss of employment, loss of business overtakes virus death. Then loss of business, jobs, economy etc.

"Pretty much every industry is hit by the Coronavirus. We all need financial help right now!"

"We can't pay our bills if we aren't allowed to work. This won't stop bills from being due."

"Please, there needs to be stimulus to our loyal service industry workers. They're going to go months without tips."

"Only if you learn to put that ignorance aside and start taking action of bailing out small businesses and larger as well your whole manufacturing and aerospace industry is about to pop! All those jobs will be lost!"'

"What about everyone else that is now missing work... how do we pay our mortgage and rent?"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/s...eacting-to-coronavirus/ar-BB11gh4K?li=BBnb7Kz
Ask our healthcare workers if it is overreaction. You don't decide. Our doctors, nurses and all healthcare workers on the front lines get to decide if it's a overreaction. You don't get to decide. It's not your place, clearly.

•••
Ask our healthcare workers if it is overreaction. You don't decide. Our doctors, nurses and all healthcare workers on the front lines get to decide if it's a overreaction. You don't get to decide. It's not your place, clearly.

That's great. And some doctors disagree with that, posted video earlier. Now tell that to people who are losing jobs and businesses and at times, their lives.

March should have been mass testing month. Focus on the most vulnerable, older folk with pre-existing conditions. Want to block them off, fine. But not shut down the country.

Have to get kids back in school, people back to work.

Sometimes I think we're in cure is worse than the disease territory. Could be wrong and you can disagree, time will tell.

Last edited:
•••
In the future I'm sure we can have an interesting discussion when the amount of suicides from loss of employment, loss of business overtakes virus death.

I think you may have too many things going on at once...you have landed in the wrong place...I've said nothing about politics.

Don't get combative because you make statements that don't make sense...maybe you need sleep...maybe you need coffee...I will give you the benefit of the doubt in that your deflection isn't intentional.

Over the years I had formed an opinion that you had significant intellect...but the more you rant, the more it makes you look ignorant on this subject. Before I have future conversations with you, you will have to ensure me that you are not ignorant about the subject being discussed...or at least you want to gain knowledge about that subject. In case anyone is wondering, the definition of ignorant is below...I am not attempting to be insulting. There are many subjects I am ignorant about.

"ignorant: lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing...lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated."

btw, I've taken a little time that I don't really have tonight to analyze your posts in this thread and the bottom line seems that this all scares you a little...it's okay, death scares us all to a degree. But your constant redirection speaks volumes...I will pray you find some peace with all this before it consumes you.

•••
I think you may have too many things going on at once...you have landed in the wrong place...I've said nothing about politics.

Don't get combative because you make statements that don't make sense...maybe you need sleep...maybe you need coffee...I will give you the benefit of the doubt in that your deflection isn't intentional.

Over the years I had formed an opinion that you had significant intellect...but the more you rant, the more it makes you look ignorant on this subject. Before I have future conversations with you, you will have to ensure me that you are not ignorant about the subject being discussed...or at least you want to gain knowledge about that subject. In case anyone is wondering, the definition of ignorant is below...I am not attempting to be insulting. There are many subjects I am ignorant about.

"ignorant: lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing...lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated."

btw, I've taken a little time that I don't really have tonight to analyze your posts in this thread and the bottom line seems that this all scares you a little...it's okay, death scares us all to a degree. But your constant redirection speaks volumes...I will pray you find some peace with all this before it consumes you.

I'm not combative at all, my blood pressure didn't go up 1 point posting anything, maybe yours is. Posting isn't ranting. You're only considering your own point of view. You just did a lot of typing without touching anything I actually posted. And you're actually not making any sense. This death from this virus doesn't scare me at all, I'm more looking at the reaction to it.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not combative at all, my blood pressure didn't go up 1 point posting anything, maybe yours is. Posting isn't ranting.

When you make baseless statements it is. Knock yourself out, I'll be back to play nice later or not. I will give you that control (feels good, doesn't it?).

•••
When you make baseless statements it is. Knock yourself out, I'll be back to play nice later or not. I will give you that control (feels good, doesn't it?).

Quote the baseless statement. Back your post up, don't run away. Like I said, we simply can have different views.

@Mister Funsky since you wanted a stat, I'll throw one out.

In America we have 36,338 deaths from falls a year, That's about 100 a day.

Total Coronavirus deaths - 91

Last edited:
•••
IMO, the end user domain sales market appears to be dead at this time due to coronavirus related stuff and bearish stock market and don't see how it can possibly get better anytime soon.

Last edited:
•••
IMO, the end user domain sales market appears to be dead at this time and I don't see how it can possibly get better anytime soon.

In the current uncertain economic scenario, not everyone is going to buy domains names. They will look forward to survival first.

Like anything, it will fall and rise again. So, wait it out. Drop names which you cannot afford to renew. Or sell at a minimum profit.

•••
To all members of NP
Why Mr. Rick S. sold ACRepair .com with 1.5 mil. $ ?
1. Because he can
2. Because smart guys don't give a s*** on this disease & life goes one & will go one
3.Why we still have advertising on Tv , street for goods if is so "pandemic" & people ( weak people & naive ) think is end of the world ?
To much movie's with zombies
Guys! Wake up , it's a political thing
And yes no one cry for those people who die for regular flu ( 500k / anual) , no one cry for people who die in accident cars ( 250 k/anual) , no one cry for that 7 million abortions / year - and no quarantine or emergency state/country in any state/country on this planet . Conclusion - we are just numbers for them

Last edited:
•••
IMO, the end user domain sales market appears to be dead at this time due to coronavirus related stuff and bearish stock market and don't see how it can possibly get better anytime soon.

Depends where you're at financially. I'm sure when it went bad in 2008 on, some people who had some money, went into buy mode.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back