IT.COM

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Stopping before that " feeling full" moment also will do.

yes! true.
stopping before we overeat is better than overeating.
but not as good as doing a fast now and then to clean house a bit.
casue most houses need cleaning.

most foods we eat from shelves are not even fit for eating or food per se.
we'd be better off eating dirt or not eating at all. than eating a lot of the packaged crap from supermarkets.. the only reason we can even swallow them is cause they got artificial colors and flavors all over.

Last edited:
•••
•••
welll for anyone wondering how corona is affecting domaining.. here is a first glance.. straight off dynadot page:

Attention: Due to the impact of COVID-19 on our local offices, we will temporarily not accept check and money order payments. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

•••
Cyber warfare has been going on for many years and I believe China is at the top of the current list. I've got several things running, but the link below has some information about the countries most responsible but it is a little dated.

https://www.bba.org.uk/wp-content/u...countries+where+attacks+originate+-++2015.pdf

ADD: I just found out a short while ago, my niece has shown signs of improvement in the last couple hours...woohoo!

China absolutely, I agree, the thing I see most concerning in reference to hacking is our electric grids , I am sure between China, North Korea and Russia , they could nuke our internet, we could do the same to them so it would make no sense for anyone to go that route.

I feel we are in a very pivotal moment right now with this virus, I think the more quarantine that takes place, the better, although a lot of things that may take place in a nationwide quarantine may seem against our civil liberties, I support city, state and government in the effort to contain this virus.

we are in a time right now that we have to trust our government agencies to protect us by any means necessary, I just hope that we don’t have to shut all the states down all at one time. I think our ultimate outcome and economy outcome will depend on smart precise moves by our leaders.

•••
We are officially closed over here in Jordan. Last flight arrived 2 hours ago.

4000+ were sent to quarantine today, straight from the airport.

Our equivalent of martial law could be imposed any day now.

Our measures are extreme because we are a small country & we just have to, to be honest.

Scary times.

•••
We are officially closed over here in Jordan. Last flight arrived 2 hours ago.

4000+ were sent to quarantine today, straight from the airport.

Our equivalent of martial law could be imposed any day now.

Our measures are extreme because we are a small country & we just have to, to be honest.

Scary times.

very scary times my friend, but I think your country of Jordan is doing the right thing, it is protecting its citizens from anything foreign or domestic, martial law and the likes of is unknown territory for most of us , Jordan is a great country, I feel you are in very good hands.

•••
very scary times my friend, but I think your country of Jordan is doing the right thing, it is protecting its citizens from anything foreign or domestic, martial law and the likes of is unknown territory for most of us , Jordan is a great country, I feel you are in very good hands.

Most of us Jordanians feel it is the only option. We know that because our economy is weak, & because the less fortunate are the majority, we have to do what it takes to protect ourselves.

We will survive this Inshallah/God willing. So will the entire world I hope.

•••
Most of us Jordanians feel it is the only option. We know that because our economy is weak, & because the less fortunate are the majority, we have to do what it takes to protect ourselves.

We will survive this Inshallah/God willing. So will the entire world I hope.

plz take care of the women there... its no time for politics but we all know jordan and egypt do not offer best conditions for women! al the best.. be safe!

•••
A "Game of Thrones" actor is the latest celebrity to say he's been diagnosed with the coronavirus.

In a post made to Instagram on Monday, actor Kristofer Hivju, who played Tormund Giantsbane on the HBO series, said he tested positive for Covid-19.

Hivju, a Norwegian actor, said he and his family are self-isolating upon the news.

bane.jpg

•••
plz take care of the women there... its no time for politics but we all know jordan and egypt do not offer best conditions for women! al the best.. be safe!

We are a developing country, things for women are getting better everyday , & we will all work towards bettering the lives of Jordanian women. They are our mothers, daughters, wives, sisters etc & we will eventually set an example for other developing countries.

Just like the west in general has had certain dark periods they needed generations to get rid of, we will get there.

I personally can teach a few westerners a few things about how women should be treated, as I cherish those in my life. :xf.wink:

•••
We are a developing country, things for women are getting better everyday , & we will all work towards bettering the lives of Jordanian women. They are our mothers, daughters, wives, sisters etc & we will eventually set an example for other developing countries.

Just like the west in general has had certain dark periods they needed generations to get rid of, we will get there.

I personally can teach a few westerners a few things about how women should be treated, as I cherish those in my life. :xf.wink:

yes for sure.. I wasn't talking about you.. or anyone specific. just the overall reputation jordan has visavis women.. jordan makes all the top10 lists of worst women treatment on the internet. I am sure it'll change in future. some countries just take longer to get rid of old bad habits. cheers.

•••
•••
yes for sure.. I wasn't talking about you.. or anyone specific. just the overall reputation jordan has visavis women.. jordan makes all the top10 lists of worst women treatment on the internet. I am sure it'll change in future. some countries just take longer to get rid of old bad habits. cheers.

We know there's a problem, we will solve it as a society. Maybe it'll take time to show on the internet, but I promise you we are taking action.

Lots of reasons behind that, poverty, bad economy, people not being exposed, some bad habits like you said. I am not making excuses, at all. We will take care of it.

Again, just like you took care of other "bad habits".

For now, lets keep our women healthy & safe. Yours & ours. :xf.smile:

•••
We know there's a problem, we will solve it as a society. Maybe it'll take time to show on the internet, but I promise you we are taking action.

Lots of reasons behind that, poverty, bad economy, people not being exposed, some bad habits like you said. I am not making excuses, at all. We will take care of it.

Again, just like you took care of other "bad habits".

For now, lets keep our women healthy & safe. Yours & ours. :xf.smile:

thats the spirit.
just let me know when you run for president and i'll come to jordan to vote for you.
i have a nice beard. it might work.
cheers ;)

•••
thats the spirit.
just let me know when you run for president and i'll come to jordan to vote for you.
i have a nice beard. it might work.
cheers ;)

Why would the beard help? Because we are Muslims?

Hmmm, I think you better come for a visit first, you'll learn things not available on the internet.

Then maybe you'll return to cast your vote. ;)

•••
Why would the beard help? Because we are Muslims?

Hmmm, I think you better come for a visit first, you'll learn things not available on the internet.

Then maybe you'll return to cast your vote. ;)

yes, i have no citizenship there.. so I was making joke that maybe with my nice beard they'd forget to ask me for citizenship card before voting.

i don't care if your muslim or not.. cause I do not care for any religion... becuase religion is the biggest evil of this world... resposinble for countless deaths past present future and countless wars.... but I am pretty sure I am accurate in saying that many men there have beards... hence my joke.... but feel free to correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:
•••
yes, i have no citizenship there.. so I was making joke that maybe with my nice beard they'd forget to ask me for citizenship card before voting.

i don't care if your muslim or not.. cause I do not care for any religion... becuase religion is the biggest evil of this world... but I am pretty sure I am accurate in saying that many men there have beards... hence my joke.... but feel free to correct me if im wrong.

Those dedicated to a religious life/ like Imams in mosques, yes sure, they grow a beard. Just like Orthodox Christian priests & Jewish Hakhams. Nothing wrong with that.

Some others do, but many many don't.

I don't have one, although i'm a practicing Muslim.

You can find me on LinkedIn, Brandpa Slack & Branders Union slack, Mohammad Shahin. You'll see a Mohammad, without a beard:ahhh:

The beard is just your misconception. Yes it is linked to Islam, just like the Orthodox Christian beard is to resemble Christ.

I don't care either, whether you care for religion or not.

:xf.smile:

•••
Those dedicated to a religious life/ like Imams in mosques, yes sure, they grow a beard. Just like Orthodox Christian priests & Jewish Hakhams. Nothing wrong with that.

Some others do, but many many don't.

I don't have one, although i'm a practicing Muslim.

You can find me on LinkedIn, Brandpa Slack & Branders Union slack, Mohammad Shahin. You'll see a Mohammad, without a beard:ahhh:

The beard is just your misconception. Yes it is linked to Islam, just like the Orthodox Christian beard is to resemble Christ.

I don't care either, whether you care for religion or not.

:xf.smile:

yes, me either.. i do not care whether you care for religion or not either.
or if you have beard.

i wasn't really suggestin that I have a misconception regarding beards in jordan.
i do not want to pretend I know jordan better than you, but I Am still going to say that I believe there are more men in jordan with beard than without beard. or maybe its just wishful thinking cause I like beards very much.. and I believe there is a name for a person without a beard... ie: a woman.

•••
Good education ^ ...beard or no beard, we're all headed down 'sh*t creek", so grab a paddle.

•••
Good education ^ ...beard or no beard, we're all headed down 'sh*t creek", so grab a paddle.

yes but if you have a beard, you may be warmer in antarctica.. and antarcitca is the only place which is corona free.

•••
yes, me either.. i do not care whether you care for religion or not either.
or if you have beard.

i wasn't really suggestin that I have a misconception regarding beards in jordan.
i do not want to pretend I know jordan better than you, but I Am still going to say that I believe there are more men in jordan with beard than without beard. or maybe its just wishful thinking cause I like beards very much.. and I believe there is a name for a person without a beard... ie: a woman.
:banghead:

•••
•••
•••
'All is well'. In Italy, triage and lies for virus patients

Even if there is no chance, he says, you have to “look a patient in the face and say, ‘All is well.’ And this lie destroys you.”

The most devastating medical crisis in Italy since World War Two is forcing doctors, patients and their families to make decisions that Resta, a former military doctor, said he has not experienced even in war. As of Monday, 2,158 people had died and 27,980 been infected by coronavirus in Italy – the second highest number of reported cases and deaths in the world behind China.

•••
'All is well'. In Italy, triage and lies for virus patients

Even if there is no chance, he says, you have to “look a patient in the face and say, ‘All is well.’ And this lie destroys you.”

The most devastating medical crisis in Italy since World War Two is forcing doctors, patients and their families to make decisions that Resta, a former military doctor, said he has not experienced even in war. As of Monday, 2,158 people had died and 27,980 been infected by coronavirus in Italy – the second highest number of reported cases and deaths in the world behind China.

I pray for the Italians, They are beginning to suffer badly, God Bless Italy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back