NameSilo

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let's try this for maybe the 10th time. Why is the minority that are unvaccinated making up almost all of the COVID hospitalizations and deaths?

Are you serious? They were not vaccinated. Probably wore mask too.

Why the massive disconnect in percentages?

Did you care to share an explanation, other than the vaccine being highly effective?

Brad

Have I ever said any of the vaccines were ineffective? No.

I said mask are worse than no mask and there are drugs that have been effective in helping people recover from the China virus.

•••
The liberal intellectual consensus:
1) A virus a factor of 10 smaller than the flu virus can be stopped by a woven cloth mask.

Moron logic.

Masks can't stop a virus (that bonds to molecules) but they can somehow block carbon dioxide going out and oxygen coming in.

The coronavirus is about 0.1 microns wide? A molecule of carbon dioxide is about 0.00033 microns wide, and oxygen is about the same—almost a thousand times smaller.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Have I ever said any of the vaccines were ineffective? No.

Good starting point at least. Masks wouldn't even be a debate if we reached herd immunity.

Brad

•••
Moron logic.

Masks can't stop a virus (that bonds to molecules) but they can somehow block oxygen coming in. Atoms are many orders of magnitude smaller than the virus.

Brad

You being purposely obtuse. Masking interfere with breathing because the cause resistance. They become dirty and do not fit well.

•••
Good starting point at least. Masks wouldn't even be a debate if we reached herd immunity.

Brad

Now if we could just get you to stop watching MSNBC.

•••
Joe Biden is trying to distract you from the flood of illegal migration at our southern border, massive inflation, unemployment and his disaster in AF by demonizing Americans who have not been vaccinated.

Question is; are you dumb enough to believe him.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
You being purposely obtuse. Masking interfere with breathing because the cause resistance. They become dirty and do not fit well.

also .. our mouth is the dirtiest part of our body .. it holds tons of bacteria .. our mouths are dirtier than our rear end .. imagine the amount of pure funk a person would breath in if they wear a mask 8 hours in a day … i didn’t wear a mask except to go into a grocery store or restaurant… but I am glad I no longer wear a mask at all

•••
41 million cases of covid 19 .. deaths 660 thousand …

you have a far better chance of getting killed in an automobile accident on your way to go get a covid - 19 vaccine

•••
41 million cases of covid 19 .. deaths 660 thousand …

you have a far better chance of getting killed in an automobile accident on your way to go get a covid - 19 vaccine

Wrong. You can't just make up numbers, without proper sources.

On average, there are 6 million car accidents in the U.S. every year. That's roughly 16,438 per day. Of these crashes, 22,471 caused only property damage. Over 37,000 Americans die in automobile crashes per year.

Based on a population of 330M.

COVID Deaths (in a year and a half) - 660,000
Car Accident Deaths (in a year and a half) - 55,500

You are almost 12x more likely to die of COVID than a car accident in the same time period.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The unvaccinated people are filling the hospitals from COVID, causing other parties to suffer now.

Alabama man dies of cardiac event after 43 hospitals with full ICUs turned him away

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...spitals-full-icus-turn-away-covid/8281712002/

our local news had an honest broadcast the other night … they said the hospital is at full capacity … no .. they have plenty of beds .. they don’t have the staff to take on more patients … they lack enough staff .. not beds to accommodate …

then when looking back .. I saw several reports of hospitals laying off staff ? During a pandemic ?? Lay off medical staff … make sense ???

•••
Wrong. You can just make up numbers, without proper sources.

On average, there are 6 million car accidents in the U.S. every year. That's roughly 16,438 per day. Of these crashes, 22,471 caused only property damage. Over 37,000 Americans die in automobile crashes per year.

I didn’t put any numbers under the auto accident deaths .. just the covid - 19 … check out the post again …

my point being … covid is bad .. yes .. but 41 million vs 660 thousand deaths ???
I won’t put a percentage on that … you tell me the death percentage Brad

Last edited:
•••
I didn’t put any numbers under the auto accident .. just the covid - 19 … check out the post again …

my point being … covid is bad .. yes .. but 41 million vs 660 thousand deaths ???
I won’t put a percentage on that … you tell me the death percentage Brad

That statement is objectively false. The actual data confirms it.

In the same time frame you are 12x more likely to die of COVID than in a car accident.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

That statement is objectively false. The actual data confirm it.
In the same time frame you are 12x more likely to die of COVID than in a car accident.

Brad

ok .. I was wrong .. bad source … but what is percentage of dying from covid as opposed to getting covid ??

Last edited:
•••
ok .. I was wrong .. bad source … but what is percentage of deaths from covid - -9

12x higher than car accidents. You can take the total population and divide by total deaths.

330M / 660,000. 1 in 500 odds of dying of COVID.
330M / 55,500. 1 in 5,945 odds of dying in a car accident.

Cars actually provide a functional purpose though, and accidents are only so avoidable. COVID has no functional purpose.

Car accidents are also a relatively stable number, where there is no limit to how bad COVID could theoretically get. The gap will keep growing as COVID deaths far outnumber car accident deaths daily.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
12x higher than car accidents. You can take the total population and divide by total deaths.

Brad

ok … covid is 12x higher death rate than a car accident ..

but what is death percentage of covid - 19 vs getting covid - 19 ????

•••

330M / 660,000. 1 in 500 odds of dying of COVID.
330M / 55,500. 1 in 5,945 odds of dying in a car accident.

Cars actually provide a functional purpose though, and accidents are only so avoidable. COVID has no functional purpose.

Car accidents are also a relatively stable number, where there is no limit to how bad COVID could theoretically get. The gap will keep growing as COVID deaths far outnumber car accident deaths daily.

Brad

see .. the 1 in 500 is like that study of 3x more likely .. all I want to know is the % of people who get covid 19 vs people who die from covid 19 ???

•••
ok … covid is 12x higher death rate than a car accident ..

but what is death percentage of covid - 19 vs getting covid - 19 ????

41M total cases. 660,000 total deaths.
It has about a 1.6% death rate.

That is extraordinarily high for a disease some people say is "like the regular flu."

Brad

Last edited:
•••
41M total cases. 660,000 total deaths.
It has about a 1.6% death rate.

Brad

thank you sir … so 1.6% people die from covid -19 … 1.6% out of 100% … so Joe Biden is going to have people fired from their livelihood for a 1.6% chance of dying from a virus … when you look at the percentage chance of dying from covid 19 .. it doesn’t look anything like 1 in 500 .. would you agree with that ???

Australia will strip every freedom you have for 1.6%

Last edited:
•••
•••
thank you sir … so 1.6% people die from covid -19 … 1.6% out of 100% … so Joe Biden is going to have people fired from their livelihood for a 1.6% chance of dying from a virus … when you look at the percentage chance of dying from covid 19 .. it doesn’t look anything like 1 in 500 .. would you agree with that ???

Australia will strip every freedom you have for 1.6%

You are mixing a bunch of different statistics together.

There are 330M people in the US. There are 41M total cases.
The number is likely higher as many people are positive and not tested.

So far the numbers show you have a 12% chance of getting COVID (so far).
That is simply total cases divided by total people.

If you get COVID you have a 1.6% chance to die. That is total deaths divided by total cases.
That % obviously moves up or down depending on your age group and health.

The total deaths divided by total people is a 1 in 500 overall chance having died of COVID (so far).

The numbers though keeps going up with Delta strain.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
COVID, especially Delta, is in another league on every metric vs. the regular flu.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/flu.htm

Influenza -

Number of deaths: 5,902
Deaths per 100,000 population: 1.8

the thing is … we have to go by the % of risk of death .. if we speculate .. then we are kinda guessing what might be .. not what is .. the MU variant is out now .. it may or may not be a badass .. more mutation and variants are likely .. but we won’t know that or have any % until they get here …

•••
the thing is … we have to go by the % of risk of death .. if we speculate .. then we are kinda guessing what might be .. not what is .. the MU variant is out now .. it may or may not be a badass .. more mutation and variants are likely .. but we won’t know that or have any % until they get here …

Well, let's extrapolate the influenza stats over a year and a half to match COVID stats.

COVID - 660,000 deaths.
Influenza (adjusted) - 8,853 deaths.

Odds of dying from COVID 1 in 500.
Odds of dying from Influenza 1 in 37,275.

The mortality rate for COVID is more than 74x influenza.

No one is speculating. This is raw data analysis.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
You are mixing a bunch of different statistics together.

There are 330M people in the US. There are 41M total cases.
The number is likely higher as many people are positive and not tested.

So far the numbers show you have a 12% chance of getting COVID (so far).
That is simply total cases divided by total people.

If you get COVID you have a 1.6% chance to die. That is total deaths divided by total cases.
That % obviously moves up or down depending on your age group and health.

The total deaths divided by total people is a 1 in 500 overall chance having died of COVID (so far).

The numbers though keeps going up with Delta strain.

Brad

of course .. the elderly and people with medical conditions and ect .. they say are more likely to die from covid .. but the % a cross the board stays the same at this time .. 1.6% chance of dying .. that is a very low percentage … if we had Ebola .. it would most likely be between 40% and 50% death percentage…

•••
of course .. the elderly and people with medical conditions and ect .. they say are more likely to die from covid .. but the % a cross the board stays the same at this time .. 1.6% chance of dying .. that is a very low percentage … if we had Ebola .. it would most likely be between 40% and 50% death percentage…

If Ebola spread as easily as COVID it would have been the end of modern humanity essentially.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back