Dynadot

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This is really heartbreaking to read.

Those of us who know the substantial risks do all we can to inform our loved ones and friends, but ultimately it is a free-will choice what we take into our bodies.

It is completely free will .. and the use of common sense God gives people... a vaccine isn’t made in less than one year ... tested correctly and ready for use .. most people know that .. it’s a choice with these vaccines

Last edited:
•••
It is completely free will .. and the use of common sense God gives people... a vaccine isn’t made in less than one year ... tested correctly and ready for use .. most people know that .. it’s a choice with these vaccines

Yes - even those who ordinarily love vaccines understand the RED FLAGS of this basic premise.

•••
Yes - even those who ordinarily love vaccines understand the RED FLAGS of this basic premise.

they do ... but once they have taken the covid vaccine they begin to justify it because they have now taken it.. it’s a major decision to make IMO .. not just .. everyone is taking it .. so will I

•••
Current Covid19 death numbers as of 8:00 am EST are below, primarily from the source in the original post (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus). If your country of interest is not listed below, simply go to the link above to do a search for relevant information.

Total: 3,136,719
United States: 586,611
Brazil: 392,204
India: 197,894
Russia: 108,980
United Kingdom: 127,434
France: 103,256
Italy: 119,539
Spain: 77,738
Mexico: 215,113
Poland: 65,897
South Africa: 54,186
Indonesia: 44,939
Netherlands: 17,062
Canada: 24,024
Chile: 25,975
Belgium: 24,065
Philippines: 16,916
Japan : 10,004
Bolivia: 12,861
Papua New Guinea: 105

•••
•••
Pfizer is testing a pill that, if successful, could become first-ever home cure for COVID-19

Classed as a 'protease inhibitor', it has been formulated to attack the "spine" of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and stop it replicating in our nose, throats and lungs.

At two anonymous Pfizer buildings, one in the U.S. and one in Belgium, a remarkable experiment is under way. Up to 60 volunteers, all clean-living adults aged between 18 and 60, are being given the first pill specifically designed to stop Covid-19.

pill.jpg

If the trial is successful, it is just possible a home cure for Covid-19 will become available later this year. U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who announced the formation of an “Antivirals Taskforce” last week specifically to invest in such products, will no doubt be scanning his text messages for early updates.

The molecule being tested is a bespoke antiviral code-named PF-07321332. Classed as a “protease inhibitor”, it has been formulated to attack the “spine” of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and stop it replicating in our nose, throats and lungs. It was protease inhibitors that turned the tide on the spread of HIV in the UK and around the world. Now researchers hope they may be on the brink of a similar pandemic-busting breakthrough.

•••
As Covid sweeps India, experts say cases and deaths are going unreported

(CNN)India, home to the world's worst ongoing coronavirus outbreak, has reported more than 17.6 million cases since the pandemic began last year.

But the real number, experts fear, could be up to 30 times higher -- meaning more than half a billion cases.
Health workers and scientists in India have long warned that Covid-19 infections and related deaths are significantly underreported for several reasons, including poor infrastructure, human error, and low testing levels.

Health workers and scientists in India have long warned that Covid-19 infections and related deaths are significantly underreported for several reasons, including poor infrastructure, human error, and low testing levels.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/27/india/india-covid-underreporting-intl-hnk-dst/index.html

•••
•••
Britain ‘no longer in a pandemic’ thanks to vaccines cutting Covid by 90%, experts say

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britain-no-longer-pandemic-thanks-23966406

"Britain is no longer in a Covid pandemic thanks to the huge vaccine roll out cutting infection rates by 90%, experts have said.

In a new real-world study of the impact of vaccination on the general population, experts found that the vaccine rollout is having a major impact on cutting both symptomatic and asymptomatic cases.

For the first time in six months, the virus has dropped to being the third biggest killer in England and according to data from the study, the jab is helping to cut infection rates and could even be helping to cut transmission.

By taking just one dose of either the Pfizer of AstraZeneca vaccines, there is a two-thirds drop in coronavirus cases and it is 74 per cent effective against symptomatic infection.

The study is based on data from the national Covid Infection Survey, which is run by the University of Oxford and the Office for National Statistics.

Sarah Walker, professor of medical statistics and epidemiology at Oxford and chief investigator on the survey, told The Telegraph that Britain had “moved from a pandemic to an endemic situation”.

Over 33 million Brits have had a first dose of the vaccine, with more than 10.7 million having had a second."

Last edited:
•••
U.S. to share 60 million doses of AstraZeneca Covid vaccine with other countries

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...strazeneca-covid-vaccine-doses-other-n1265398

"WASHINGTON — The United States plans to ship its stockpile of millions of AstraZeneca vaccine doses overseas, a move aimed at helping other countries struggling with a lack of doses to vaccinate their populations.

White House Covid-19 adviser Andy Slavitt said in a tweet Monday that 60 million doses of the vaccine would be sent to other countries “as soon as they become available.”

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said no doses will be shared until the Food and Drug Administration has concluded its review, which should take several more weeks. She said the U.S. currently has 10 million doses and expects an additional 50 million to be delivered by the company during May and June."

•••
Do I need a mask outdoors? CDC says certain activities are safe for fully vaccinated people

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...oors-cdc-says-certain-activities-are-n1265452

"Outdoor activities are safe without masks — regardless of whether a person is vaccinated — as long as people are either alone or with immediate family members, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday. And fully vaccinated people can gather safely outdoors without masks in small groups.

The new guidance is part of an update from the agency on what activities are safest for Americans, depending on whether they are fully vaccinated; that is, those who are two weeks out from their last dose of Covid-19 vaccine."

•••
COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy: Understandable and irrational

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-04-covid-vaccine-hesitancy-irrational.html

"There are also risks that are remote and vastly outweighed by the rewards, but lots of people don't see it that way.

Yes, we're talking about COVID-19 vaccination.

The pandemic has claimed about 570,000 lives in the U.S., or nearly 1 in every 600 people. Untold millions who have recovered from COVID-19, including those not sick enough to be hospitalized, are suffering physical, psychiatric, and neurological aftereffects, as well as an increased risk of death. Public health officials worldwide agree the only way to turn this awful tide is with vaccination.

Yet surveys show big swaths of the American public are reluctant or flat out refuse to get one of the three authorized vaccines, even though the shots are way more effective and safer than public health experts dared hope a year ago.

Some of the resistance is political; 40% of Republicans have consistently told pollsters they do not plan to be vaccinated. But lots of other factors, including mistaken beliefs and gut feelings, also play a role.
Philadelphia pediatrician Robert Selig sees willful ignorance behind some opt-outs. A 25-year-old patient whom Selig has known since birth declared he wasn't getting vaccinated because he was at low risk of severe COVID-19 and heard that the mRNA vaccines could damage his genes—an internet canard that has been wholly debunked.

"I wanted to say, 'That's ridiculous,' " recalled Selig, head of Andorra Pediatrics. "I tried to explain the importance—that it's not only about him getting the virus, but him spreading it to someone who might get sicker. I was surprised to hear someone his age and intelligence talking that way."

•••
Last edited:
•••
Do I need a mask outdoors? CDC says certain activities are safe for fully vaccinated people

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...oors-cdc-says-certain-activities-are-n1265452

"Outdoor activities are safe without masks — regardless of whether a person is vaccinated — as long as people are either alone or with immediate family members, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday. And fully vaccinated people can gather safely outdoors without masks in small groups.

The new guidance is part of an update from the agency on what activities are safest for Americans, depending on whether they are fully vaccinated; that is, those who are two weeks out from their last dose of Covid-19 vaccine."

6 year olds see through this propaganda.
You still have time to make right with God Sutruk
You'll be kicking yourself in your life review when you realize you have been working for the devil if you don't adjust your focus soon IMHO

27ae4241-snapshot_6947.png

Last edited:
•••
:xf.grin: We all know who is the most ridiculous conspiracy theory spreader troll... :xf.wink:

I don't know.... there's so many conspiracy cultists on here to choose from, and I have so many of them blocked... :xf.laugh::ROFL:

•••
Last edited:
•••
I don't know.... there's so many conspiracy cultists on here to choose from, and I have so many of them blocked... :xf.laugh::ROFL:

You're just an innocent sheep caught in the crossfire between good & evil, not a conspirator per se,

Why block your fellow man who wants to help you?

Last edited:
•••
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/...nly-want-you-if-you-didnt-get-vaccinated.html

Miami private school to teachers, staff: We only want you if you didn’t get vaccinated

"Centner Academy, a private school with campuses in the Design District and Edgewater founded by two wealthy parents, has warned its staff against taking vaccines that prevent COVID-19 and said it would not employ anyone who has taken the vaccine......"

Many wealthy people and many politicians don't vax don't ya know....

Last edited:
•••

I unblock just to read the latest tabloids, lol :xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh:

We live in a clown world.

•••
•••
How you can stand the stink of all their bs....

Patience...if taken in small doses with filters, it's manageable. :xf.wink:

I try to have an open mind to all possibilities and don't discount the validity of an argument before doing my own due diligence. There are two sides to every coin, and we all have much to learn. MSM is not the end-all be-all ...verify sources. IMO, by respectfully sharing reason and insight we can all be better informed. :glasses:

At some point one has to choose to make a decision, be confident in that choice and accept the consequences.

•••
Last edited:
•••
All hospitals should do the same as these Houston hospitals and make their workers mandatory to receive the Covid-19 vaccine. You cannot work in a Hospital taking care of patients while spreading the virus to them.

COVID-19 vaccinations now mandatory for Houston Methodist hospital workers

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-04-covid-vaccinations-mandatory-houston-methodist.html

(HealthDay)—All 26,000 Houston Methodist workers must get a COVID-19 shot by June 7 or risk losing their jobs, making it the first U.S. hospital system to make vaccination mandatory.

Managers at the system were required to get their vaccinations by April 15, CBS News reported.

"Mandating the vaccine was not a decision we made lightly, but science has proven that the COVID-19 vaccines are very safe and very effective," Marc Boom, M.D., Houston Methodist president and CEO, told employees on Friday in an emailed message, CBS News reported. "Like I say to everyone who asks—whether they are reporters, the public, patients, or our employees, it is our sacred obligation to do everything possible to keep our patients safe. By choosing to be vaccinated, you are leaders—showing our colleagues in health care what must be done to protect our patients, ourselves, our families, and our communities."

Boom also noted that he has "spoken to countless hospital leaders across the country who plan to mandate COVID-19 vaccination soon."

Last edited:
•••
India tops 200,000 dead as virus surge breaks health system

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-04-india-tops-dead-virus-surge.html

"India crossed a grim milestone Wednesday of 200,000 people lost to the coronavirus as a devastating surge of new infections tears through dense cities and rural areas alike and overwhelms health care systems on the brink of collapse.

The health ministry reported a single-day record 3,293 COVID-19 deaths in the last 24 hours, bringing India's total fatalities to 201,187, as the world's second most populous country endures its darkest chapter of the pandemic yet.

The country also reported 362,757 new infections, a new global record, which raised the overall total past 17.9 million. The previous high of 350,000 on Monday had capped a five-day streak of recording the largest single-day increases in any country throughout the pandemic.

For the past week, more than 2,000 Indians have died every day.

India thought it had weathered the worst of the pandemic last year, but the virus is now racing through its population and systems are beginning to collapse.

Hospitalizations and deaths have reached record highs, overwhelming health care workers. Patients are suffocating because hospitals' oxygen supplies have run out. Desperate family members are sending SOS messages on social media, hoping someone would help them find oxygen cylinders, empty hospital beds and critical drugs for their loved ones.

Health experts say huge gatherings during Hindu festivals and mammoth election rallies in some states have accelerated the unprecedented surge India is seeing now."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back