Dynadot

Country Specific Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

I want to buy country specific domain names - but would like to do it them all through one registar is there anyone online that provides this service?

Thanks

Andy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
for European and Asian names Eurodns.com has a quite comprehensive offer.
I have a bunch of ccTLDs too and my experience is that having a single registrar is not always a good thing. It may seem more convenient but sometimes you end up paying too much.
Do your own research to have a realistic idea of ccTLD prices. Read the fine print: some extensions are difficult to transfer or involve some bureaucracy. As a rule country extensions are often less flexible than .com so choose your registrar carefully

•••
com.au are really expensive way more then a .com .net

•••
Andy what TLDs are you interested in ?

•••
He's interested in country-based domain names. I remembered seeing a list somewhere on NP. Search for it.

•••
Make sure you read up on the specific rules for registering each different ccTLD you want AndyTempest, there are a lot of rules to obey about some.

•••
I suggest you register them on different registrars, since as the saying goes, don't put all your eggs in one basket. :)

And some registrars offer a lower price for a particular ccTLD but a higher price on another. So it's probably best to deal with different registrars.

•••
Momo said:
And some registrars offer a lower price for a particular ccTLD but a higher price on another. So it's probably best to deal with different registrars.

agreed. having a single registrar will cost you a lot more....

•••
yoshiwara said:
agreed. having a single registrar will cost you a lot more....
But is more convient.

•••
jmweb said:
But is more convient.

spending a lot more money is convenient? :|

•••
jmweb said:
But is more convient.
But if something goes wrong in a registar, then all your domains are affected.

•••
kraam said:
com.au are really expensive way more then a .com .net
Err No they Aren't
.com.au and .net.au
IF you Qualify,then the retail price is $35USD or Less for 2 years

Only places that have them dearer than that are Rip-offs
Normal Australian W'sale price is $30 USD for 2 years
which is cheaper than a lot of the other ccTLD's like .CC and .TV
Usual Price for .com & .net
Is somewhere between $16USD - $20USD for 2 years
unless on promo or deals

AND as A final warning , DO not be tempted to Buy .com.au's unless for
legal AUSTRALIAN business related activities.There is no legal Doamin Name Speculation in Australian ccTLD's . You will lose the names in a dispute.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back