NameSilo

Could you ditch your smartphone for one year ?!

Labeled as FREE in More Free Stuff started by Saeid Nejati, Dec 26, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Saeid Nejati

Saeid Nejati NamesInvestor.com VIP

Hi Community ,

Vitaminwater is offering $100,000 to one person who can go without their smartphone for an entire year. Contest entries will be accepted on Twitter and Instagram until midnight ET on January 8, 2019. The selected contestant will be provided with a "1996-era cellular telephone" and an accompanying phone plan to use for one year. A lie-detector test will help determine whether they stuck to the rules for the full 365 days. If you think this could be you, get applying!

Is it really possible to do this ? If yes what problems may the participant encounter ? What advises do you have for him/her to forget about his/her smartphone ? It seems really challenging, doesn't it ?

Contest rules here

Thanks to @johname who posted it first in namepros.

vitaminwater.jpg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. AGAME

AGAME Top Member VIP

I could do that in a heartbeat! I am at the point where I hate my cell phone!! Not a problem.

3. lock

lock Traffic.tools VIP

agreed easy 100k so easy in fact i would need to sign up to social media to participate.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  4. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator

No way. All of my critical domaining contact stuff goes to a gmail account which goes to my phone.

Likewise I host hundreds of websites on many servers and any alerts go to my phone.

5. dande

dande Premium Domain Names VIP

It's a contest. So, the possibility of not winning the $100k is high, even after you have ditched your smartphone for one year. That would be a huge loss.

If it were to be outright $100k each rewards for every participant, then it will be worth playing.

6. Drongy

Drongy Established Member

In our country, to use internet banking, you have to verify it through a ID verification app, so unless I literally do not log into my bank or do payments, then yes.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: