IT.COM

Correction: Efty Did NOT Raise Their Price.

NameSilo
Watch

Winfluence

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
CORRECTION: this post was made in error. Apologies for the confusion. I had a misunderstanding about an email about my change in service thinking there was a change in pricing and it prompted me to question if I needed the to use Efty landers anymore, considering there are free lander options. This was misleading because the change was due to my increase in domains using Efty's service. I had more than my basic plan's limit for over a year, so I didn't make that association, mistakenly thinking it was a general change in their service plans for all their customers. I should have confirmed this before posting.
____

I just got an email notification that my service was switched over from "basic" to "growth" which costs 4 dollars more than my original service. I have used Efty for a year or two now, but I don't think they offer much other than very basic landing pages with forms and the ability to add analytics...

My question for @efty: What improvements have Efty done for their service to justify the 4 dollar price increase for those of us with 50 to 1500 domains? From what I see, your service has pretty much been the same for the last few years, with occasional lander theme options added. If I am wrong please correct me.

I am already hosted with most of my domains at Epik, and they offer free landers with far more features than Efty (that I can see), so this 4 dollar increase has kind of prompted me to consider the obvious, because in a world where registries offer their own landing pages for free what Efty offers is not really a necessity.

P.S. I have no business relationship or sponsorship with Epik.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yikes!.... CORRECTION!: this post was made in error. Apologies for the confusion. I had a misunderstanding about an email about my change in service thinking there was a change in pricing and it prompted me to question if I needed the to use Efty landers anymore, considering there are free lander options. This was misleading because the change was due to my increase in domains using Efty's service. I had more than my basic plan's limit for over a year, so I didn't make that association, mistakenly thinking it was a general change in their service plans for all their customers. This was pretty careless of me... I should have confirmed this before posting, so my apologies to @epik

•••
Another thing I do not like at Efty is your sold names count towards your domain count.

•••
????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blatant invitation to software PIRACY.
Not cool from a CEO.:whistle::whistle:

The cost of adding another user to software is basically zero. The development of software is a fixed cost.

The reason why software companies are so interesting to investors is because of their margin economics. Look at the wildly successful company called Slack. It has a market cap of $12.2 BILLION. Their entire company is a cash machine built around a network effect for software that has very little COGS.

Perhaps go take an accounting course and learn about Costs of Goods Sold and Gross Margin.

•••
The cost of adding another user to software is basically zero. The development of software is a fixed cost.

The reason why software companies are so interesting to investors is because of their margin economics. Look at the wildly successful company called Slack. It has a market cap of $12.2 BILLION. Their entire company is a cash machine built around a network effect for software that has very little COGS.

Same can be said of domain name registrations, web hosting and myriad of digital products and services with near-zero COGS or minimal marginal cost. So they must all be free?

You are a confused human being.

First you said:
Software has no COGS

Now you're twisting your own words, siting fixed cost, little COGS.

From all indications you know everything, while others know nothing. You are always right, while others always wrong. What has accounting course got to do with common sense and your demagogic declaration?
Perhaps go take an accounting course and learn about Costs of Goods Sold and Gross Margin.

Last edited:
•••
[
You are a confused human being.

First you said:

Now you're twisting your own words, siting fixed cost.

From all indications you known everything, while others know nothing.

No, really I don't think there is too much confusion here at all. My point was that the incremental cost of adding another user on a piece of software is essentially zero.

There is a predominantly fixed cost associated with (1) development personnel, (2) co-location equipment or cloud capacity.

Whether a software service has 1000 or 100,000 daily users, the direct operating cost does not change all that much. The incremental hardware/cloud capacity cost for well designed software is very low.

This is why software wants to be free.

Nevertheless, software companies need to create ROI for stakeholders, which is why Freemium models, Transaction models, and of course treasury management become popular.

I hope that clarifies. I can assure you there is no confusion on the economics of running a software company. I have seen the financial statements of many in addition to founding and running several myself.

Regardless, since this is whole thread turns out to be fake news, I suggest the Mods delete it.

@Mod Team Bravo

Last edited:
•••
No, really I don't think there is too much confusion here at all. My point was that the incremental cost of adding another user on a piece of software is essentially zero.

There is a predominantly fixed cost associated with (1) development personnel, (2) co-location equipment or cloud capacity.

Whether a software service has 1000 or 100,000 daily users, the direct operating cost does not change all that much. The incremental hardware/cloud capacity cost for well designed software is very low.

This is why software wants to be free.

Nevertheless, software companies need to create ROI for stakeholders, which is why Freemium models, Transaction models, and of course treasury management become popular.

I hope that clarifies. I can assure you there is no confusion on the economics of running a software company. I have seen the financial statements of many in addition to founding and running several myself.

Regardless, since this is whole thread turns out to be fake news, I suggest the Mods delete it.

@Mod Team Bravo
@Mod Team Bravo

I hope not, title was corrected and people don’t like to waste their time typing just to have it vanish.

I'm guessing this was @Abdullah Abdullah request, based on the dislike fest. Like I said, take some time and actually learn about the different models.

Last edited:
•••
WeOutbound.com (Afternic/GoDaddy)

I like this page a lot.

I just switched my NS to ns3 & ns4 Afternic.com to get this page, but mine does not show the same form?No fill out form or GD logo, just an Afternic number?

HyperLocalBrews.com (mine)

VS

WeOutbound.com

Can't seem to figure it out

anyone?

•••
•••
•••
Thanks , still can't tell why the landing pages are different on same DNS?
Did you set nameservers first? If so, try adding to Afternic first, then nameservers. They said that way is better. Otherwise just call them. :)

•••
Did you set nameservers first? If so, try adding to Afternic first, then nameservers. They said that way is better. Otherwise just call them. :)

@Silentptnr Thanks I will give it a shot and yes I set NS first then loaded names to afternic, if I can not work it out I will give the a call!

@Winfluence Thanks, with the Hand few of "names" I have related to this one I am targeting a US based niche and testing my hunch that the GD logo(trust factor) landing page will lead to faster sales/inquires.

•••

Just took some time to kick in I guess it's a default till the DNS fully they are starting to show the right page

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back