Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Correction: Efty Did NOT Raise Their Price.

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

Winfluence

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
2,919
CORRECTION: this post was made in error. Apologies for the confusion. I had a misunderstanding about an email about my change in service thinking there was a change in pricing and it prompted me to question if I needed the to use Efty landers anymore, considering there are free lander options. This was misleading because the change was due to my increase in domains using Efty's service. I had more than my basic plan's limit for over a year, so I didn't make that association, mistakenly thinking it was a general change in their service plans for all their customers. I should have confirmed this before posting.
____

I just got an email notification that my service was switched over from "basic" to "growth" which costs 4 dollars more than my original service. I have used Efty for a year or two now, but I don't think they offer much other than very basic landing pages with forms and the ability to add analytics...

My question for @efty: What improvements have Efty done for their service to justify the 4 dollar price increase for those of us with 50 to 1500 domains? From what I see, your service has pretty much been the same for the last few years, with occasional lander theme options added. If I am wrong please correct me.

I am already hosted with most of my domains at Epik, and they offer free landers with far more features than Efty (that I can see), so this 4 dollar increase has kind of prompted me to consider the obvious, because in a world where registries offer their own landing pages for free what Efty offers is not really a necessity.

P.S. I have no business relationship or sponsorship with Epik.
 
Last edited:
3
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
After two years I am leaving Efty. My rate did not go up but for me it is merely been used for bookkeeping. All my sales happen elsewhere lately. Their payment options are limited. Lots of spam and fake info. Most importantly, you go where the sales happen and you are comfortable with the payment options.
I think its time to hang up the efty hat too. 3 years I have been customer. Ask dorion for a few improvements, he doesnt even respond.
I keep a couple pigeon shit names using their nameservers for test purposes.
Have also stuffed html code anywhere and everywhere on efty landers, learned a few tricks.
One for those that read my rave is put phone number in the area for website, somewhere in settings, that way your phone number is displayed on every lander. I just wanted a customizable contact us lander, without an asparagus background,nothing for years
Price upon request you did real quick efty
He said something last month about not for sale landers but yaya.
9.99usd (13.50cad)i pay monthly for unsecured landers and a management system.
Great management tool,tons of potential but lacking in development and customer service.
Epik landers have class, their clean, secure and the price is right. Dan the automated man is running two steps behind
No, efty hasnt done anything to be worthy of a price hike.
 
4
•••
I like to pay them :) The team is incredible and nice, so why not?

And is 9% a "much commision"? I have even imported there some of my leads, and paid them 5% commision. Is that much?

5% and 9% commission is a lot when compared to Zero commission at Epik (with some conditions) and around 3% commission at Escrow.com and Sedo.com and other escrow marketplaces. You can integrate many different totally free landing pages with escrow.com, or just import your leads to any escrow company and save a lot of money especially when the sale amount is $xxxx or more. Just think about it, you will earn more money and there is no extra work involved.
 
3
•••
Went thru my bookmarks, here is another more apples to apples comparison:
https://dnhat.com/demo/index.php
@JB Lions , thanks for that.

The link goes to DNHat - the self-help project I started couple of years back, but has now turned into full-blown commercial project. DNHat has everything you need to manage your portfolio, set up your own branded marketplace, monetize your domain traffic, keep tabs on your domains, conduct outbound marketing with your business email, personalized bulk e-mailer, CRM, etc.

Many other unique features inside!
 
Last edited:
1
•••
I just got an email notification that my service was switched over from "basic" to "growth" which costs 4 dollars more than my original service. I have used Efty for a year or two now, but I don't think they offer much other than very basic landing pages with forms and the ability to add analytics...

My question for @efty: What improvements have Efty done for their service to justify the 4 dollar price increase for those of us with 50 to 1500 domains? From what I see, your service has pretty much been the same for the last few years, with occasional lander theme options added. If I am wrong please correct me.

I am already hosted with most of my domains at Epik, and they offer free landers with far more features than Efty (that I can see), so this 4 dollar increase has kind of prompted me to consider the obvious, because in a world where registries offer their own landing pages for free what Efty offers is not really a necessity.

P.S. I have no business relationship or sponsorship with Epik.

Hi Winfluence,

Efty has not increased its pricing.

And when we increase pricing (like we did in 2017), all existing users will be grandfathered for as long as they keep paying their subscription fee.

Our system automatically send out emails to users who have exceeded the number of domains in their account so if you have been paying for a Basic plan that allows you to manage up to 50 domains but you have more than 50+ domains in the account we will email you to notify that your subscription will be upgraded to the correct plan unless you delete some domains from the account to stay within the limit of the plan you're paying for.

As for full transparency. Here's the email we send out to users who exceed the number of domains in their plan:

"Hi there

You have exceeded the limit of 50 domain names under the Basic plan that you are currently subscribed to. To manage more than 50 domain names with Efty you have to subscribe to our monthly or annual Growth plan. This plan will allow you to manage up to 1500 domain names in your account and unlocks a bunch of new features such as SSL, Live Chat and Mailchimp integration.

Please note that your subscription will automatically be upgraded to the Growth plan on December 1st, 2019 unless the total number of domains in your account is 50 or less.

The upgrade will be based on your current billing cycle preference, month-to-month or annually and will be prorated so that only pay the difference.

If you believe this email was sent in error or you have any questions, please let us know by replying to this email.

Team Efty"


Let me know if you have any questions. I am here to help.
 
3
•••
Link it up, next post. This:



Let me see your Epik marketplace, post the url. Did you get a nice domain name for your marketplace? Nice logo? Let's see it.

Epik provides the ability to have your own market place. You can use your own domain name, or you can get a URL like this : https://marketplace.epik.com/seller/AbdullahAbdullah , check that. Full marketplace like Dan and others. Now, we have new Dashboard and more features for the marketplace which will be launched soon. We are thinking of ways to make it stand out, whether to have it with Epik or to make it stand out with its own branding. However, the new Dashboard with escrow management and everything is in place and @Rob Monster and the engineers are closely following the project. Dont just assume, ask, and you shall find :)

Some nice thins are on the way.
 
Last edited:
5
•••
Last edited:
0
•••
Epik provides the ability to have your own market place. You can use your own domain name, or you can get a URL like this : https://marketplace.epik.com/seller/AbdullahAbdullah , check that. Full marketplace like Dan and others. Now, we have new Dashboard and more features for the marketplace which will be launched soon. We are thinking of ways to make it stand out, whether to have it with Epik or to make it stand out with its own branding. However, the new Dashboard with escrow management and everything is in place and @Rob Monster and the engineers are closely following the project.

Right, it's like Dan, not Efty. I don't think some people here are grasping the differences, even tho I literally posted examples.
 
0
•••
Right, it's like Dan, not Efty. I don't think some people here are grasping the differences, even tho I literally posted examples.
I dont want to argue actually, but the features you are talking about are in the backend/dashboard. You can track everything, from finances to renewals. You get everything and that is what @Winfluence was trying to tell you. You can have your custom domain name too.I believe many features not in our products/services are being implemented as of now and you will see soon @Rob Monster
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I dont want to argue actually, but the features you are talking about are in the backend/dashboard. You can track everything, from finances to renewals. You get everything and that is what @Winfluence was trying to tell you. You can have your custom domain name too.

Why don't you then? So you can have custom domain, blog pages, other site pages, upload logos etc? Show me an example, next post.

This is an example of Efty - https://namerockstar.com/

Show me something at Epik that looks like that.

What you just posted looks like my Dan page. Dan isn't like Efty.

When I say marketplace, I'm not talking about Epik Marketplace or Dan Marketplace, I'm talking about my own branded marketplace, aka my site. Somebody posted earlier why doesn't Efty put some domains on the home page, because it's not the same. Efty isn't a marketplace like Dan or Epik, yet they all have landing pages. Again, I literally posted sites that were more like them, DNHat, DomainMarketPro. Learn the differences.
 
Last edited:
4
•••
Why don't you then? So you can have custom domain, blog pages, other site pages, upload logos etc? Show me an example, next post.
You kept arguing Epik has only landing pages and not a marketplace, saying show me a URL, I shared a URL with you and also informed you that many features are coming to the marketplace, which, most of them, as @Rob Monster would confirm, are not even in other marketplaces. Efty is excellent and it is good you like it and believe there is nothing similar or better, I have tried it before and I did not like it, and, hell yeah I believe the product of Tony @TCK is miles ahead of Efty. However, you should know that there is constant innovation of the products which Epik offers, and by getting feedback and analyzing what the masses want, we are moving ahead by providing products that actually make the competitors notice Epik. You should be happy with this because , at the end of the day, it is good for the industry and anyone in domaining. You want options and you want what is best. Achieving that is the goal of Epik.
 
1
•••
You kept arguing Epik has only landing pages and not a marketplace, saying show me a URL, I shared a URL with you and also informed you that many features are coming to the marketplace, which, most of them, as @Rob Monster would confirm, are not even in other marketplaces. Efty is excellent and it is good you like it and believe there is nothing similar or better, I have tried it before and I did not like it, and, hell yeah I believe the product of Tony @TCK is miles ahead of Efty. However, you should know that there is constant innovation of the products which Epik offers, and by getting feedback and analyzing what the masses want, we are moving ahead by providing products that actually make the competitors notice Epik. You should be happy with this because , at the end of the day, it is good for the industry and anyone in domaining. You want options and you want what is best. Achieving that is the goal of Epik.

My goodness, I literally explained it in my last post. Maybe you were typing this out before I added to my post. Go read it again. The last paragraph. You are not the same as Efty. It's why when I asked this:

"Why don't you then? So you can have custom domain, blog pages, other site pages, upload logos etc? Show me an example, next post."

You could not do that. Again, what you posted, reminds me of my Dan page. Different from Efty.

Let me copy and paste myself:

"When I say marketplace, I'm not talking about Epik Marketplace or Dan Marketplace, I'm talking about my own branded marketplace, aka my site. Somebody posted earlier why doesn't Efty put some domains on the home page, because it's not the same. Efty isn't a marketplace like Dan or Epik, yet they all have landing pages. Again, I literally posted sites that were more like them, DNHat, DomainMarketPro. Learn the differences."


https://dan.com/
Do you see Dan has a search box where you can search for a domain and then buy it?

https://www.efty.com/
Do you see that at Efty? No, it's a different animal.

The one thing they all have in common = landing pages. But some other stuff is different.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
@Doron Vermaat ,Please listen to what @JB Lions is saying.You need add more and stand out.I use dan and have imported and closed some deals but i have my reservations.
 
2
•••
@Doron Vermaat ,Please listen to what @JB Lions is saying.You need add more and stand out.I use dan and have imported and closed some deals but i have my reservations.

There is actually a suggestion thread over here - https://www.namepros.com/threads/help-us-test-the-new-efty.1082439/page-5#post-7077941

This is what I posted in Feb:

1. The ability to pick multiple categories for each domain.

2. Some minor bugs. I can click on a category and let's say there are 24 domains. It will say 1 out of 24, instead of 10 out of 24. I can click Show More, then it will say 11 of 24. Should be 20 of 24. Another one, not a big deal at all. Let's say I click Pets category from home page. It'll have category/pets in the url. If I pick another category, it'll stay on /pets.

3. The ability to add more pages. You have About Us and Privacy pages. This one not a big deal to me, but it would be nice to have that option.

4. The big one for me, is home page customization, any customization options you can add. What kept me from signing up in the beginning was they all looked a bit cookie cutter. You knew an efty site when you landed on one. An example from a competitor of yours, using a site in Testimonials:

-----------------------
1. Still can't do that. If I have adultmovies.com, I would put that in the Adult and Movie category, right now i can only choose 1. Lots of domains are going to fit in multiple categories.

2. Not an issue anymore with new theme I'm using.

3. I think they added 1 page, where I put my Domains Sold.

4. Still can't do that.

That's what I like to see, others have posted some other things. I would go down the list and start knocking them out. I'd rather see these things get worked on before I see another landing page.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
@Doron Vermaat ,time to listen to new suggestions again. @JB Lions ,has good suggestions you should take note of and let efty go back to the drawing board.I know its not easy to build but its Time to make other users of efty be happy to use efty .
 
0
•••
@Doron Vermaat ,time to listen to new suggestions again. @JB Lions ,has good suggestions you should take note of and let efty go back to the drawing board.I know its not easy to build but its Time to make other users of efty be happy to use efty .

We always listen to feedback and suggestion and have pretty much built our service around it over the years. The way we aim to work as a small team is to group all requests, suggestions, and feedback and then work on building the most popular request. I do understand that it can be frustrating if you have a specific wish for a change what seems to be just a small adjustment in the marketplace or for-sale landing page feature but unless we can make the vast majority of our users happy with it it doesn't make sense to allocate development resources to it.

So far this year we've added support for Live Chat, Mailchimp & Zappier integration, two brand new marketplace themes as well as a new series of for-sale landing pages, and since earlier this month you can host all of Efty's for-sale landing pages on your own, SSL secured domain including live chat.

Currently, we're working on supporting sub-domains for both the marketplace and the custom for-sale landing page domain. The focus for 2020 will be on bringing more buy-it-now and escrow options for buyers as this is the most popular request from users.

This thread is obviously not the place to discuss Efty feature requests as we did NOT increase prices and it has gone a little off-topic ;)
 
Last edited:
3
•••
Yikes!.... CORRECTION!: this post was made in error. Apologies for the confusion. I had a misunderstanding about an email about my change in service thinking there was a change in pricing and it prompted me to question if I needed the to use Efty landers anymore, considering there are free lander options. This was misleading because the change was due to my increase in domains using Efty's service. I had more than my basic plan's limit for over a year, so I didn't make that association, mistakenly thinking it was a general change in their service plans for all their customers. This was pretty careless of me... I should have confirmed this before posting, so my apologies to @epik
 
4
•••
Another thing I do not like at Efty is your sold names count towards your domain count.
 
5
•••
????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blatant invitation to software PIRACY.
Not cool from a CEO.:whistle::whistle:

The cost of adding another user to software is basically zero. The development of software is a fixed cost.

The reason why software companies are so interesting to investors is because of their margin economics. Look at the wildly successful company called Slack. It has a market cap of $12.2 BILLION. Their entire company is a cash machine built around a network effect for software that has very little COGS.

Perhaps go take an accounting course and learn about Costs of Goods Sold and Gross Margin.
 
4
•••
The cost of adding another user to software is basically zero. The development of software is a fixed cost.

The reason why software companies are so interesting to investors is because of their margin economics. Look at the wildly successful company called Slack. It has a market cap of $12.2 BILLION. Their entire company is a cash machine built around a network effect for software that has very little COGS.

Same can be said of domain name registrations, web hosting and myriad of digital products and services with near-zero COGS or minimal marginal cost. So they must all be free?

You are a confused human being.

First you said:
Software has no COGS

Now you're twisting your own words, siting fixed cost, little COGS.

From all indications you know everything, while others know nothing. You are always right, while others always wrong. What has accounting course got to do with common sense and your demagogic declaration?
Perhaps go take an accounting course and learn about Costs of Goods Sold and Gross Margin.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
[
You are a confused human being.

First you said:


Now you're twisting your own words, siting fixed cost.

From all indications you known everything, while others know nothing.

No, really I don't think there is too much confusion here at all. My point was that the incremental cost of adding another user on a piece of software is essentially zero.

There is a predominantly fixed cost associated with (1) development personnel, (2) co-location equipment or cloud capacity.

Whether a software service has 1000 or 100,000 daily users, the direct operating cost does not change all that much. The incremental hardware/cloud capacity cost for well designed software is very low.

This is why software wants to be free.

Nevertheless, software companies need to create ROI for stakeholders, which is why Freemium models, Transaction models, and of course treasury management become popular.

I hope that clarifies. I can assure you there is no confusion on the economics of running a software company. I have seen the financial statements of many in addition to founding and running several myself.

Regardless, since this is whole thread turns out to be fake news, I suggest the Mods delete it.

@Mod Team Bravo
 
Last edited:
3
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back