Dynadot

Correction: Efty Did NOT Raise Their Price.

NameSilo
Watch

Winfluence

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
CORRECTION: this post was made in error. Apologies for the confusion. I had a misunderstanding about an email about my change in service thinking there was a change in pricing and it prompted me to question if I needed the to use Efty landers anymore, considering there are free lander options. This was misleading because the change was due to my increase in domains using Efty's service. I had more than my basic plan's limit for over a year, so I didn't make that association, mistakenly thinking it was a general change in their service plans for all their customers. I should have confirmed this before posting.
____

I just got an email notification that my service was switched over from "basic" to "growth" which costs 4 dollars more than my original service. I have used Efty for a year or two now, but I don't think they offer much other than very basic landing pages with forms and the ability to add analytics...

My question for @efty: What improvements have Efty done for their service to justify the 4 dollar price increase for those of us with 50 to 1500 domains? From what I see, your service has pretty much been the same for the last few years, with occasional lander theme options added. If I am wrong please correct me.

I am already hosted with most of my domains at Epik, and they offer free landers with far more features than Efty (that I can see), so this 4 dollar increase has kind of prompted me to consider the obvious, because in a world where registries offer their own landing pages for free what Efty offers is not really a necessity.

P.S. I have no business relationship or sponsorship with Epik.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not even the same animal.

@Rob Monster stop with the promotion. What in the world does Epik Escrow have to do with this?

It was not promotion. The OP tagged me in his OP. I replied.

I was commenting on the general theme: if it can be free, it will be free.

Free privacy, free escrow, free forwarding, free domain management, etc.

The value is in buying low and selling high. Everything else is just expense.

•••
Shocking, Rob is promoting yet another project, having nothing to do with Efty. Not every thread here is an invitation for you to promote your projects.

I get it but I mostly engage where invited.

In this case, I did not even notice the post until the OP sent me a PM about it. I saw it had zero engagement. It appears we fixed that problem.

•••
The main advantage to Epik, Uni are they can checkout, and process payment instantly, the transfer is completed within the same click if the domain is within the registry. They charge minimal commission, and payout is auto q'ed.

Epik does let people borrow against their domains without interest.

Epik does instantly credit your masterbucks account which means you can use that balance to buy domains within epik, transfer, renew etc... otherwise you can withdraw via various methods including crypto.

Most domainers care about making sales, and getting paid, the rest is up for discussion. Nobody wants to do a dance, of payment one place, transfer another. You want to get things closed up quickly. Transfers are confusing enough these days.

•••
Link it up, next post. This:

Let me see your Epik marketplace, post the url. Did you get a nice domain name for your marketplace? Nice logo? Let's see it.

Epik provides the ability to have your own market place. You can use your own domain name, or you can get a URL like this : https://marketplace.epik.com/seller/AbdullahAbdullah , check that. Full marketplace like Dan and others. Now, we have new Dashboard and more features for the marketplace which will be launched soon. We are thinking of ways to make it stand out, whether to have it with Epik or to make it stand out with its own branding. However, the new Dashboard with escrow management and everything is in place and @Rob Monster and the engineers are closely following the project. Dont just assume, ask, and you shall find :)

Some nice thins are on the way.

Last edited:
•••
Robert is right. Epik offers free make an offer landers. Plus free escrow. These free services add up.

•••
haha, this thread was about EFTY not ESCROW.com. So just went at another competitor, then followed up with promoting another one of your products. An ebook, that you still haven't fixed.

That eBook is the 80 for the 0. Appreciate the feedback though. The editors are reviewing ongoing input before it goes out to the translators.

Do you not see the "Free" trend? LetsEncrypt has 800 million certs issued. That was the logic of DNEncrypt as a new project -- free SSL but in the form of a commercial DV.

My point is that I am quite certain that the market for digital presence is integrating into bundled solutions. '

We are considering is an integrated marketplace that combines Sedo/Afternic functionality + Flippa functionality + verified MLS, with the ability to instantly deliver domain, hosting and social handles with no listing fees.

The sustainable business model is in making the pie bigger, and taking a bite out oft the bigger pie. That is what we are aspiring to do. Why would any non-martyr domainer have a problem with that?

Last edited:
•••
I totally agree with your assessments. I use Afternic for sure. I've had customers that after I've matched them with a domain and agreed on the price, just felt more comfortable buying the domain through "GoDaddy". But not all. I've paid $4000 in Afternic fees this year alone. Dollar for work today they aren't worth it. Value they have and reach they can provide, necessary by ALL means!

That being said, my efty account that has allowed me to broker my own deals has saved me far, far, far more than what I pay for my yearly membership, and that is less than the $4000 I've given to Afternic alone.
Here is the thing, Afternic by far achieves higher sales prices. Prices that come with trust of having a company like Godaddy behind them, having a toll free line, someone who could be held accountable, someone who can process $10K on a credit card etc... So the little extra you pay in commission, you probably would not have achieved the same price on your own, as people tend to pay a premium for a sense of security, or an open channel. If you follow some of Mike Mann's sales, many of them are done thru Afternic, and there are some crazy ones.

•••
After two years I am leaving Efty. My rate did not go up but for me it is merely been used for bookkeeping. All my sales happen elsewhere lately. Their payment options are limited. Lots of spam and fake info. Most importantly, you go where the sales happen and you are comfortable with the payment options.

•••
Another thing I do not like at Efty is your sold names count towards your domain count.

•••
I just got an email notification that my service was switched over from "basic" to "growth" which costs 4 dollars more than my original service. I have used Efty for a year or two now, but I don't think they offer much other than very basic landing pages with forms and the ability to add analytics...

My question for @efty: What improvements have Efty done for their service to justify the 4 dollar price increase for those of us with 50 to 1500 domains? From what I see, your service has pretty much been the same for the last few years, with occasional lander theme options added. If I am wrong please correct me.

I am already hosted with most of my domains at Epik, and they offer free landers with far more features than Efty (that I can see), so this 4 dollar increase has kind of prompted me to consider the obvious, because in a world where registries offer their own landing pages for free what Efty offers is not really a necessity.

P.S. I have no business relationship or sponsorship with Epik.

Thanks for the tag.

That seems like a pretty modest price increase. It does not sound like a "milk the cow" shift in strategy for such a modest price increase. It might have made more sense get success fees for transaction clearing.

I think Efty is doing some innovative things. I have tried to meet with them but no luck there. I believe they are Dutch from the northern city of Groningen, near to where my mother's family comes from.

At the end of the day, I wonder if Efty is more of a feature than a business. We have incorporated most of what Efty does as free features simply because they are obvious not because we are copying.

As some are aware, we did the same with Escrow, i.e. made it free for domains that are on Epik and paid via wire transfer and BTC.

When it comes to domain-related utility software, if it can be free, it will be free. And it if can be integrated to increases effectiveness, integrity, or privacy, it will be integrated.

•••
I don’t get what is the difference of using efty compared to something like Uniregistry?

Why would anyone pay for efty, since they are not their own registry, or payment processor, hurdles?

•••
It's 100% promotion. What does Epik Escrow have to do with this? Escrow isn't mentioned 1 time in the first post.

Escrow.com has a large percentage of their business in domain escrow. We do it for free for folks who have domains at Epik. I view it as a FEATURE not a BUSINESS.

I view the same about Domain Management tools.

I obviously view the same about Domain Courses, which is why we acquired DomainGraduate.com, re-tooled it and made it free.

If it can be free, it will be free. Software has no COGS. It wants to be free.

•••
It's not an either/or situation. You can have Efty and still list at those various places, I do. Upload to Efty, then:

godaddy
afternic
sedo
dan

The Efty stuff is going to be more direct to a landing page, then offer or Buy Now if you choose. With that, you can take it any place you want. You can take it to Escrow.com have the buyer pay all the fees if you want. If I get offers thru GoDaddy, Afternic etc. I handle it there. There are different payment integrations - https://www.efty.com/pricing/

Efty has great landing pages. Well organized, inquiries, stats etc. I like getting info on the customer, name, email, IP etc. That has helped me research them.

Now, there is another thread with suggestions that I still would like to see happen. RIight now, can only pick 1 category, a lot of people want to choose multiple. Or extra pages. These are things an actual competitor has, Domain Market Pro. Some of the other stuff mentioned in this thread, isn't even the same thing. Again, not an apples to apples comparison.

Last edited:
•••
One other thing. The Efty homepage.

There is no reason they shouldn't make it something like Afternic. Maybe show recent listings, trending domains, etc. I think that would be nice. There could be an "Efty" marketplace that has all the names listed in efty.

Right now, the homepage is just about the product. They should allocate some of that space for member listings. Perks like that justify a monthly fee in lieu of a commission.

Efty should become a platform and not just a product.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
After two years I am leaving Efty. My rate did not go up but for me it is merely been used for bookkeeping. All my sales happen elsewhere lately. Their payment options are limited. Lots of spam and fake info. Most importantly, you go where the sales happen and you are comfortable with the payment options.
I think its time to hang up the efty hat too. 3 years I have been customer. Ask dorion for a few improvements, he doesnt even respond.
I keep a couple pigeon shit names using their nameservers for test purposes.
Have also stuffed html code anywhere and everywhere on efty landers, learned a few tricks.
One for those that read my rave is put phone number in the area for website, somewhere in settings, that way your phone number is displayed on every lander. I just wanted a customizable contact us lander, without an asparagus background,nothing for years
Price upon request you did real quick efty
He said something last month about not for sale landers but yaya.
9.99usd (13.50cad)i pay monthly for unsecured landers and a management system.
Great management tool,tons of potential but lacking in development and customer service.
Epik landers have class, their clean, secure and the price is right. Dan the automated man is running two steps behind
No, efty hasnt done anything to be worthy of a price hike.

•••
I dont want to argue actually, but the features you are talking about are in the backend/dashboard. You can track everything, from finances to renewals. You get everything and that is what @Winfluence was trying to tell you. You can have your custom domain name too.

Why don't you then? So you can have custom domain, blog pages, other site pages, upload logos etc? Show me an example, next post.

This is an example of Efty - https://namerockstar.com/

Show me something at Epik that looks like that.

What you just posted looks like my Dan page. Dan isn't like Efty.

When I say marketplace, I'm not talking about Epik Marketplace or Dan Marketplace, I'm talking about my own branded marketplace, aka my site. Somebody posted earlier why doesn't Efty put some domains on the home page, because it's not the same. Efty isn't a marketplace like Dan or Epik, yet they all have landing pages. Again, I literally posted sites that were more like them, DNHat, DomainMarketPro. Learn the differences.

Last edited:
•••
Yikes!.... CORRECTION!: this post was made in error. Apologies for the confusion. I had a misunderstanding about an email about my change in service thinking there was a change in pricing and it prompted me to question if I needed the to use Efty landers anymore, considering there are free lander options. This was misleading because the change was due to my increase in domains using Efty's service. I had more than my basic plan's limit for over a year, so I didn't make that association, mistakenly thinking it was a general change in their service plans for all their customers. This was pretty careless of me... I should have confirmed this before posting, so my apologies to @epik

•••
????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blatant invitation to software PIRACY.
Not cool from a CEO.:whistle::whistle:

The cost of adding another user to software is basically zero. The development of software is a fixed cost.

The reason why software companies are so interesting to investors is because of their margin economics. Look at the wildly successful company called Slack. It has a market cap of $12.2 BILLION. Their entire company is a cash machine built around a network effect for software that has very little COGS.

Perhaps go take an accounting course and learn about Costs of Goods Sold and Gross Margin.

•••
•••
Let's compare landers here.

http://eContractLoan.com (epik)
http://QuantumDLT.com (efty)

You have 10x more features on the efty lander... Why should I stick to efty landers?? You can even have buy it now and make an offer and finance/rent options on display, and when you click you're taken to a page where you can add more custom text and photo for more sakes pitch.
WeOutbound.com (Afternic/GoDaddy)

I like this page a lot.

•••
The "make an offer" feature is there as well as BIN. In the back end there are content options that I haven't used yet, their payment options are plenty, share options, language select. The ability to have your BIN, make an offer, contact owner and finance options (with optional interest rate) all displayed at once in the lander design provided is alone enough reason to go with Epik's free lander, rather than paying $12/month for Efty's. There is an in house dashboard that displays traffic info and whois lookup amongst other market place options that are associated with having your landers hosted by your registry - the advantage over having seperate service by a different comoany... The list goes on, because of that registry/host advantage... You can also make a sales lander that is only viewable to the person who you send the link. I'm new to the Epik landers and already found enough reasons to make the switch. Just my take... But there are even other registry lander options...

The thing with Epik landers is that they really are unconditionally free, because you don't HAVE to use their escrow service when you are contacted through their landers. Meessages from their landers go straight to your email and you can do with them as you please...

What I mean is what can you do with Epik, that I can't do at Efty? Unless I'm missing it (possible) I can do everything you posted.

I can't imagine how the service will survive amidst the likes of Uniregistry, Afternic, Sedo, and now maybe even Epik.

It's not the same thing. They all have landing pages but

https://www.efty.com/
https://domainmarketpro.com/showcase/

an example
https://afrinames.co.za/

I have my names at Sedo and I can get a link to them all but it's not the same as this example - https://afrinames.co.za/

BTW, this is what I think Efty should be doing more of, this is somebody using their competitor for their marketplace site.

If you just want landing pages and nothing else, that's a different story. Efty, DomainMarketPro are landing pages PLUS your own marketplace. You can do more with that.

Went thru my bookmarks, here is another more apples to apples comparison:

https://dnhat.com/demo/index.php

vs Efty and Domain Market Pro

Last edited:
•••
I thought the op wanted to know if Efty has added something to justify the price increase?

Don't know, haven't seen anything about a price increase on my end yet but I subscribed for the year, so maybe it's coming. New features are usually posted about here - https://blog.efty.com/

Hopefully, some more are coming. Again, there is another thread where people have posted some "wants". I myself think Efty should really look at their competitors and start implementing what they're doing and what people want in the NP thread here.

•••
It's been mentioned before but domains listed on Afternic show up in domain search on godaddy. Right in the registration path. No matter who the registrar is. I love that.

•••
I like to pay them :) The team is incredible and nice, so why not?

And is 9% a "much commision"? I have even imported there some of my leads, and paid them 5% commision. Is that much?

5% and 9% commission is a lot when compared to Zero commission at Epik (with some conditions) and around 3% commission at Escrow.com and Sedo.com and other escrow marketplaces. You can integrate many different totally free landing pages with escrow.com, or just import your leads to any escrow company and save a lot of money especially when the sale amount is $xxxx or more. Just think about it, you will earn more money and there is no extra work involved.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back