IT.COM

branding Corel rebrands as Alludo.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Corel, a global technology company helping people work better and live better, announced today that it is undergoing a full rebrand, including a new name: Alludo. Alludo had more than 2.5 million paying customer relationships in more than 130 countries across diverse industries this past year. Leveraging a 35+ year history, Alludo is behind award-winning, globally recognizable brands including Parallels, CorelDRAW, MindManager, and WinZip. This rebranding is part of Alludo’s commitment to reimagining the future of work—not just where people work, but also how, when, and even why they work.

“This is a watershed moment for us,” said Christa Quarles, Chief Executive Officer, Alludo. “We’re reimagining the way the world works by not just writing a new chapter, but a whole new playbook. This new playbook reimagines what work feels like—for our customers and ourselves. We believe in working better and living better, and we want our solutions to deliver just that, boldly and intentionally. That’s why we’ve decided it’s time for a new brand. We’re delighted to share this news with you today, by welcoming you to Alludo.”

read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
when spelled as All U Do it makes some sense, but when spelled as alludo it becomes a Latin term.

alludo verb
(1) frolic/play/sport around/with, play against; jest, make mocking allusion to

For a company with the history and budget of Corel, choosing Alludo, seems shortsighted and cheap. They can afford a one-word noun, like Sumo, Club, Whale or Bird, etc.

The confusion feedback will come in hard and fast as partners and consumers debate are you "all you do" or "alludo"?

I'll bet they rebrand 12-24 months from now

•••
The lesson is, don't change your name until you've asked Namepros first.

•••
They can afford a one-word noun, like Sumo, Club, Whale or Bird, etc.

Except those are awful suggestions in this case, single dictionary word or not.

I take it those were entirely random choices.

Last edited:
•••
I wonder if someone will die over this.

•••
First saw this and seemed to me more like "alluding".. definitely a downgrade in my eyes, and maybe companies are just getting plain bored with what they have.

Alluding to what??

•••
Alluding to what??

Bats.

Alludingbats...

But seriously...

“the name Alludo (pronounced 'ah-LOO-dough') represents a cohesive identity and is a nod to the company’s purpose: to empower 'all you do.'"

That to me is a contradictory statement, and it defeats the purpose of the "new" brand.

But I really don't care. No, really.

Last edited:
•••
when spelled as All U Do it makes some sense, but when spelled as alludo it becomes a Latin term.

alludo verb
(1) frolic/play/sport around/with, play against; jest, make mocking allusion to

For a company with the history and budget of Corel, choosing Alludo, seems shortsighted and cheap. They can afford a one-word noun, like Sumo, Club, Whale or Bird, etc.

The confusion feedback will come in hard and fast as partners and consumers debate are you "all you do" or "alludo"?

I'll bet they rebrand 12-24 months from now

On top of that, even the phrase "all you do" in itself is often used in the negative context... When I hear "all you do..." I expect it to be followed by some kind of reproach and disapproval... "All you do is lie around that sofa", "all you do is cause a trouble"...

•••
The new websites front page has all the bright, shiny language of empowerment, a better tomorrow, freedom, success.

But then it points to its "Brands" and its just the same old stuff.

I think this was just an expensive repackaging to see if that would rekindle interest in their products. I see nothing new or interesting there.

200w.gif

Last edited:
•••
Except those are awful suggestions in this case, single dictionary word or not.

I take it those were entirely random choices.
Yes, purely random.

•••
On top of that, even the phrase "all you do" in itself is often used in the negative context... When I hear "all you do..." I expect it to be followed by some kind of reproach and disapproval... "All you do is lie around that sofa", "all you do is cause a trouble"...
Good point on the negative connotation.
The Marketing team at Alludo should review this thread.

Another rebrand is in order, and it wouldn't be the first time a company chose to rebrand, and then re-branded the rebrand.

•••
I think if the name immediately came across as "all you do" then it would be viewed as positive (they will help you with all the tasks you need to accomplish), but of course the funky AllUDo is nowhere near as wonderful as the name they chose 40 years ago when they had their pick from a nearly-infinite number of fantastic premium brands. I guarantee AllUDo was available back then, but 40 years later nobody has jumped on that name (until now). Why?

Corel is a beautiful name with a great history, it's only downhill from there.

•••
I think if the name immediately came across as "all you do" then it would be viewed as positive (they will help you with all the tasks you need to accomplish), but of course the funky AllUDo is nowhere near as wonderful as the name they chose 40 years ago when they had their pick from a nearly-infinite number of fantastic premium brands. I guarantee AllUDo was available back then, but 40 years later nobody has jumped on that name (until now). Why?

Corel is a beautiful name with a great history, it's only downhill from there.

Definitely reeks of a downgrade and backwards branding move.
I wonder how much they paid the 'consultant' to come up with 'alludo'.

It actually sounds like a Nickelodeon teen comedy series.

I don't think it will be downhill, unless they stick with alludo.

I foresee a rebrand to a one-word noun by 2024.

•••
Is it a new brand? Or a re-brand? Seems like Corel is still around.

•••
It looks like Alludo is the new umbrella for all of their brands, of which Corel is a part of.

•••
They better improve their software security so it will be hard to crack, I personally use cracked Corel, Google and Youtube is full of those who offer cracked software.
Why they not fight with it? Maybe it's free advertisement for them.

•••
Sometimes branding doesn't go so well...

•••
I much prefer Corel as a name/brand, it's simple, elegant and sounds a lot better than Alludo but I suppose I get why they're doing it. I've always associated Corel with CorelDRAW and Corel Painter when in fact it's the parent company to a wide variety of products/services, I guess they don't want to be tied down to a single product in people's minds. Much like Google's parent company rebranding to Alphabet.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back