Dynadot

Convinced a non-domainer friend to go half on a domain purchase and we flipped it for 45X!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just thought it was a fun story, so I wanted to share--

I was talking to a friend about how they may legalize psychedelic mushrooms in some places. He knows I invest in domains and he said we should see if MicrodoseMushrooms(.)com is available to register, which it was. I thought it was a decent name and I suggested we buy it together as partners. I made him Venmo me 5 bucks for his half of the reg fee, and I listed it for sale.

About two months later I got an offer on it, and after a brief negotiation we sold it for $450. Not my biggest sale ever, but it was fun to let my friend know it was sold so quickly. I suggested that we roll the money into another name, which he has agreed to. I actually just posted a domain wanted post if anyone is interested in selling us something. Also, if anyone sees any great deals listed elsewhere for $450 or less, please feel free to PM me. My goal is to get an even better name ASAP and keep it going. I want to see how much we can parlay our $10 investment in to, and hopefully to get my friend hooked on domains!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sigh ... congrats on the sale ... but what were you thinking deliberately bringing in more competition for us domainers? lol

•••
Sigh ... congrats on the sale ... but what were you thinking deliberately bringing in more competition for us domainers? lol
Competition and more investors are good for end values. Its basic economics.

•••
Competition and more investors are good for end values. Its basic economics.

Yes .. For a typical average newbie I have an advantage over because of all my time invested in developing my domaining knowledge and skills! Even better because I buy my domains so cheap that I can still make a profit even selling at fair wholesale prices to other domainers .. and yes, as you said, it certainly does slowly add to the liquid value of good domains .. so great for all of us in general.

But this new investor is some sort of genius prodigy .. how the hell are we supposed to compete with someone who even as a newcomer has a 100% sell-through rate in just 2 months ?!?

Seriously .. I give up! *Waves white flag* :dead:

Last edited:
•••
Yes .. For a typical average newbie I have an advantage over because of all my time invested in developing my domaining knowledge and skills! Even better because I buy my domains so cheap that I can still make a profit even selling at fair wholesale prices to other domainers .. and yes, as you said, it certainly does slowly add to the liquid value of good domains .. so great for all of us in general.

But this new investor is some sort of genius prodigy .. how the hell are we supposed to compete with someone who even as a newcomer has a 100% sell-through rate in just 2 months ?!?

Seriously .. I give up! *Waves white flag* :dead:
Don't raise the flag yet. Instead, ask not what your domains can do for youask what you can do for your domains.:xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back