Domain Empire

Converting visitors into buyers with landing pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
When an Internet prospect searches for a specific product or service, he or she types in a keyword or a keyword phrase in a search engine. When that prospect sees your ad listing, he will click on it and visit your website for more information. Will they buy from you at this point? Maybe not yet, but they have certainly done the first step right.

In order for them to buy something, make sure you have a landing page that is convincing and that will encourage them to click on the "Buy Now" button. Today more than ever, landing pages must sell them on the features and benefits of the products or services offered on your site.

Even if you don't sell anything tangible and the purpose of all your search engine marketing (SEM) is to ask them to communicate with you or sign up for your free newsletter, the landing page needs to do the same job: it needs to be compelling and must sell them on your company!

In fact, this is the critical step where many companies involved in online marketing might lose the greatest percentage of their sales. An important part of delivering paid listings that drive real sales to your business isn't just getting additional, targeted traffic to your site, or paying lower PPC costs for the leads, although this is certainly important.

In any SEM campaign, the ROI of your online marketing will increase significantly if you can persuade a higher number of your visitors to become buyers. A compelling landing page, sometimes referred to as a target URL, or a destination URL, can have an extremely positive effect in your overall ROI and your bottom line.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rather interesting and useful information. I believe it could be extended, but it is still good in the form it exists. Thanks.

•••
A basic principle for conversion on landing pages is offering VALUE; remember that the visitor has never been in the website before so he has no reason to stay unless we offer something interesting right off the bat.

I always prefer free information as the best form of value that you can offer, for instance, offering a free e-book or a email series will definitely improve your conversions.

Cheers!

•••
That is very true Juanle455.. we often offer a 5-7 day email course. This seems to work the best at converting to a sale. Don't ask for anything till the last email... or later! You must gain trust first then you can ask.

•••
hie

It is easy to Attract anybody by image (advertising) than text. so as much attractive and innovative your landing page is .ypu can capture maximum customers.
Share you view

•••
As Juanle said, you could make your landing page a simple email submit, then market your product at a later time when you build some trust with your list.

•••
It is easy to Attract anybody by image (advertising) than text. so as much attractive and innovative your landing page is .ypu can capture maximum customers.
Share you view

Not necessary, I find many of my sites convert well with text call to action.

•••
I find that it is easiest to convert when you use the right off-site marketing technique. You must make sure that your marketing and your product/services are related. For example, if you want more conversions on dog grooming, your videos that link to your site better be related to pets, grooming, etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back