Dynadot

Contract form for domain sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joshdns

Established Member
Impact
Hello friends,

I sold a domain and I've been sent an email with attachment containing a contract agreement form in a .docx file for me to assent and sign.
Can anybody help me with the best method/process I can use to sign this form since it is online?
Maybe there is an app,software or something that works well. thanks.

Regards,
Josh

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess you need to print it., sign it, scan it, upload it to pc and send it via email.

•••
•••
BUMP!
I don't get why this isn't discussed more. I hear about people getting chargebacks, having their domain stolen after a forced refund where they're left without their domain and the money, etc.

Can't fighting such behavior be easier if we made buyers sign a contract (or e-contract) before going through with the sale. (Terms: No refunds. All sales final. etc.)

...but how to verify their true identities?
also, what about international buyers?

Any lawyers on NP? :bookworm:

•••
BUMP!
I don't get why this isn't discussed more. I hear about people getting chargebacks, having their domain stolen after a forced refund where they're left without their domain and the money, etc.
Having a written agreement is always a good idea when selling anything. I think people "forget" about this because it's an added hassle and they feel secure enough getting paid first, before releasing the domain(s) to the buyer. Other, higher value sales, go through a marketplace or using escrow. Rinse and repeat.

Can't fighting such behavior be easier if we made buyers sign a contract (or e-contract) before going through with the sale. (Terms: No refunds. All sales final. etc.)
Yes! Absolutely! It would be a hassle for scammers, scaring some of them off, making their "job" a little harder.

..but how to verify their true identities?
also, what about international buyers?
Yeah, here's the crux of the matter: the problem with enforcing any such agreement if push comes to shove! It can be done, but again, most buyers wouldn't stand for the added hassle. Just look at the indignation and concern with Escrow.com's new requirement of providing scan of personal ID.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back