NameSilo

Contacting businesses

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sam Hambling

Established Member
Impact
Who should I be contacting to sell a domain to a corporate, the marketing department? Are there any tips for approaching the sale? Would I be best to attempt to ring them, or simply start with an email?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if you're getting into a company then the higher you can go up, the better but marketing in most businesses would be a good place to start yes.

if you're a good talker and confident enough to phone then that would be ideal. if you're not (like me) i would email instead - just keep it simple and not spammy & you'll be fine (i.e look at the company website for which specific person to send it too and do an individual , personal email to them with no spammy links or anything)

•••
IT manager / Marketing operator / CEO / CTO or any other decision maker / someone who understands the value & benefits of acquiring a domain name. It requires research - some websites provides this info and some don't.. If they aren't, I would suggest you to try reach through LinkedIn, which provides some great results, espcially for big companies. Be straight to the point, don't fill the email with useless info. Assuming you contacted that right person who understands the value of a domain name, he'd need nothing but the name itself and the price tag. Never tried the phone, but I can tell you emails are great.

Good luck..!

•••
Yup, you want a C-level Executive (CFO, CTO, CEO). They have the power to make a decision ASAP and buy now if they'd like, or they will at least forward the email to the right person. Either way, I'd contact the C-level executives first. If you can't find contact info for them, then you can try to find contact info for whomever is next in the chain of command.

It takes some work finding names and emails etc, especially if you don't have ZoomInfo or Data.com or one of those, but it can be done.

I'd start with emails, but if you have no fear of making a phone call, more power to ya.

I believe Domain Sherpa did an interview a couple weeks ago (with David Kelly). It walks you through David's process. You can go from there

You may also want to get a paid email address, it makes you look more professional.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back