Domain Empire

question Constant nameserver changing

NameSilo
Watch

VivifyDomains

journey-x.comEstablished Member
Impact
After reviewing some NP member owned domains I've noticed a weird pattern. Some of them keep changing their domain's nameservers regularly and even sometimes daily. Is there some benefit to this?

Eg. this domain follows this type of pattern from 2017 all through 2023 constantly changing nameservers at least once per month with no big gaps in changes longer than a month:

1685846314318.png

I've seen this same pattern with multiple NP user owned domains, I won't list them for now incase this is something they don't want revealed but was curious if anyone knows what's going on with these.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I see a guy torn between Afternic and DAN and eftydns.
You need to be willing to try new things.
This guy seems committed; but he changes too much. Interesting thread…

Last edited:
•••
I see a guy torn between Afternic and DAN and eftydns.
You need to be willing to try new things.
This guy seems committed; but he changes too much. Interesting thread…
Yeah and this is not the only person, I've seen quite a few do this which is why I was curious. Some change even more frequently and they do it consistantly for many years

•••
Yeah and this is not the only person, I've seen quite a few do this which is why I was curious. Some change even more frequently and they do it consistantly for many years
Think about it… Those would be my top 3 landers! —Sorry, Sedo just missed the cut…

This user seems well-informed.
I’m assuming these are dot coms and user active on NP.

Last edited:
•••
The only thing this guy is guilty off is doing domaining full-time. Doing this for years is impressive! These are under-the-radar moves i feel go overlooked if it sells. Trial and error, back-and-forth until you find “formula” that works!

Last edited:
•••
The only thing this guy is guilty off is doing domaining full-time. Doing this for years is impressive! These are under-the-radar moves i feel go overlooked if it sells. Trial and error, back-and-forth until you find “formula” that works!
You are correct this specific domain from the screenshot actually belongs to a very well known domainer in the community, another reason I didn't want to reveal the name.

Well if it works for them I guess it can't hurt to try it out myself! Thank you for your input

•••
You are correct this specific domain from the screenshot actually belongs to a very well known domainer in the community, another reason I didn't want to reveal the name.

Well if it works for them I guess it can't hurt to try it out myself! Thank you for your input
The only time it “works” is when it ”sells”
So if he is a well-known domainer;
this could be a part of his routine.. Fascinating! I wish i had this energy of this domainer; now i understand what it takes to be well-known ; )

These are top market places; so ofc he’s well-known :D. Some domainers are more loyal to certain marketplaces; changing the NS; constantly; back-and-forth; best ones

Last edited:
•••
I'm not sure but one benefit can be related SEO.
G finds 3 different pages instead of the same landing page so may be the domain gain a better rank for the dynamic content.
Probably the same effect can be reached assigning these nameservers combination:
ns3.afternic.com
ns1.dan.com
ns1.eftydns.com

•••
Probably the same effect can be reached assigning these nameservers combination:
ns3.afternic.com
ns1.dan.com
ns1.eftydns.com
You will definitely get into trouble with this because a (full) TLS implentation is still not present at Afternic for the landers. So it's not recommended to combine nameservers like this.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back