question Confused about SEDO

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dStar

Established Member
Impact
Hello,
I am a beginner.
I need some help regarding this matter.I searched everywhere but couldn't find a satisfying answer.
I am sure that experts here know about this.

How does SEDO sales works?
what is the after process when someone hit the buyNow on buy domain sales page?
Or when someone make an offer to buy my domain.
*where do they hold the domain name in-between the domain transaction.
*does SEDO work on any registar.
*and other things that Domain beginner should know

Appreciate your help
Thank-you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Welcome to NamePros!

Here are some threads that answer your questions about Sedo...
https://www.namepros.com/search/12071006/?q=Sedo+process&o=relevance&c[node]=25

Best of luck!
Thank-you very much @Silentptnr
I already read those threads but i couldn't find the answer to this question,

lets say someone click the buy now button,as I currently understand SEDO is the third party that does this transaction for us.
the buyer Pays SEDO ,Then I transfer my domain into SEDO's Holding account? is that correct?
Then SEDO transfer the Domain to the buyers account and SEDO trasfers the after-commission ammount to me.
in this process (if I am Correct) does SEDO have a holding account on any Registar,that I can push my Domain into? (for example I have one a domain on exabytes can I push my domain into SEDO's exabyte holding account)

Thank-you
Appreciate your help

•••
•••
•••
If the buyer has an account at the same registrar, you would be able to push. If not, you would provide the auth code. Sedo would instruct you when the funds are secure, so you can push to the buyer or provide auth code without worry. Sedo does not have accounts at various registrars. Sedo holds money, not domains. Sedo just verifies that a seller actually owns the domain.

It's the same on GD auctions. You can sell domains that are not registered at GD. Just have to provide auth code once name is sold and funds are secured.

•••
If the buyer has an account at the same registrar, you would be able to push. If not, you would provide the auth code. Sedo would instruct you when the funds are secure, so you can push to the buyer or provide auth code without worry. Sedo does not have accounts at various registrars. Sedo holds money, not domains. Sedo just verifies that a seller actually owns the domain.

It's the same on GD auctions. You can sell domains that are not registered at GD. Just have to provide auth code once name is sold and funds are secured.
Thank-you @Silentptnr that make things clear a lot .

•••
lets say someone click the buy now button,as I currently understand SEDO is the third party that does this transaction for us.
the buyer Pays SEDO ,Then I transfer my domain into SEDO's Holding account? is that correct?
Then SEDO transfer the Domain to the buyers account and SEDO trasfers the after-commission ammount to me.
in this process (if I am Correct) does SEDO have a holding account on any Registar,that I can push my Domain into? (for example I have one a domain on exabytes can I push my domain into SEDO's exabyte holding account)

Sedo has accounts with many/major registrars.

After they secure the funds they will instruct you if you need to push the name to their acc (if they have one with the current registrar) or unlock the name an send them the epp code via their messaging system, not directly to the buyer.

That also depends on if the buyer has / is willing to open an acc with the current registrar or only wants to transfer away.

During the process you will never need or have a chance to contact the buyer directly.
Everything is done via Sedo's transfer manager (via their massaging system on Transfer Center page)
And that usually makes the whole thing smooth and painless for you, much easier than dealing with a buyer directly especially if they are not tech savvy...

...as per my experience with Sedo

Last edited:
•••
Thank-you very much @4pm
That is very Helpful

•••
•••
very usefull! Thanks

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back